Points? What is that?

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
OK, so below my username and avatar is some statistics.

One celebrating the day I stopped being a lurker and actually joined USMB on December 20, 2010.

Then another saying how many messages I have posted here, which is quite a few. Thirty fucking one thousand, one hundred and ninety five posts.

Then a "reaction score". I'm not really sure what that is, but I assume that it's about when someone liked or hated my post.

But below that is "points". Points for what? It doesn't say. WTF are USMB points?

Do you get a prize after so many points?

My youngest daughter wants a pet puppy, specifically a hyena.

How many USMB points does it take to win a hyena?
:dunno:

Last edited:
Those are trophy points. You get trophies for "milestones" so to speak.

Points were an idea that the owners of this site thought members might be interested in receiving. New members seem to appreciate getting them, but soon realize they mean nothing.

OK, so below my username and avatar is some statistics.

One celebrating the day I stopped being a lurker and actually joined USMB on December 20, 2010.

Then another saying how many messages I have posted here, which is quite a few. Thirty fucking one thousand, one hundred and ninety five posts.

Then a "reaction score". I'm not really sure what that is, but I assume that it's about when someone liked or hated my post.

But below that is "points". Points for what? It doesn't say. WTF are USMB points?

Do you get a prize after so many points?

My youngest daughter wants a pet puppy, specifically a hyena.

How many USMB points does it take to win a hyena?
:dunno:
IIRC there may have been an era of points that worked like reddit upvoting and downvoting that ended up just being another thing for the people who troll to use to troll thereby creating a bunch of fights and ill-will.

It's just a way to have "Reputation" points without have the old "Reputation" system that some people thought was being abused by some members... members whose main source of validation is anonymous message boards...

Heroes count their name...

Legends leave their mark...

Glory is forever...

images

:rock:

It's a sales pitch to drum up biz Muhammed

~S~
Well, yes I don't mind a few adds here and there. Many people bitch about the but sometimes I actually like them.

But sometimes they are just silly. Like when the ads kept trying to sell me an extremely powerful industrial magnet. WTF? But other times, the AI ads seem know exactly what I am looking for. That's the only time I allow ads. They do a lot of the annoying of research for me.

But now, just because I mentioned a hyena, I'm afraid they are going to keep trying to sell me a hyena. I'm pretty sure that hyena puppies don't make particularly good pets for children. They are probably more violent that pound dogs.

Hyenas rip faces off and eat children's' livers. I don't want one in my house or even my neighborhood, no matter how cute they are.

Last edited:
Well, yes I don't mind a few adds here and there. Many people bitch about the but sometimes I actually like them.

But sometimes they are just silly. Like when the ads kept trying to sell me an extremely powerful industrial magnet. WTF? But other times, the AI ads seem know exactly what I am looking for. That\s the only time I allow ads. They do a lot of the annoying of the research for me.

But now, just because I mentioned a hyena, are they going to keep trying to sell me a hyena. I'm pretty sure that hyena puppies don't make particularly good pets for children.
They work fine if you have wildebeests messing up your yard.

They work fine if you have wildebeests messing up your yard.
I haven't had that problem lately. The last wildebeests I've seen were on my TV, and they all gathered into a herd and tried to fjord a river full of crocodiles as fast as they could to avoid getting eaten.

Crocodiles have a huge fighting advantage over wildebeests in a river.

Crocodiles can actually swim.

Last edited:
I haven't had that problem lately. The last wildebeests I've seen were on my TV, and they all gathered into a herd and tried to fjord a river full of crocodiles as fast as they could to avoid getting eaten.

Crocodiles have a huge fighting advantage over wildebeests in a river.
Probably because the Deep State gave unfair advantage to the crocks. There should be an investigation, but there won't be.

But sometimes they are just silly. Like when the ads kept trying to sell me an extremely powerful industrial magnet. WTF? But other times, the AI ads seem know exactly what I am looking for. That's the only time I allow ads. They do a lot of the annoying of research for me.

But now, just because I mentioned a hyena, I'm afraid they are going to keep trying to sell me a hyena. I'm pretty sure that hyena puppies don't make particularly good pets for children. They are probably more violent that pound dogs.

Hyenas rip faces off and eat children's' livers. I don't want one in my house or even my neighborhood, no matter how cute they are.
True , but sell enough hyenas , and your chat room gets noticed.

for ex., one pro chat i frequent recently sold for 3.2 million

That's million w/an M

~S~

True , but sell enough hyenas , and your chat room gets noticed.

for ex., one pro chat i frequent recently sold for 3.2 million

That's million w/an M

~S~
Nobody likes a braggart.

Forum List

Back