USMB Lounge is open!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering why the Tavern hasn't been moved there also?

It's a bit more rowdy, allows some flaming, so we opted to leave it where it was for now rather than force it under a different set of rules :)

Speaking for myself, I go there to avoid the flaming and have noticed a little too much lately. Maybe it's time to consider a tamer set of rules?

I agree. Can't speak for her officially but I was pretty sure that's what Syrenn wanted.

Last edited:
I can bring it up :)

Edited to add - hold on Amelia, don't jump to conclusions, your posting faster than I can respond. Let me see what's up ok?

Could have sworn we already had one of these.

Nope. Not unless you can start fun threads in the CDZ because you know they won't be flame-filled. This appears to be a counterpart to the CDZ.

And much as I personally love the Coffee Shop - it shouldn't be the only place on the entire board that one can escape the rabid.

You're thinking of The Tavern...that's a thread...already has 47,000 posts.

The Lounge is a forum....you can start a conversation of your own.

I'll get rid of my irritating signature GIF soon enough.

It is pretty irritating but we all need to let go in our own time, I guess. There is that other irritating one that shows Frank Zappa with his finger up his nose. That one's been around for years.

Tavern allows for MILD flaming as stipulated in the OP. Doesn't fit within the Lounge guidelines.

Nope. Not unless you can start fun threads in the CDZ because you know they won't be flame-filled. This appears to be a counterpart to the CDZ.

And much as I personally love the Coffee Shop - it shouldn't be the only place on the entire board that one can escape the rabid.

Looks like it is obviously just another place to find it ... All dressed up in ribbons and bows.

Just wondering why the Tavern hasn't been moved there also?

It's a bit more rowdy, allows some flaming, so we opted to leave it where it was for now rather than force it under a different set of rules :)

Some good natured ribbing, maybe a limited misunderstanding, but it was never intended to be a place for a few people to have a nightly bar brawl.

Force? I was under the impression that the thread's originator preferred a tamer set of rules and objected to the flaming when it took place there.

Yeah, me too. Until it actually started happening, and was excused.

then you should not have started flaming...... as i told you all.... no one is innocent in this..

and what makes you think it was excused? Did you see the PM's

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

It is pretty irritating but we all need to let go in our own time, I guess. There is that other irritating one that shows Frank Zappa with his finger up his nose. That one's been around for years.

Really, the tavern was irritating?

Force? I was under the impression that the thread's originator preferred a tamer set of rules and objected to the flaming when it took place there.

Yeah, me too. Until it actually started happening, and was excused.

then you should not have started flaming...... as i told you all.... no one is innocent in this..

Link to me flaming KG.

KG's sig gif was irritating.

Defensive much?

Link to me flaming KG.

its in there and you know it.... you started with your something like kgoul a long time ago....

Link me, flaming KG, in the tavern, without having been flamed FIRST!

Thanks. :thup:

Link to me flaming KG.

its in there and you know it.... you started with your something like kgoul a long time ago....

Link me, flaming Kg! In the tavern, without having been flamed FIRST!

Thanks. :thup:

im not looking for it boop... and i really dont care who flamed who first. You flamed right along with her.

so again..... no one is innocent of the flaming.

Tavern allows for MILD flaming as stipulated in the OP. Doesn't fit within the Lounge guidelines.

The Tavern doesn't allow for anything. The Tavern is closed.

This is semantics. Pretty sure "mild flaming" was supposed to mean good-natured ribbing of the sort which also happened in the Coffee Shop the last time I was there and I'm sure will happen in Boop's Stoop. [Edit: what Ernie said.]

And now there is no more Tavern because Syrenn made an unfortunate word choice in her OP. :(

KG's sig gif was irritating.

Defensive much?

yes... right now i am very defensive. Sensitive much?

and i have some control over sigs?

the only person who has control over sigs is you.....if they are irritating, turn then off Mine are turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back