Objecting to jihad, will liberals ever?

Using the premise of this thread, I guess all Christians are in agreement with those who wish America's government to become biblical based and kick out all atheists, muslims, etc. After all, if they aren't in agreement, why aren't they shutting down those theocratic madmen like Pat Robertson (who ran for President and is a multi-millionaire...why haven't Christians shut him down?)

Is Pat Robertson President? No? Then I guess he did get shut down.

Oh, and I guarantee you that if he started dispatching suicide bombers around the country Christians everywhere would denounce him.

Pat Robertson =/= Jihad but of course you already knew that.

No sir, I don't even believe most conservatives are Christians to begin with, and I certainly don't believe that the majority of those who ARE Christians are Christian extremists, so I certainly don't believe that the majority of conservatives want to turn anyone into Christian extremists.

I do. Even if they aren't "fanatics", they are all blindly partisan & will always vote down this party line. And as for whomever asserted that no xtian group tried to make this country into a theocracy... do you guys all have TOTAL amnesia when it comes to the bushco debacle? What group was it that got that turd elected and re-elected. It was the "values voters". Sheesh. Here, read this... it's interesting:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/American-Theocracy-Politics-Religion-Borrowed/dp/067003486X]Amazon.com: American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century (9780670034864): Kevin Phillips: Books[/ame]

Using the premise of this thread, I guess all Christians are in agreement with those who wish America's government to become biblical based and kick out all atheists, muslims, etc. After all, if they aren't in agreement, why aren't they shutting down those theocratic madmen like Pat Robertson (who ran for President and is a multi-millionaire...why haven't Christians shut him down?)

Oh, and I guarantee you that if he started dispatching suicide bombers around the country Christians everywhere would denounce him.

Pat Robertson would certainly equal Jihad if given the chance...and the FACT that he even ran for President and got some votes/signatures on a petition to be placed on the ballot shows that Christians are not shutting him down. Christians! Police your own if you want to be taken seriously!

No sir, I don't even believe most conservatives are Christians to begin with, and I certainly don't believe that the majority of those who ARE Christians are Christian extremists, so I certainly don't believe that the majority of conservatives want to turn anyone into Christian extremists.

I do. Even if they aren't "fanatics", they are all blindly partisan & will always vote down this party line. And as for whomever asserted that no xtian group tried to make this country into a theocracy... do you guys all have TOTAL amnesia when it comes to the bushco debacle? What group was it that got that turd elected and re-elected. It was the "values voters". Sheesh. Here, read this... it's interesting:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/American-Theocracy-Politics-Religion-Borrowed/dp/067003486X]Amazon.com: American Theocracy: The Peril and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century (9780670034864): Kevin Phillips: Books[/ame]

Christian President =/= theocracy. Surely you understand that concept? Hell Obama claims to be a Christian, so I guess he's a theocracy to under your misguided theory, oh so did Clinton before Bush, and Bush I before him, and Reagan before him, and oh you get the point..............

I say again, no Christians are calling to turn the US into a theocracy, in fact quite the opposite, most Christians don't want our religion being blamed for our government's continued failings, plus any thinking man understands that a Christian theocracy today could turn into a Muslim theocracy tomorrow and we don't want that, so just stay out of our church.

So it looks like they will not be objecting to Islam or jihad .

I reject all organized religion as manmade idiocy, as do most of my peers (and many that you consider "lefties"), so this is a moot statement.

Pat Robertson would certainly equal Jihad if given the chance...and the FACT that he even ran for President and got some votes/signatures on a petition to be placed on the ballot shows that Christians are not shutting him down. Christians! Police your own if you want to be taken seriously!

Are you seriously suggesting that Pat Robertson would encourage suicide bombers if he wasn't scared of being caught? And you want to talk about being taken seriously?

Islam dogma in everything liberals claim to hate about Christians.
But it is confirmed by scripture the final solution is right there its ,death,
You cant get that from the NT which over rules the OT.
So Islam calls 4 the death of gay folk
people who are not muslims ,
Anyone who disagrees with or objects to Islamic rules as being the rule of law.
When will those self proclaimed liberals stand up for western culture against Islam ,or is the real threat the jews?

I really want to know , there is no debate points on this.

Islam calls for your death if you are not a muslim or do not wish to live a a slave under Islamic law.

Islam calls for your death if you are not a muslim or do not wish to live a a slave under Islamic law.

When will you liberals fight against Islam ?

What in the hell are you babbling about?? What is it that liberals are doing that is so different from conservatives on this issue??? Huh???????

Christian President =/= theocracy

Who said it did? The book timelines the slide of the right to evangelical leanings during & up to the campaign and through the Bush years - starting with the redneck dixiecrats converting to republicanism - christian supported issues DID play a major role. You can't deny that. And they were a massive voting bloc for Bushco.

No where did it say we "had" a theocracy - only that the path we were on could lead us there. Read the summary.

Last edited:
Christian President =/= theocracy

Who said it did? The book timelines the slide of the right to evangelical leanings during the up to the campaign and through the Bush years - starting with the redneck dixiecrats converting to republicanism - christian supported issues DID play a major role. You can't deny that. And they were a massive voting bloc for Bushco.

No where did it say we "had" a theocracy - only that the path we were on could lead us there. Read the summary.

Sure Bush got the Christian vote (mostly) what are you advocating here? That Christians aren't permitted to vote b/c it might lead to a Christian President?

Sure Bush got the Christian vote (mostly) what are you advocating here? That Christians aren't permitted to vote b/c it might lead to a Christian President?

NO, Jeez. Do you have ANY reading comprehension skills? They voted for him en masse because they thought he would push through their fascist "moral majority" agenda, remember? They thought they had an ally in legislating morality at last, but he was to busy trying to figure out how to invade Iraq and make some money. And then came 9-11, which was his "in". He didn't give a damn about their agenda... he just wanted their vote.

The fact that you can even say this shows just how ignorant you are of the tenets of Islam.

According to Islam everyone is born a Muslim, do Christians make this claim? As a result of you being born a Muslim, you are automatically subject to Sharia Law, and are responsible for not offending it, even if you have never heard of it. This means that when a Muslim condemns those who kill innocent people in the name of Islam he is not talking about someone killing a child on the street with a bomb, he is only talking about proffessing Muslims who follow the dictates of Islam. Everyone else is guilty.

Keep believing Christians who want to turn the US into a theocracy are a greater threat if you want. Just remember, those Christians will be stopped by laws, Islam will not, because the only law for them is Islam.

And according to Judeo-Christian law, you should be put to death for wearing clothes made of 2 different fabrics.

The point is, a vast majority of Muslims in the world are not Quran literalists, any more than your average Christian follows the laws set down in Leviticus.

NO CHristian follows the laws set down in Leviticus because those laws were set aside when Jesus came to Earth. Nice try though.

So why do Christians hate the gays so much? The only biblical passage that admonishes homosexuality is in Leviticus.

NO, Jeez. Do you have ANY reading comprehension skills? They voted for him en masse because they thought he would push through their fascist "moral majority" agenda, remember? They thought they had an ally in legislating morality at last, but he was to busy trying to figure out how to invade Iraq and make some money. And then came 9-11, which was his "in". He didn't give a damn about their agenda... he just wanted their vote.

Well again, of course they voted for him thinking he would champion their causes, that's what everyone bases their votes on isn't?

As to your second point.

Please post the name of the last, first?, politician who actually gave a damn about anything but getting votes?

And according to Judeo-Christian law, you should be put to death for wearing clothes made of 2 different fabrics.

The point is, a vast majority of Muslims in the world are not Quran literalists, any more than your average Christian follows the laws set down in Leviticus.

I assume you are talking about Deut. 22:11 which prohibits the wearing of a garment of linen and wool woven together. I could give my opinion on what that really means, but it is far easier to simply point out that doing this did not necessitate a death penalty. That would make you wrong about this, as well as the rest of what you are saying.
I got my books mixed up. There are plenty of other examples I could quote as well, though.

You have no idea how many Muslims are actually reading the Quran literally, or any proof that the vast majority of them do not.
Neither do you.
But that is not what matters anyway, what matters are the ones who read the Quran as a license to kill.
That is true.
If only 0.01% of Muslims of the 1.5 billion Muslims in the world are willing to blow themselves up for Islam, that means there are 15,000,000 Muslims out there we need to find and eliminate. If you think that is simply a matter of making nice with Iran, then you are a fool.
When did I say anything about Iran? Your extrapolation of my statement is on you, not me.
My argument is only that it's pretty damn ignorant to think that all 1.5 billion Muslims out there are plotting against America. The OP asked when the "liberals" were going to object to Jihad. I've never heard a liberal support Jihad.

Well again, of course they voted for him thinking he would champion their causes, that's what everyone bases their votes on isn't?

As to your second point.

Please post the name of the last, first?, politician who actually gave a damn about anything but getting votes?

I don't hear the millions of so-called peaceful Christians condemning and shutting down violent Christians, hate-spewing Christians.

If we expect the millions of average Muslims to shut down the extremists, why shouldn't we expect the millions of average Christians to shut down the extremists?

When did I say anything about Iran? Your extrapolation of my statement is on you, not me.
My argument is only that it's pretty damn ignorant to think that all 1.5 billion Muslims out there are plotting against America. The OP asked when the "liberals" were going to object to Jihad. I've never heard a liberal support Jihad.

Really?

Obama's counterterror chief: jihad is "legitimate tenet of Islam" - Jihad Watch

I think I would rather be dead than a WOMAN under islamic law. I would rather kill my girls before they had to live under islamic law.

Soooooo, would it not be better to be about the work of utterly removing the moslem presence from North America NOW before differential birth rates make that impossible?

I think the idea of allowing ilsamic laws to exist here in the US is wrong. We have one law and that goes for muslims and non muslims. If they dont like it go than go to where that law does apply.

There is a difference between muslim presence and muslum law. I have no problem with them being here so long as they do not EVER try and make the US a muslim state or try an change our laws to accommodate islam.

How about this, want to ask the new miss America if she wants to go home. Do you really think her parading around in public in a swimsuit showing her hair would fly?

As to your second point.

I don't hear the millions of so-called peaceful Christians condemning and shutting down violent Christians, hate-spewing Christians.

If we expect the millions of average Muslims to shut down the extremists, why shouldn't we expect the millions of average Christians to shut down the extremists?

For the 8th time, post a link to one of these groups of violent, hate spewing Christians

Either post it or shut the fuck up

NO CHristian follows the laws set down in Leviticus because those laws were set aside when Jesus came to Earth. Nice try though.

So why do Christians hate the gays so much? The only biblical passage that admonishes homosexuality is in Leviticus.

'cause homosexuality transcends all laws...errr...sins.

I think I would rather be dead than a WOMAN under islamic law. I would rather kill my girls before they had to live under islamic law.

Soooooo, would it not be better to be about the work of utterly removing the moslem presence from North America NOW before differential birth rates make that impossible?

I think the idea of allowing ilsamic laws to exist here in the US is wrong. We have one law and that goes for muslims and non muslims. If they dont like it go than go to where that law does apply.

There is a difference between muslim presence and muslum law. I have no problem with them being here so long as they do not EVER try and make the US a muslim state or try an change our laws to accommodate islam.

How about this, want to ask the new miss America if she wants to go home. Do you really think her parading around in public in a swimsuit showing her hair would fly?

The Imam who is building this new mosque near ground zero in NYC has written books advocating Sharia law in the USA. So they are here, and they DO want to live by their own laws.

Um, no. Most people vote for what is best for their country, not an agenda. An evangelical theocracy ain't it.

Forum List

Back