US Intel Agency Wants To Ban Terms

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
The United States' top intelligence agency wants to ban its spies from using "biased language," including the terms "radical Islamists" and "jihadist," saying these words "are hurtful to Muslim-Americans and detrimentally impact our efforts as they bolster extremist rhetoric," according to a language guide published internally.

In addition to terms describing Islamic terrorists, ODNI instructs employees to avoid phrases such as "blacklisted," "cakewalk," "brown bag," "grandfathered," and "sanity check."

"Blacklisted," for instance, "implies black is bad and white is good," while "cakewalk" is said to refer "to a dance performed by slaves for slave owners on plantation grounds." "Brown bag," a term most often used to describe a paper bag that holds one's lunch, actually "refers to the 'brown bag' test practices in the 20th century within the African American community,"

Yep, sure wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of a jihadist or radical Islamist. What the hell, is this DEI on steroids.

US Intel Agency Wants To Ban Terms 'Radical Islamists' and 'Jihadist' Because They're Hurtful to Muslim Americans

The United States' top intelligence agency wants to ban its spies from using "biased language," including the terms "radical Islamists" and "jihadist," saying these words "are hurtful to Muslim-Americans

Are they hurtful to the radical Islamist, jihadist and terrorist communities?

The United States' top intelligence agency wants to ban its spies from using "biased language," including the terms "radical Islamists" and "jihadist," saying these words "are hurtful to Muslim-Americans and detrimentally impact our efforts as they bolster extremist rhetoric," according to a language guide published internally.

In addition to terms describing Islamic terrorists, ODNI instructs employees to avoid phrases such as "blacklisted," "cakewalk," "brown bag," "grandfathered," and "sanity check."

"Blacklisted," for instance, "implies black is bad and white is good," while "cakewalk" is said to refer "to a dance performed by slaves for slave owners on plantation grounds." "Brown bag," a term most often used to describe a paper bag that holds one's lunch, actually "refers to the 'brown bag' test practices in the 20th century within the African American community,"

Yep, sure wouldn't want to hurt the feelings of a jihadist or radical Islamist. What the hell, is this DEI on steroids.

US Intel Agency Wants To Ban Terms 'Radical Islamists' and 'Jihadist' Because They're Hurtful to Muslim Americans
I get darn tired of 'woke' idiots assuming the right to dictate what terms have to mean.

If 'radical islamists' and 'jihadist' is hurtful to Muslim Americans who aren't radical islamists or jihadists then using the term 'fascist' or "Nazi' to describe those of us who are not and have never been that is equally hurtful. But people capable of intelligence, critical thinking, logic, reason are not hurt by such terms but know that people who use them indiscriminately are just ignorant and stupid.

I refuse to believe any Muslim is automatically incapable of utilizing intelligence, critical thinking, logic and reason.

The fact is that radical islamist and jihadists exist. And it hurts nobody who isn't them by calling it as it is.

'Blacklisted' has been a perfectly good word with a specific definition that has nothing whatsoever to do with race. ethnicity, country/continent of origin anymore than the word 'whitewash' has anything to do with people of European descent.. The people who happen to have dark skin do not get exclusive rights to the word 'black'. It is a color that can be used to refer to a gazillion things most of which are not black people.

Brown bag to me is lunch placed in a brown bag that I took to school with me many times. I refuse to allow anybody to reassign the term to something other than that. A 'cakewalk' was a lovely custom back in the day used for fund raisers at church, community festivals and such. Everybody walked around a circle of numbers and when the music stopped they hoped the number drawn would be the number they were standing on and they would receive a cake as a prize. And because it was so easy for pretty much anybody to do it became synonymous with a pleasant ease of task.

I think of nothing else when I use the word and I refuse to stop using it as it currently is used in our common language just because some 'woke' imbecile demands to define it as they want it defined.

Our language belongs to all of us. And we should not allow the 'woke' Marxists to dictate to us what of our language we are and are not allowed or required to use.

More soft language to disguise reality.

CHina is going to win. Don't forget this.

Forum List

Back