What Are Your Internet Manners?

Shut the hell up you little bastard. :evil:

:scared1: :lol:

LOLOLOL @ EZ. Everyone knows, you have a mouth sweet and soft, like a peep.

Do you even cuss when you stub your toe?

*Winks*

peep.jpg

No offense to the ladies in this thread who are arguing with each other, but don't you get tired of it after awhile? It seems like every thread becomes an argument over the same stuff. Even more so than Dive and I use to, and I use to think we were bad. :lol:

WHAT?

This is a completely different argument.

Subtle differences....very very subtle......

No offense to the ladies in this thread who are arguing with each other, but don't you get tired of it after awhile? It seems like every thread becomes an argument over the same stuff. Even more so than Dive and I use to, and I use to think we were bad. :lol:

nah--last tag is important--it means you win. :lol:

I do my very best to conduct myself in an honorable manner, whether online or not. I think it is rather sad that so many 'adults' on here have (what appears) no shame, when making posts. Degrading one another at every chance, with vocabulary that is limited to vulgarities and other infantile made up words, serves no real purpose other than to show others, that one lacks upbringing, honor, and decorum, in my opinion.

I do my very best to conduct myself in an honorable manner, whether online or not. I think it is rather sad that so many 'adults' on here have (what appears) no shame, when making posts. Degrading one another at every chance, with vocabulary that is limited to vulgarities and other infantile made up words, serves no real purpose other than to show others, that one lacks upbringing, honor, and decorum, in my opinion.

The made up words dun bother me....they can be fun, actually. I'd agree that a post made only to insult the person it's directed at is basically litter.

Might be fun to write, but it's rarely fun for anyone else to read.

Okie dokie, then. Still waiting to hear, if I might, why the word "****" cannot be written on a message board where no one bats an eye at "n*gger", "camel jockey", etc.

What dasdardly evil is suggested to you by someone else rudely referring to a woman's pink bits, Annie?

Sorry, but some of us not only bat an eye, we cringe. I have even requested a word filter for our CP.
So far we don't have it.
Yes, Maddie, ALL of those words offend me.

I believe you, Kat. And this might be Annie's issue as well...all "bad words". You have a certain persona that would make me feel positively crappy for using such language towards you -- so does Pixie, and a few others. I dun share your sensitivity, obviously, but if I did, I wouldn't put "c*nt" at the top of the heap. So what if someone calls me a chick?

I ain't ashamed to be one.

I am not trying to be critical of anyone, and it is not all bad words, but there are certain words that make me cringe..literally. I have become pretty good at scanning, and seeing them, yet not really seeing them. You can call it sensitivity, but I don't think that is what it is.

Yes, you do BGG. You are gentlemanly, and I have not seen you post in any other manner, anywhere.

Have you met Gunny?

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, but some of us not only bat an eye, we cringe. I have even requested a word filter for our CP.
So far we don't have it.
Yes, Maddie, ALL of those words offend me.

I believe you, Kat. And this might be Annie's issue as well...all "bad words". You have a certain persona that would make me feel positively crappy for using such language towards you -- so does Pixie, and a few others. I dun share your sensitivity, obviously, but if I did, I wouldn't put "c*nt" at the top of the heap. So what if someone calls me a chick?

I ain't ashamed to be one.

I am not trying to be critical of anyone, and it is not all bad words, but there are certain words that make me cringe..literally. I have become pretty good at scanning, and seeing them, yet not really seeing them. You can call it sensitivity, but I don't think that is what it is.

Words are words, we make of them what we will based on our paradigm. I choose to try not to let words bother me so as not to project my conceptual constructs on others.

Oh brother.

I absolutely do NOT talk to people in real life the way I talk to folks on the interwebz, especially not the way I talk to them here at USMB.

I speak the same truths here and out in the real world. But HERE, civility is reserved only for those who demonstrate it. And even some who have been generally civil in their discourse get incivility in return from me if they express mindless and outlandish views and spout gibberish as though they were reciting actual "facts."

In the real world, civility distinguishes us from lower life forms. Here? Pfft. The guys to whom I speak to uncivilly very frequently ARE lower life forms! :razz:

Oh brother.

I absolutely do NOT talk to people in real life the way I talk to folks on the interwebz, especially not the way I talk to them here at USMB.

I speak the same truths here and out in the real world. But HERE, civility is reserved only for those who demonstrate it. And even some who have been generally civil in their discourse get incivility in return from me if they express mindless and outlandish views and spout gibberish as though they were reciting actual "facts."

In the real world, civility distinguishes us from lower life forms. Here? Pfft. The guys to whom I speak to uncivilly very frequently ARE lower life forms! :razz:

Well, I dun truely think anyone here is "beneath me", Liability, no matter how badly I insult them. There are some -- like you, and Kat and Allie -- I usually disagree with and usually vehemently. But if all we ever did was abuse one another, I could not learn from you.

There's prolly no one here I have abused as much as I have Willow, and yet right now we are discussing manufacturer liability (the thread about a fat McDonald's employee). Civility is what makes that convo even possible and hearing her POV allows me to clarify my own thinking. I might not decide to move closer to her opinion, but if I don't, at least it isn't because I am locked into my own without reasoning it through.

If we aren't here to benefit from one another's life experience and wisdom, then why?

Oh brother.

Well, I dun truely think anyone here is "beneath me", Liability, no matter how badly I insult them. There are some -- like you, and Kat and Allie -- I usually disagree with and usually vehemently. But if all we ever did was abuse one another, I could not learn from you.

There's prolly no one here I have abused as much as I have Willow, and yet right now we are discussing manufacturer liability (the thread about a fat McDonald's employee). Civility is what makes that convo even possible and hearing her POV allows me to clarify my own thinking. I might not decide to move closer to her opinion, but if I don't, at least it isn't because I am locked into my own without reasoning it through.

If we aren't here to benefit from one another's life experience and wisdom, then why?

Because there's nothing good on tv?

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Oh brother.

Well, Maddy, perhaps there aren't many beneath you!

Did ya ever stop to think it through?

:eusa_angel:

Nd
Oh brother.

And what you wrote has nothing to do with you. You are intractable to knowledge gain and thought processing.

Oh brother.

Well, Maddy, perhaps there aren't many beneath you!

Did ya ever stop to think it through?

:eusa_angel:

I meant, I'm not here to establish my ego, Liability. There are no doubt message boards crawling with nothing but liberals, who would (mostly) agree with whatever I said....I dun choose to belong to one because when you or Quantum Windbag or DiveCon etc, ask me to defend my POV, I sometimes see gaps in my reasoning, or uncover a bias I wasn't aware of.

Besides, it's more fun to debate anything with someone who disagrees. If we agree, I dun even see how that qualifies as a "debate".

Forum List

Back