A Reminder About Harassment and Discussing Mod Actions on the Open Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on what access the owner of this site gave to Senior Mods.
On vBulletin software (this site is Xenforo) every single mod action is logged, a mod cannot do any action without it being logged in their name. Every time. So it would be untrue that "no one knows who did something"
I would wager, literally, $100k that is the case with Xenforo. But, to my knowledge, there is no active Admins here. Only Senior Mods, so it depends if they were given access to see log files.
In vBulletin, only admins could see log files. Have no idea if that is true or not here.

Info would be there at the admin access level....

Yes, well, nobody with administrative access is regularly active here. And, so, the bars on the give a crap graph regarding day-to-day operatons here are probably rather short. And this is both known and understood by the maud staff.

It's a free-for-all in that regard. That's why I mentioned earlier about there needing to be a legitimate, trusted means to police the police.

I say this in a collective tenor, but it's not really a collective problem. So take that however you wish. If I were to speak on the matter on an Individual basis, it is considered harassment now. So, then, the deck is stacked in that regard now to maintain a shield. It's kind of clever strategy, really, and will no doubt be invoked at some point by its beneficiary once all of this initial drama dies down about it. Given that, there's just no choice other than to speak on the matter in a collective tenor. So I have to speak collectively so as not to catch another contempt charge. Which is unfair to the non-rogues, really. So what can you do?

Anyway. I keep coming back to this thread because I keep seeing it bumped to the top of the board.

I'm kind of tired of talking about it, really, but some of the commentary kind of leads me to want to respond for sake of relevant clarity.

At the end of the day, it's like this. If you're not seen as dangerous or threatening to a rogue maud's program, but rather an asset in some trivial way, you're probably okay and don't have to concern yourself with those sorts of no good, dirty, rotten, filthy, stinking, under-handed, arbitrary shenanigans.

Last edited:
Thank you for that! Unless the mod that made the thread move puts their name in the space for the reason for the thread move, it looks like the notification won't show who moved it.

I found the thread you questioned and it's from 2021. With the software updates since then, no mod actions are available for me to view. Just from reading thru the first few posts, I would have kept it in law. Not sure where you started the thread though.
I probably originally put it in Politics.

I see what you're saying. I was banned from a message board simply just because I was telling them what would happen if Biden became president... Guess who looks stupid now and it isn't me.
They were upset because you predicted 5% GDP growth, near record low unemployment, and all-time stock market highs?

Bastards!

Ah well. I'm not saying anything else in this thread. I'm exiting it. I think I've pretty much expressed my thoughts on the matter. I think I covered everything I wanted to touch on that I thought was important to consider. Even though I said that before. But now I mean it. lol. You all may proceed without me.

I'll tell you what, though. If I'm not up for at least consideration for the annual Dave Award this year, there's a damned problem because that was some championship Daving, I don't care what anybody says.

Last edited:
I went back and read the rules and there is nothing about moderators being allowed to have a life. I'm very sorry.
Geez. I think I had a plant manager like you, for a little while. It was interesting, until corporate called him home.:D

Cause and effect? BackAgain follows me around like a lost puppy because I make him look like a fool. You must have done something.
Syndi can’t stop lying. The truth is she/it follows me around because she/it is stung by the fact that it loses every argument we ever have. Facts torture it’s poor benighted soul.

Lol how this thread is even still open right now is beyond me. We are SO off topic. 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back