*Ships Insurance Should Be On The Hook*

Sorry bout that,

1. Then there is this.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
it is claimed that such a barge broke its moorings in a hurricane, broke through a levee and destroyed my city.

each barge is a corporation, with liability limited to the value of the barge.

i'm not sure a scrap metal barge can afford to rebuild a city of 1/2 million people.

perhaps the corporations which own and lease these things..............

The ship's owner was quick to act on its attempt to get off the hook. 10 days ago I came across this:

The owner of the ship has gone to court in attempt to invoke the Limitation of Liability Act of 1851. This would limit the company's exposure to the value of the vessel and freight. Their proposed $43 million is less than half the cost of the bridge's construction in 1977.

Article

The ship's owner was quick to act on its attempt to get off the hook. 10 days ago I came across this:

The owner of the ship has gone to court in attempt to invoke the Limitation of Liability Act of 1851. This would limit the company's exposure to the value of the vessel and freight. Their proposed $43 million is less than half the cost of the bridge's construction in 1977.

Article
legally he is probably correct.
i think the 1850 law may be superseded by ucc but that would not make much difference. this may also be governed by admiralty law, treaties, the laws of the state of registration and corporate charters,

at any rate, enough to keep this in court for a few days.

ever been to an admiralty court? we witnessed a collision on radar. on our way back to the ship, my capt, a tough old bird, told me "i am sure glad i was never the defendent in a case like that."

they are quite thorough. and there is no question of "intentions." or opinions. they deal in facts.

real world. the east coast is too densely populated to close down a major harbor and interstate system.

Yep, which is why they need to get out of Baltimore; it's not the 18th Century any more and it's way past time to upgrade.

Article

It will be in the policy the ship owner took out.

"daily chaos" do you have more "daily chaos than you did 4 years ago. and the "daily chaos was relatibely calm until trump 2024 launched.

and, by the way, trump had 4 years to see, declassify, and publish the facts on all of those events, including the legal responsibility to release the jfk files.

is that what he had at mar a lago?" lololololololol

All “chaos” has been launched by your deep state criminal participants with some enemy Countries involvement. Again, it is not clear what you’re babbling on about? Go get your tapioca cup you dumb OX. You want to play in this game you need to bring something to the table.

breaking lloyds of london would have slightly deleterious effects on the global economy. no doubt in my mond they will be declared "too big to fail."

now, please remind me of why the insurance companies are bailed out after every major disaster?
It won't come close to that. I'm sure the policy has a cap, it will pay to that.

All “chaos” has been launched by your deep state criminal participants with some enemy Countries involvement. Again, it is not clear what you’re babbling on about? Go get your tapioca cup you dumb OX. You want to play in this game you need to bring something to the table.
the " deep state " was led by "the best people" appointed by dear leader himself.

many were millionaires with the sprinkling of billionaires. what were they up to for 4 years?

who funds a deep state? why congress of course, in a bill signed donald j trump;.

no winger, trump can disavow the proud boys, but the failure to manage is resources is all on trump;.

Forum List

Back