Not open for further replies.

AyeCantSeeYou

Platinum Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
May 19, 2013
DMV
The RULES state issues with moderation should be taken up by PM with the mods. There is also mention that harassment will not be tolerated. This includes any form of harassment aimed at moderators.

The mods have been very lenient in the past with allowing some of you to question us about decisions we have made on the open board and also with the harassment we receive whether as replies in threads, having threads started about us, mocking us in threads we participate in as members, etc. We have answered questions some of you have had regarding why threads were moved, posts deleted, etc. We have taken time to explain why we do what we do and how we go about it. We have played "nice" while taking heat and threats from many of you on the open board and also in PMs. Those days are over!

Consider this announcement the ONLY warning to all members of this forum: Any and all violations of the rules mentioned above WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and WILL result in BANS! If ANY of you think you are above the rules, think again!

So what exactly is considered harassment and what is considered just calling them out in public conversation? Where is the line drawn? Oh and the fact that you have gotten threats is WAY over the line, but I only have roasted mods for their behavior, not for modding issues.

Name me a tenured posted that hasn't been harassed for their views here ACSY

~S~

Exactly! I get it daily here from the left and I don't cry about it afterwards. I realize that a line has to be drawn somewhere but for hurt feelings? Especially when the mods that I've roasted on here in the past have just brought it on themselves. Aye was never one of them for the record. (This isn't me roasting anybody btw for the record, this is just me simply asking questions.)

1706722447699.png

I got harassed on USMB and all I got was this lousy TShirt!

Well that's also where my question of what exactly qualifies as harassment comes back into play because a lot of your comments in the past deserved ridicule as well. I seriously don't get why we have to all hold hands and sing Kumbaya all of a sudden. The real world isn't like that.

This isn't about someone being harassed for their views. It goes way above that.

Oh okay thank goodness so we can still call people out for them.

Moving threads into forums that only members can see without a public explanation is unacceptable. All moderator actions should come with an explanation. That would cut down on the widely held perception of bias. Why wouldnt you explain why you taking an action? Sheer arrogance? What have you got to hide? If someone then questions those explanations/reasons, that could be grounds for bans.

Moving threads into forums that only members can see without a public explanation is unacceptable. All moderator actions should come with an explanation. That would cut down on the widely held perception of bias. Why wouldnt you explain why you taking an action? Sheer arrogance? What have you got to hide? If someone then questions those explanations/reasons, that could be grounds for bans.

Wow, this is a rare account where you're actually making sense.

So what exactly is considered harassment and what is considered just calling them out in public conversation? Where is the line drawn? Oh and the fact that you have gotten threats is WAY over the line, but I only have roasted mods for their behavior, not for modding issues.
1706722530468.png

If someone is upset at a mod and follows that mod into threads they participate in as a member and makes snide comments about mod actions (warnings, deleting replies, etc) given, then that is violating the rules. Not only is it breaking the rule above, but it is also disrupting the thread.

View attachment 895680

If someone is upset at a mod and follows that mod into threads they participate in as a member and makes snide comments about mod actions (warnings, deleting replies, etc) given, then that is violating the rules. Not only is it breaking the rule above, but it is also disrupting the thread.
That makes sense because it's a form of stalking.

View attachment 895680

Okay but what if they were just somebody with TDS or approves the idea of indoctrinating children and that's where all the harassment was coming from and that's why we made a thread about it in the FZ or something?

I try and leave a comment in the threads I move. Sometimes there's so many reports to go thru that there isn't time for it, especially if the thread being moved is from the same person that we have repeatedly moved threads in the past for the same reason. I do know mods put a reason for thread relocations before the action is carried out by the software and most of us add our name to it. Those comments are supposed to be sent to the OP, not sure if they go to every member that has replied in the thread though.

Follow the rules and the mods will relax some rules... don't follow the rules and the mods would have to tighten up their moderating and some of us could be banned....
You "get" it! If only others did ...

Well this is rather open ended don't you think?
What exactly is harassment to a mod in a thread that other people don't also get??
Are you advocating special treatment?

Thank you as in my thoughts exactly, but it seems like Aye is just talking about modding issues and threats and stuff as for a moment there (no offense or anything Aye as I've always liked you) that she had lost her mind but thankfully she didn't because we still can harass mods for their views in a discussion. Or at least that's what it sounds like. Otherwise if they can't stand the heat then they should get out of the kitchen and I mean this in the nicest way possible.

Okay but what if they were just somebody with TDS or approves the idea of indoctrinating children and that's where all the harassment was coming from and that's why we made a thread about it in the FZ or something?
Then that isn't violating the rules mentioned in this announcement. However, if it's brought up that the person is a mod, then all bets are off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back