A Reminder About Harassment and Discussing Mod Actions on the Open Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't the only one that was known at corporate. :cool:

It was a pun on words lol but come to think of it I'm glad that nobody has closed this thread yet, I might be making a very unlikely online friend right now LOL

I sometimes wonder if all the people I have on ignore realize there's an ignore feature, or just wonder why I never respond to them.
I know, right? If someone is harassing you, put them on ignore. You’re not missing anything...are you?

As for Moderator operations, their sandbox, their sand. You’ll like some of their rulings; you’ll dislike some others. Its a free site; just put on your big girl panties and deal with it. I had a thread moved twice--same thread--a few weeks ago. Amazingly, I didn’t impanel a grand jury and scream “bias”. I mean..who cares if a thread gets moved?

I’m more upset that the mods allow ethnic slurs toward Hispanics (i.e. “wetback”) to be broadcast so freely on their site. Unlike a lot of slurs, the term is not only offensive, it implies illegal action. They’ve allowed “pedo” accusations and now you can’t have a discussion without the accusation eventually being leveled. I wish they would not only keep this in mind in terms of what they allow but actually consider what is in good taste or not. If it’s in the basement...no problem. I you go down there, you deserve whatever you get. Anywhere else? Nope.

I know, right? If someone is harassing you, put them on ignore. You’re not missing anything...are you?

As for Moderator operations, their sandbox, their sand. You’ll like some of their rulings; you’ll dislike some others. Its a free site; just put on your big girl panties and deal with it. I had a thread moved twice--same thread--a few weeks ago. Amazingly, I didn’t impanel a grand jury and scream “bias”. I mean..who cares if a thread gets moved?

I’m more upset that the mods allow ethnic slurs toward Hispanics (i.e. “wetback”) to be broadcast so freely on their site. Unlike a lot of slurs, the term is not only offensive, it implies illegal action. They’ve allowed “pedo” accusations and now you can’t have a discussion without the accusation eventually being leveled. I wish they would not only keep this in mind in terms of what they allow but actually consider what is in good taste or not. If it’s in the basement...no problem. I you go down there, you deserve whatever you get. Anywhere else? Nope.
Outright accusations of being a Pedo is controlled, when reported, but there is a somewhat of a disconnect on accusations of supporting Pedo or other wordings for the same thing, and along with repetitive harassment using the supporting accusation thing.

The RULES state issues with moderation should be taken up by PM with the mods. There is also mention that harassment will not be tolerated. This includes any form of harassment aimed at moderators.

The mods have been very lenient in the past with allowing some of you to question us about decisions we have made on the open board and also with the harassment we receive whether as replies in threads, having threads started about us, mocking us in threads we participate in as members, etc. We have answered questions some of you have had regarding why threads were moved, posts deleted, etc. We have taken time to explain why we do what we do and how we go about it. We have played "nice" while taking heat and threats from many of you on the open board and also in PMs. Those days are over!

Consider this announcement the ONLY warning to all members of this forum: Any and all violations of the rules mentioned above WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and WILL result in BANS! If ANY of you think you are above the rules, think again!
As long as Mods follow their own rules.
1706829970058.gif

Outright accusations of being a Pedo is controlled, when reported, but there is a somewhat of a disconnect on accusations of supporting Pedo or other wordings for the same thing, and along with repetitive harassment using the supporting accusation thing.
Funny how Leftards who call for legalization of sex with adults are worried about pedo accusations being censored.

USMB is rapidly being known as the pedo board on the WWW

Funny how Leftards who call for legalization of sex with adults are worried about pedo accusations being censored.

USMB is rapidly being known as the pedo board on the WWW

I know, but I honestly don't think that White is one of those people who want it censored. We have quite a bit of political differences but he isn't a creep.

The RULES state issues with moderation should be taken up by PM with the mods. There is also mention that harassment will not be tolerated. This includes any form of harassment aimed at moderators.

The mods have been very lenient in the past with allowing some of you to question us about decisions we have made on the open board and also with the harassment we receive whether as replies in threads, having threads started about us, mocking us in threads we participate in as members, etc. We have answered questions some of you have had regarding why threads were moved, posts deleted, etc. We have taken time to explain why we do what we do and how we go about it. We have played "nice" while taking heat and threats from many of you on the open board and also in PMs. Those days are over!

Consider this announcement the ONLY warning to all members of this forum: Any and all violations of the rules mentioned above WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and WILL result in BANS! If ANY of you think you are above the rules, think again!
It's amazing the level of narcissism from anonymous individuals . I almost take myself so seriously out here in real life.

I've had a mod pm me with a little threat.

If you don't like it, don't do it.

And that mod knows exactly who I'm talking about.

Bottom line, if you can't stand the heat, probably should get out of the kitchen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back