Rate Your Fave US Presidents

My 4 worst list.
1. Ronald Reagan - Violated the Constitution (Committed treason really) and grew the national debt incrementally more then any president prior to him..or after.
2. Lyndon Johnson - Expanded the Vietnam War beyond what it should have been (Which was ended) and responsible for the death and suffering of millions.
3. George W. Bush - Probably the worst President ever. Violated the Constitution on numerous occassions and started 2 wars one of which was completely unjustified. Caused death and suffering for hundreds of thousands.
4. Richard Nixon - Another one who violated the Constitution. Expanded the Vietnam war and started secret wars in Laos and Cambodia. Responsible for the death and suffering of millions.

Ridiculous, and as bad as I think Johnson was... nowhere near the bottom dwellers of Carter, Taylor, Grant, Harding, or Buchanan

And while it is popular to put Nixon down the bottom thanks to the Watergate shit... many forget the amount of good he actually did

1) George Washington. Took the office and lead a country with no one to guide him through. He had to hold together a newly formed republic without falling to the temptation of ruling unilaterally.
2) Thomas Jefferson...this man had more wisdom and balance in his pinky toe than most humans had in their entire bodies.
3 Abraham Lincoln...Got rid of that awful stain on our nation known as slavery. Pieced back together a nation that had once been divided.
4) Harry S Truman. With two decisions ended a decade old world war and saved the lives of perhaps over one million soldiers and civilians.
5) Ronald Reagan.....convinced the American people to believe in themselves. That we the people were what made this nation great. Tugged the US out of economic malaise. Helped send the USSR to it's destruction without firing a single shot.

My 4 worst list.
1. Ronald Reagan - Violated the Constitution (Committed treason really) and grew the national debt incrementally more then any president prior to him..or after.
2. Lyndon Johnson - Expanded the Vietnam War beyond what it should have been (Which was ended) and responsible for the death and suffering of millions.
3. George W. Bush - Probably the worst President ever. Violated the Constitution on numerous occassions and started 2 wars one of which was completely unjustified. Caused death and suffering for hundreds of thousands.
4. Richard Nixon - Another one who violated the Constitution. Expanded the Vietnam war and started secret wars in Laos and Cambodia. Responsible for the death and suffering of millions.

Ridiculous, and as bad as I think Johnson was... nowhere near the bottom dwellers of Carter, Taylor, Grant, Harding, or Buchanan

And while it is popular to put Nixon down the bottom thanks to the Watergate shit... many forget the amount of good he actually did

Zoomed right over the Vietnam war..did ya.

I think human life is valuable. Despite the fact those lives did not start in America.

Nixon and Johnson both did very positive things for this country. But the Vietnam war was an atrocity.

My 4 worst list.

I think human life is valuable. Despite the fact those lives did not start in America.

Nixon and Johnson both did very positive things for this country. But the Vietnam war was an atrocity.

Zoom over it..?? Nope... but funny how you don't hold Kennedy to the same standard now, isn't it??

The war is a smacking point for many, including many left wingers... but the war did have a purpose, even it it was piss poorly handled

War happens.. and deaths happen in war.... I am certainly no peacenick thinking that all war is wrong

1) Abraham Lincoln
2) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
3) George Washington
4) Teddy Roosevelt
5) Bill Clinton
6) John Fitzgerald Kennedy
7) Dwight Eisenhower
8) Thomas Jefferson
9) Woodrow Wilson
10) Barack Obama

I could even live with the overrated FDR where you have him and even the liar in chief on there... but the second you put Obama as a top 10 prez... you lost any and all credibility you may have had... absofuckinglutely laughable

:eusa_hand:

DiamondDave,

The OP asked who your favorite Presidents are, not who the best are. I don't think you should attach my credibility to having Obama as my 10th favorite President. A group of folks have W. Bush listed in their top 5. I'm not going to dismiss them outright because of it.

Zoom over it..?? Nope... but funny how you don't hold Kennedy to the same standard now, isn't it??

The war is a smacking point for many, including many left wingers... but the war did have a purpose, even it it was piss poorly handled

War happens.. and deaths happen in war.... I am certainly no peacenick thinking that all war is wrong

No I didn't. I also didn't include Ike (who stopped a general election) or Truman (who got the ball rolling in the first place).

These folks were meddling. But they didn't go full bore.

Johnson and Nixon did.

And it resulted in the deaths of millions.

1) Abraham Lincoln
2) Franklin Delano Roosevelt
3) George Washington
4) Teddy Roosevelt
5) Bill Clinton
6) John Fitzgerald Kennedy
7) Dwight Eisenhower
8) Thomas Jefferson
9) Woodrow Wilson
10) Barack Obama

I could even live with the overrated FDR where you have him and even the liar in chief on there... but the second you put Obama as a top 10 prez... you lost any and all credibility you may have had... absofuckinglutely laughable

DiamondDave,

The OP asked who your favorite Presidents are, not who the best are. I don't think you should attach my credibility to having Obama as my 10th favorite President. A group of folks have W. Bush listed in their top 5. I'm not going to dismiss them outright because of it.

I do... as I stated in a prior response to someone else... I don't see how anyone can put GWB up there on a list either

And if Obama is one of your 'favs'.. then your self labeling as 'fiscal conservative' was a complete bluff bullshit deception.... and as stated also, I do not put him in anything as he has not completed his time... hence why I did not include him in my list of worst Presidents, even with how much I detest what he is doing while in office so far

No I didn't. I also didn't include Ike (who stopped a general election) or Truman (who got the ball rolling in the first place).

Johnson and Nixon did.

And while I hate the mishandling of the war in NUMEROUS aspects... I support our war effort from then... unlike what an ignorant peacenick does

DiamondDave,

I do... as I stated in a prior response to someone else... I don't see how anyone can put GWB up there on a list either

And if Obama is one of your 'favs'.. then your self labeling as 'fiscal conservative' was a complete bluff bullshit deception.... and as stated also, I do not put him in anything as he has not completed his time... hence why I did not include him in my list of worst Presidents, even with how much I detest what he is doing while in office so far

DiamondDave,

I've been a fiscal conservative since Reagan was running up the debt and it wasn't popular to be fiscally conservative. Now that it's the in thing and everyone thinks their fiscally conservative, that doesn't mean they are and I'm not. I'm not radical about it like some tea partiers. In some cases, you have to put the fire out. Much of what Obama has spent money on has been necessary in my opinion. He inherited a nightmare economic situation. No one had answers that they were confident would work, so he had to try multiple things. You add that with a House led by Nancy Pelosi and you're going to get some spending that's less than ideal. In the end, I've followed Obama very closely and read Audacity of Hope. He's not a tax and spend liberal that he's painted to be. Over the next two years, maybe over the next 6 he'll get to prove it. I think he's a generally a centrist, with some left leans. Above all though he's pragmatic. A free-falling economy and a full bore Democratic Congress, led by the bluest of the blue, Pelosi, he was going to end up with some legislation that was let's just say not fiscally conservative. That will change going forward. He had to do some things to stave off disaster. Perhaps he wasn't a strong enough leader walking in the door to stand up to Pelosi more, but hey Kennedy had his challenges in the beginning too (see Khruschev)

How the heck was Harding a bad President? The man's economic policies started by him and continued by Coolidge lead to the greatest economic period and technological advancement in the history of our nation. He and Coolidge were over the only recorded period where Unemployment was at 2%.

Plus he dismantled a number of the tyrannical policies Wilson had created. The only really huge problem I have with him is that he let Hoover have a position of prominence in his cabinet

Johnson and Nixon did.

And while I hate the mishandling of the war in NUMEROUS aspects... I support our war effort from then... unlike what an ignorant peacenick does

There was no "mishandling"..it was wrong. The war was completely wrong..morally, ethically..any way you want to look at it. I'd hoped that it would introduce legislation that kept the United States from falling into the same trap..but it didn't. Iraq was just as big a crime..

Johnson and Nixon did.

There was no "mishandling"..it was wrong. The war was completely wrong..morally, ethically..any way you want to look at it. I'd hoped that it would introduce legislation that kept the United States from falling into the same trap..but it didn't. Iraq was just as big a crime..
Go tell that Bullshit to the Iraqi people who had to live under Sadaam's tyrannical regime....Go tell the Iraqi families who had their loved ones shoved into a still unknown number of mass Graves for simply speaking out against the regime......Go tell that to the millions of Iraqi's who were tearing down statues of Sadaam and partying their asses off in the streets after they realized he was finally nothing more than a bad memory.....Go tell it to the Iraqi's who will never have to live in a country ruled by Sadaam's even crazier sons....Go talk that bullshit to the Kurds.

We did the right thing!

Last edited:

Go tell that Bullshit to the Iraqi people who had to live under Sadaam's tyrannical regime....Got tell the Iraqi families who had their loved ones shoved into a still unknown number of mass Graves for simply speaking out against the regime......Go tell that to the millions of Iraqi's who were tearing down statues of Sadaam and partying their asses off in the streets after they realized he was finally nothing more than a bad memory.....Go tell it to the Iraqi's who will never have to live in a country ruled by Sadaam's even crazier sons....Go talk that bullshit to the Kurds.

We did the right thing!

^^^^^

DiamondDave,

DiamondDave,

I've been a fiscal conservative since Reagan was running up the debt and it wasn't popular to be fiscally conservative. Now that it's the in thing and everyone thinks their fiscally conservative, that doesn't mean they are and I'm not. I'm not radical about it like some tea partiers. In some cases, you have to put the fire out. Much of what Obama has spent money on has been necessary in my opinion. He inherited a nightmare economic situation. No one had answers that they were confident would work, so he had to try multiple things. You add that with a House led by Nancy Pelosi and you're going to get some spending that's less than ideal. In the end, I've followed Obama very closely and read Audacity of Hope. He's not a tax and spend liberal that he's painted to be. Over the next two years, maybe over the next 6 he'll get to prove it. I think he's a generally a centrist, with some left leans. Above all though he's pragmatic. A free-falling economy and a full bore Democratic Congress, led by the bluest of the blue, Pelosi, he was going to end up with some legislation that was let's just say not fiscally conservative. That will change going forward. He had to do some things to stave off disaster. Perhaps he wasn't a strong enough leader walking in the door to stand up to Pelosi more, but hey Kennedy had his challenges in the beginning too (see Khruschev)

BullShit.jpg

Johnson and Nixon did.

haight-hippie.jpg

Yep... you're an ignorant pre-programed leftist peacenick....

haight-hippie.jpg

Yep..and your ability demonstrate that you can logically argue or debate anything with facts just went down the toilet here.

Good on you.

My 4 worst list.
No one asked for a "worst list"..Start your own thread.
This is the problem with you libs. You cannot focus nor follow instructions.

My 4 worst list.
No one asked for a "worst list"..Start your own thread.
This is the problem with you libs. You cannot focus nor follow instructions.

Plus, its the typical liberal hippy, slanderous BS, and since when do they give a damn bout the Constitution LOL.

haight-hippie.jpg

Yep..and your ability demonstrate that you can logically argue or debate anything with facts just went down the toilet here.

Good on you.

This coming from the fucking idiot that says Reagan 'committed treason' as if it were fact...

You're a fucking winger troll, asshole

Forum List

Back