Sigh. This moving and combining threads is getting frustrating.

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
I almost never complain about the modding on this board except when it comes to indiscriminately moving or combining threads.

It is particularly frustrating for those of us who choose to stay out of the Taunting Area who participate on an interesting and pertinent thread and suddenly find their posts in the Badlands. Most especially when there is nothing in the OP or really in the post content that breaks any rules but the topic some might find politically incorrect.

And I will say again that when a few members scan the headlines so they can get a topic on the board ahead of everybody else, but frame the OP in such a toxic manner that no reasoned discussion can take place, others really should be able to start and keep a thread on the same general topic but with a very different perspective.

Okay rant over for the day. But I hope some consideration can be given here.

I almost never complain about the modding on this board except when it comes to indiscriminately moving or combining threads.

It is particularly frustrating for those of us who choose to stay out of the Taunting Area who participate on an interesting and pertinent thread and suddenly find their posts in the Badlands. Most especially when there is nothing in the OP or really in the post content that breaks any rules but the topic some might find politically incorrect.

And I will say again that when a few members scan the headlines so they can get a topic on the board ahead of everybody else, but frame the OP in such a toxic manner that no reasoned discussion can take place, others really should be able to start and keep a thread on the same general topic but with a very different perspective.

Never complain, you're setting yourself up to lose. Expect to have some of your topics sent to the Badlands. Does it make any difference? Nearly every thread will be spammed anyway and contain violations of the rules.

Never complain, you're setting yourself up to lose. Expect to have some of your topics sent to the Badlands. Does it make any difference? Nearly every thread will be spammed anyway and contain violations of the rules.
If nobody makes suggestions for improvement, improvement rarely happens. I don't demand that anybody do it my way unless I'm the boss. I'm not the boss here and do not presume to be. But I can express my observations and ask. As can we all. All I ask is to be heard, not obeyed.

There are several posters for whom just about EVERY thread they start is nothing more than partisan poop throwing.

Seems to me that the best solution wouldn't be to combine threats, but simply toss the threads created by the tolls into the basement and allow threads on the same subject to remain upstairs if they meet certain standards.

Eternal Optimist? :auiqs.jpg:

I guess it's presenting crap like this that get's your crappy OPs moved. Just an observation after looking at all of your negativity.

There are several posters for whom just about EVERY thread they start is nothing more than partisan poop throwing.

Seems to me that the best solution wouldn't be to combine threats, but simply toss the threads created by the tolls into the basement and allow threads on the same subject to remain upstairs if they meet certain standards.
Well stated and thank you. That seems to be a reasonable solution to me as well.

Last edited:
She was terrible -- seriously terrible, when she was staff.
I have never at any time in the entire history of the USMB website been a mod or on staff in any other capacity nor have I ever had any other account or used any other screen name here than the one I now have. The current mod staff will confirm me in that. And your repeated efforts to get me into a food fight--efforts I would consider trolling and illegal in this area of the board if I was a mod--will continue to be ignored.

I'm so sorry, foxfyre. If I could help, I would. Nostradamus and the online psychics say 2024 is going to be a rough year with a lot of shaking. Go figure what kind of "shaking" that means. All I can do is to try to not get involved in board mischief, which sometimes is not civil as a boxing ring.. You're one of the kindest people online or off that I've ever known. All clouds have a rainbow, though, and you're one of the most awesome rainbows on USMB. Saluting you.:salute:

I have never at any time in the entire history of the USMB website been a mod or on staff in any other capacity nor have I ever had any other account or used any other screen name here than the one I now have. The current mod staff will confirm me in that. And your repeated efforts to get me into a food fight--efforts I would consider trolling and illegal in this area of the board if I was a mod--will continue to be ignored.
It's Dante.

You're free to question why something was moved. Send us a PM

the best solution wouldn't be to combine threats

Sometimes it is.

MV5BMTI2MmQ0NDgtNmM4My00MjYzLTljODEtMzM4ZGVkMzk4MWUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg1ODQ4OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Forum List

Back