What One Change (or Addition) to the Forum Would You Like to Be Made?

Just curious, if you could pick just one thing to change, or add, to the forum, what would it be? This is not about any member or moderator, just either a change to one existing function or adding some new function to the forum. Rather than mentioning multiple changes, just mention the most important one you would like to see implemented.

NEW TOPICS - This list is 10 threads long. That's all you get.

How about all the threads in the past 24 hour period, or even better, just have a running total of all new threads, ordered chronologically, so you can actually see all the new topics/threads? What you currently see is any thread that has a new comment, and most of those threads are old threads, not new threads.

Rather than putting someone on "ignore" it would be better if we could simply block them from being able to read our content. Being blocked is what a troll fears and dreads most because then can no longer see your content and participate.

Rather than putting someone on "ignore" it would be better if we could simply block them from being able to read our content. Being blocked is what a troll fears and dreads most because then can no longer see your content and participate.
Actually, being ignored is just as valuable if not more so because it puts the power in your hands. They get no reaction. Thread banning is one example, they can read the content, but not reply. Trolls hate that.

Actually, being ignored is just as valuable if not more so because it puts the power in your hands. They get no reaction. Thread banning is one example, they can read the content, but not reply. Trolls hate that.
i think once someone is on ignore, you can never see anything this poster ever did....like they did not exist ever in time and space, and there is no way you could ever reserve it

know that is an ignore woman

Just curious, if you could pick just one thing to change, or add, to the forum, what would it be? This is not about any member or moderator, just either a change to one existing function or adding some new function to the forum. Rather than mentioning multiple changes, just mention the most important one you would like to see implemented.

NEW TOPICS - This list is 10 threads long. That's all you get.

How about all the threads in the past 24 hour period, or even better, just have a running total of all new threads, ordered chronologically, so you can actually see all the new topics/threads? What you currently see is any thread that has a new comment, and most of those threads are old threads, not new threads.
/——/ Make me supreme commander and chief moderator of USMB. Nothing more than that.

The ignore function works perfectly, that seems to be the one thing everyone else would change, but the only thing I can find to improve upon is having a choice to "Also ignore reactions?" which means the people you have on ignore are truly on ignore, as you can't see anything by them.

i think once someone is on ignore, you can never see anything this poster ever did....like they did not exist ever in time and space, and there is no way you could ever reserve it

know that is an ignore woman
True…so those that complain it not working are probably looking at it anyway because they can’t resist.

I saw it with an Israel thread by Carl where mods and members worked together to completely derail it into conspiracy theory and then proceeded to make the thread Judenfrei.
I suggest that when a moderator reveals his or her antisemitism by addressing a Jewish poster with an antidemitic slur, the mod be disqualified from taking any moderator action against that specific poster foe the rest of time.

The same should happen if a mod addresses a black poster with a racist slur.

Forum List

Back