USMB Lounge is open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I DON'T whine. But I sure see a bunch that need tissues. Wanna hand them out?

Make a whole new forum with subforums.

The Mall.

Inside the mall are taverns, coffee shops, gif shops, courtside stoops, salons. Members go from shop to shop. All neg free. Fight free. The rest of the board can be the back alley.

so this is about a neg rep whine??

Uh. No. Just a suggestion where everyone can get along. I put neg in there because most of the fighting comes from someone being neg'd. Which I rarely get I am pleased to say.

Why so defensive? Angry? Ok. I understand that. But don't take it out on me.

you mean someone whining about getting a neg.

so this is about a neg rep whine??

Uh. No. Just a suggestion where everyone can get along. I put neg in there because most of the fighting comes from someone being neg'd. Which I rarely get I am pleased to say.

Why so defensive? Angry? Ok. I understand that. But don't take it out on me.

you mean someone whining about getting a neg.

That's usually what I see going on around here. Someone pissed off about a neg. Not anyone in particular. Just some folks getting all upset about it.

Look, it seems as though YOU requested your Tavern to be closed. Did you consider the members who kept it going for so long when you did that? No? Don't blame me for YOUR decision. I'm sorry it is closed and I am sorry you felt you had to do it but I did nothing to make it happen. Look further afield.

Or closer to home. You okay with KG negging in the Tavern? Several of us were not, and voted with our feet.

What makes you think i was ok with it? Were you in on the pm dressing down? Did you talk to me about any of it? You knew i was gone when you blew it up..... did you give me a chance to deal with it?

did you know i ASKED to have the tavern put under zone 1 rules to make YOU happy???

so i guess i was right.... this is about a neg rep whine fest.

Perhaps CL did not womd The Tavern and can bring it back cuz it is sitting in storage for now. And perhaps he will bring it back and stick it in the lounge area along with all the other "relaxing places". The members of TT would probably be happy if it were brought back because without them, there would have been no TT to begin with unless one likes talking to oneself.

Just a thought.

I hate this division thing. It's going to destroy this place.

The Tavern doesn't allow for anything. The Tavern is closed.

This is semantics. Pretty sure "mild flaming" was supposed to mean good-natured ribbing of the sort which also happened in the Coffee Shop the last time I was there and I'm sure will happen in Boop's Stoop. [Edit: what Ernie said.]

And now there is no more Tavern because Syrenn made an unfortunate word choice in her OP. :(

unfortunate word choice? Sort of like Obamas "Period" meant only if your insurance hadn't changed? No one is being punished Syrenn requested it be closed.

If it wasn't going to be accorded the protections that the other socializing spots were being allowed, no wonder she asked for it to be closed.

If there was any thread which was fit for the lounge, that was it. If there was a lounge when Syrenn started the Tavern, I'm sure she would have put it there.

/leaving this thread now because I'm going to get myself in trouble over these frustrating semantics

DAMNED well said!

Or closer to home. You okay with KG negging in the Tavern? Several of us were not, and voted with our feet.

What makes you think i was ok with it? Were you in on the pm dressing down? Did you talk to me about any of it? You knew i was gone when you blew it up..... did you give me a chance to deal with it?

did you know i ASKED to have the tavern put under zone 1 rules to make YOU happy???

so i guess i was right.... this is about a neg rep whine fest.

Well, not on my end. I left the Tavern way before any of that went on and I didn't even know about KG negging folks until I read it somewhere. I bailed before any of this came to light. So again, I guess I stepped into something at the wrong place in the wrong time.
For the record, I did not know about the negging in TT. I was not there.
I didn't comment about No Neg Repping, No Arguements because I supposedly knew. I just assumed.

Oy.

I believe that was one of the requests when the Tavern opened. Syrenn and several of us joked about Bones being the bouncer, it was supposed to be a fun and chit chatty place for people who wanted some time away from the maddness.

I saw KG out on the boards recently talking about Lefties causing trouble in there and she even mentioned my name. I corrected her because I haven't been participating in that thread for awhile.

Imo, once you start negging, it sucks all the fun out of the room. It isn't funny or cute especially when you are negging newbs. So negging is or should be unacceptable there.

I didn't know it was closed. Sorry to hear.

All this hullabaloo over ONE person who gets kicks out of causing strife. Bet she is grinning madly from ear to ear about now.

I believe that was one of the requests when the Tavern opened. Syrenn and several of us joked about Bones being the bouncer, it was supposed to be a fun and chit chatty place for people who wanted some time away from the maddness.

I saw KG out on the boards recently talking about Lefties causing trouble in there and she even mentioned my name. I corrected her because I haven't been participating in that thread for awhile.

Imo, once you start negging, it sucks all the fun out of the room. It isn't funny or cute especially when you are negging newbs. So negging is or should be unacceptable there.

I didn't know it was closed. Sorry to hear.

right.. so you know what it was all about... you were there from the start. And when someone came in and shit on it...... we either showed them the door or ignored them until they shut up..... and then it got quietly cleaned.

What the ever-loving fuck. I have no idea what you're going on about. A PM was sent, and obviously I can't discuss that. I did not address the issue further, and I left the tavern.

Know why? Because Every. Damn. Time ANYBODY tries to address the issue of KG shitting in the Tavern, you do EXACTLY what you did above. We are all just as much to blame as she is, according to you. So no. I didn't address it with you, or mods, or admin. I left.

And you? You took your own two little hands, and blew up the Tavern. Don't you DARE try to load the blame on me. I'm way past here and done with carrying other people's shit.

Last edited:
th

What the ever-loving fuck. I have no idea what you're going on about. A PM was sent, and obviously I can't discuss that. I did not address the issue further, and I left the tavern.

Know why? Because Every. Damn. Time ANYBODY tries to address the issue of KG shitting in the Tavern, you do EXACTLY what you did above. We are all just as mich to blame as she is. So no. I didn't address it with you, or mods, or admin. I left.

And you? You took your own two little hands, and blew up the Tavern. Don't you DARE try to load the blame on me. I'm way past here and done with carrying other people's shit.

i will DARE...thank you very much.

I did not blow it up....it blew up while i was gone. I asked for it to be closed. It is NOT a flame thread and i do not want it assumed to be such.

If social threads are going to have protection then ALL social threads should be protected... not just the favored few.

The Mall.

Inside the mall are taverns, coffee shops, gif shops, courtside stoops, salons. Members go from shop to shop. All neg free. Fight free. The rest of the board can be the back alley.

We don't need to do anything but restrict certain people who can't respect the good hearted nature of a thread. In the past, a few were thread banned or warned that their behavior wasn't welcome, but a few are allowed to turn what was intended to be good natured fun into a flame thread.
Mods, especially Connery have repeatedly cleaned out the smegma and moved it to a new thread. Why couldn't that happen in The Tavern?
Difficult and time consuming? I guess, but the tools are available to keep a thread like The Tavern humming along in the spirit that Syrenn intended when she started it.
What it seems to boil down to is some people get their asses kissed and some get theirs kicked.

The Mall.

We don't need to do anything but restrict certain people who can't respect the good hearted nature of a thread. In the past, a few were thread banned or warned that their behavior wasn't welcome, but a few are allowed to turn what was intended to be good natured fun into a flame thread.
Mods, especially Connery have repeatedly cleaned out the smegma and moved it to a new thread. Why couldn't that happen in The Tavern?
Difficult and time consuming? I guess, but the tools are available to keep a thread like The Tavern humming along in the spirit that Syrenn intended when she started it.
What it seems to boil down to is some people get their asses kissed and some get theirs kicked.

Ok. Then maybe those who start such large threads for comraderie could be made mods of their own thread. I KNOW this can be done because I did it myself when I had my board so long ago. They have no powers at all except for THEIR thread designated as a "rest easy" place for members who choose to participate. The mods of all the board and the admin have the powers as well, but they leave the moderating to the owner of THAT THREAD...with certain powers for that thread only. Like deleting a post or removing a member not following their rules.

The admin and mods at USMB have enough to do. Maybe they can ease some of their duties to make Syrenn a mod of TT, Foxfyre a mod of CS. Problem solved.

Know why? Because Every. Damn. Time ANYBODY tries to address the issue of KG shitting in the Tavern, you do EXACTLY what you did above. We are all just as mich to blame as she is. So no. I didn't address it with you, or mods, or admin. I left.

i will DARE...thank you very much.

I did not blow it up....it blew up while i was gone. I asked for it to be closed. It is NOT a flame thread and i do not want it assumed to be such.

If social threads are going to have protection then ALL social threads should be protected... not just the favored few.

Then move it to the lounge. There. Problem solved. I think you are making every effort to cut off your nose to spite your face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back