What One Change (or Addition) to the Forum Would You Like to Be Made?

Maybe permanently limit the posting privileges of anyone who falsely accuses a mod of making an ethnic/religious slur to the basement?

i love the ignored................why would you ignore on a free thought msg board????...lol

i'm the patron saint of the ignored
Dude put me on ignore on another forum......I posted a thread, he couldn't see my OP......so he goes on and on opining on what he thinks my OP is about.......about 4 posts down the road, several people asked him what the hell you going on about, it had nothing to do with the OP........LOL
Betcha he peeked after that......... :auiqs.jpg:

Dude put me on ignore on another forum......I posted a thread, he couldn't see my OP......so he goes on and on opining on what he thinks my OP is about.......about 4 posts down the road, several people asked him what the hell you going on about, it had nothing to do with the OP........LOL
Betcha he peeked after that......... :auiqs.jpg:
whenever anyone said they're putting me on ignore, i just thank them and that's that...lol

Just curious, if you could pick just one thing to change, or add, to the forum, what would it be? This is not about any member or moderator, just either a change to one existing function or adding some new function to the forum. Rather than mentioning multiple changes, just mention the most important one you would like to see implemented.

NEW TOPICS - This list is 10 threads long. That's all you get.

How about all the threads in the past 24 hour period, or even better, just have a running total of all new threads, ordered chronologically, so you can actually see all the new topics/threads? What you currently see is any thread that has a new comment, and most of those threads are old threads, not new threads.
I would like to see a crackdown on posters who use the "Report" button as a weapon.

I would like to see a crackdown on posters who use the "Report" button as a weapon.
There was/were a couple clowns who specialized in doing that.....they'd even tell you they were reporting you. I haven't seen them around either......nothing mod's love more than a continual stool pigeon. Most sites have a rule on abusing that too.

They just need to get rid of this forum. Just have an “ask a mod” button and handle issues in private. A/F has just become a grievance platform for those who can’t seem to understand or follow the rules.

I have mods on ignore, re pms; I have over 14 'unread messages' so far this year alone. lol still don;t know why I have been banned in the past, don't care, as it's just biased nonsense.

I have mods on ignore, re pms; I have over 14 'unread messages' so far this year alone. lol still don;t know why I have been banned in the past, don't care, as it's just biased nonsense.
Forums I've been on you can't put mods or admin on ignore.

Maybe this needs addressed...... :omg:

They just need to get rid of this forum. Just have an “ask a mod” button and handle issues in private. A/F has just become a grievance platform for those who can’t seem to understand or follow the rules.
As noted on another thread, I feel this would:

1/Reward the trolls

2/Punish mindful posters

3/Diminish speech

This sub-forum is a great resource, and closing it due to the trolling behavior of some would be a lose/lose/lose.

True you can't, but you can ignore their pms by not reading them.
One forum I visited didn't have known mods......you couldn't tell who was who wasn't. Pal told me the way was to put a particular poster on ignore.....if it wouldn't let you.....bingo....they're a mod.

Last edited:
This is probably impossible on a forum this big, but what I would love is something I've seen on other discussion forums, the option of having our own little section, where we can post stuff we want to post. It was like that way on DiscussAnything, I know some people here who came here from that forum know what I'm talking about.

This is probably impossible, on a forum this big, but what I would love is something I've seen on other discussion forums, the option of having our own little section, where we can post stuff we want to post. It was like that way on DiscussAnything, I know some people here who came here from that forum know what I'm talking about.
There used to be such sections.

I was in one limited to those who oppose Islamic terrorism, but it kept getting trolled by a moderator who overrode the members only settings in order to troll it.

Forum List

Back