Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
DL
The American Right wing calls themselves Christians, but actually follow a "mean" version of Christianity. Stomp on the poor, ignore the sick, pray for the wealthy. They are the opposite of traditional Christianity.

Jesus didn't seem to like sex with women very much.
As far as we know, Jesus remained celibate His entire lifetime.
Thats stupid.

No one gets accused of being a known unrepentant sinner for 'keeping company with prostitutes" because they were playing canasta.
I suppose you are a man who could not speak to a prostitute without sleeping with her?
Depends, is it free? :biggrin:

Thats stupid.

No one gets accused of being a known unrepentant sinner for 'keeping company with prostitutes" because they were playing canasta.
I suppose you are a man who could not speak to a prostitute without sleeping with her?
Depends, is it free? :biggrin:
lol.. Even in the first century it would have cost a few shekels.

Keeping company with prostitutes is a euphemism, a delicate way of saying something without stating the obvious...

I have seen spirits in the condition of both heaven and hell. I've seen Jesus, heard Father God's voice. And seen and talked with both angels and demons. Jesus suffered and died for the believer so that they would be in heaven with God, the angels, family and friends. So that their souls could be salvaged by Him and they could have a loving heart. And they don't wind up like a miserable, lying, deceiving devil in the afterlife. It's your choice buddy...don't say that no one told you. You are off to a good start, prepping yourself for the lies and deceit of hell, with hatred in your heart.

What is hateful are hypocrites who cannot argue a decent case for the evil Gods they follow and have to say the kind of B.S. you just put to deflect from an issue where you know you are following more of a Satan than a God.

Thanks for showing all here how you tuck tail and run.

Regards
DL
Why are you attacking Jesus? These are the things you do. And by these things, I know you. You do not show love in your heart for God. Nor do you show love in your heart for mankind. As Christians, we are to hate sin, and that is all. I fail to see you teach love, kindness and the ways of God. But instead, you lack understanding and spread hateful lies. I will not have a discussion with you about Jesus. You do not even know Him. He has no hatred in His heart for people. Jesus hates sin for He knows where it leads, but still loves the sinner. He is the sovereign ruler over all mankind and must punish the unrepentant and unbelieving sinner, for He is a righteous God. His heart weeps to see a person sin, disbelieve and fall. His heart fills with joy over the repentant sinner who believes. You should not spread slanderous lies about someone you do not even know.

Proverbs 10:18. Whoever conceals hatred with lying lips and spreads slander is a fool.

GOD hated Esau for what He did in the first earth age, so you cannot say Jesus does not hate. He taught love, but in order to teach love, one must know and understand hate. And Jesus is God in the flesh, so He hated Esau. And satan is condemned for all that he did, so he is hated as well.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Could you show me where in scripture that it says that God hated Esau? Jesus is the second person of the Holy Trinity. One of three persons in the one Godhead. It was not God the Father who was in the flesh. But Jesus, the Son of God...whom we often refer to as God.

You see with blind supernaturally clouded eyes if you cannot research your own bible. Constantine forced his early church to adopt that idiotic Trinity concept. Do some research instead of believing in an immoral Guy in the sky with three heads.

Here is how it is done.

Well, the reality is most Christians do buy into the trinity doctrine because of persecution of the early Gnostics and non-Trinitarians, and the religious councils were dissenters were forced to agree to a Trinitarian theology. Many Unitarian and Universalist theologies argue that when Jesus said he was the way, he meant that he was an example of how to live to be united/reunited with God. As for the name, God does give other names for himself including the Alpha and Omega, as well as some believe a name that should not be written (or even spoken I believe). Honestly, I think using the name I Am That I Am would just be confusing and convoluted, seriously. I seriously do not believe that it is a continuation of Gnostic/mystical/Unitarian suppression. Even the Gnostic and mystical traditions within Islam and Christianity do not tend to use that name, and among the 99 Names of Allah, I did not find that one. Also, many Rastafarians believe that the Holy Spirit lives in humans and will sometimes say I and I instead of we, yet they don't seem to use the name I Am for God/Jah either, so I really don't think it can be related to suppressing mystical and Gnostic interpretations. I think that originally oppressing those ideas and decreeing them heretical are quite enough, the early Church did such a good job that after the split many Protestant groups continued to condemn mystical and later Gnostic sects and theologies.

Yup, the bishops voted and it was settled for all time!!1 (Some say the preliminary votes were 150 something to 140 something in favor of the trinity)

But then Constantine stepped in: After a prolonged and inconclusive debate, the impatient Constantine intervened to force an end to the conflict by demanding the adoption of the creed. The vote was taken under threat of exile for any who did not support the decision favored by Constantine. (And later, they fully endorsed the trinity idea when it all happened again at the council of Constantinople in AD 381, where only Trinitarians were invited to attend. Surprise! They also managed to carry a vote in favor of the Trinity.)

http://home.pacific.net.au/~amaxwell/bdigest/bd12bbs.tx

Even a Trinitarian scholar admits the Earliest & Original beliefs were NOT Trinitarian!

The trinity formulation is a later corruption away from the earliest & original beliefs!

"It must be admitted by everyone who has the rudiments of an historical sense that the doctrine of the Trinity, as a doctrine, formed no part of the original message. St Paul knew it not, and would have been unable to understand the meaning of the terms used in the theological formula on which the Church ultimately agreed".

Dr. W R Matthews, Dean of St Paul's Cathedral, "God in Christian Thought and Experience", p.180

"In order to understand the doctrine of the Trinity it is necessary to understand that the doctrine is a development, and why it developed. ... It is a waste of time to attempt to read Trinitarian doctrine directly off the pages of the New Testament".

Hanson: "Reasonable Belief, A survey of the Christian Faith, p.171-173, 1980

The doctrine of the Trinity is not taught in the Old Testament.

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. XIV, p. 306.

"The formulation `One God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.... Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective"

New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. 14, p. 299.

"The formulation `One God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.... Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 1967, Vol. 14, p. 299).

"Fourth-century Trinitarianism did not reflect accurately early Christian teaching regarding the nature of God; it was, on the contrary a deviation from this teaching" (The Encyclopedia Americana, p. 1956, p. 2941).

Was Jesus God to Paul and other early Christians? No. . . . .

(Source: How the Bible became the Bible by Donald L. O'Dell - ISBN 0-7414-2993-4 Published by INFINITY Publishing.com)

Constantine's Victory Arch says it all.

http://www.simchajtv.com/movie-secrets-of-christianity-selling-christianity/

Regards
DL

He has no hatred in His heart for people. Jesus hates sin for He knows where it leads, but still loves the sinner.

Your God has condemned the vast majority to hell and you think that doing so is done out of love. What a fool.

Only hate could have Jesus sending most of us on that wide road to hell while only those on the narrow path end in heaven.

If that is your idea of love, it is easy to see why you adore a genocidal son murdering God.

Regards
DL
See the hatred in your heart. Jesus came down to die for our sins and to show us the way. All you have to do is follow Him.

Then I would have to ignore the truth and wisdom in these quotes and do as you do and try to immorally put my responsibilities onto an innocent man.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

You would not punish your good son instead of your evil one so what makes you think it ok for you to do what you would not do yourself?

You are either a hypocrite of a coward who puts his responsibilities on another.

Jesus said to pick up your cross/responsibilities and follow him and here you are ridding him as your scapegoat.

Who is more likely to ask for the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty, Satan or a God?

There is only one right choice and that is the Satan that you follow.

Regards
DL
I did not ask for Jesus to die for my sins. He did it of His own free will. It was required of God for our redemption. God has the authority to do such things. Who are we to question God's authority? Jesus is my hero. He is a King who died for His people.

You did not ask but the fact that you would try to take advantage and profit from the death of an innocent man by shedding your responsibility for your sins and add to his suffering shows that your morality is lacking.

Here are what your book says on this.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Ignore those my friend and end in the hell you believe in.

-------

You ask who we are to question.

Why?

I follow what your book of myths says while you seem not to.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

You are holding to what is evil.

Regards
DL

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Regards
DL
The American Right wing calls themselves Christians, but actually follow a "mean" version of Christianity. Stomp on the poor, ignore the sick, pray for the wealthy. They are the opposite of traditional Christianity.

That is the way it looks for sure.

Regards
DL

Which goes against Rabbinic traditions that stress that A Rabbi must be able to handle a family well before he can handles others.

You have not done much reading and it shows. I have noted that most idol worshipers are mentally lazy.

Regards
DL

GreatestIam,

You spend days going around the internet bashing God, Jesus and Christianity. If people were to listen to you, they are likely to be in hell. Your works are evil. And you call God vile, when it is you who are the wicked one. I pity your soul in the afterlife. I pray that Jesus does not put you in one of the darkest places of hell. Amen.

Both Christianity and Islam have basically developed into intolerant, homophobic and misogynous religions. Both religions have grown themselves by the sword instead of good deeds.

Jesus said we would know his people by their works and deeds. That means Jesus would not recognize Christians and Muslims as his people, and neither do I.

You ignore the vile morals of your genocidal son murdering God and run away anytime morals come up. Why?

Because you recognize that your God is closer to Satan than to any God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Remember the first century Judea and Israel had a civil war going on. Think of Jesus as Rome's Titus. Vespasian and then Titus came to squash the civil war. Think of Rome as Heaven and newly crowned Vespasian as Father.

Also remember Moses came down from the mount and had families kill each other , who ever was with him lived and whoever was against him died by his brother , father, etc and the sword. 3000 died that day.

Titus right hand man was Tiberius Alexander, a rich jew from Alexander.

Rome never interfered in an area unless there was upheaval.

Regards
DL

Since Jesus is God, and yes, God hated Esau because of what he did in the first earth age, then hate is extremely natural. However, GOD expects us to allow Him to take vengeance against those who try to hurt us, and only in war when we are being attacked should we lash out and be willing to kill the enemy. The difference between us and the enemy is that they hated us first.

Why Would God Say: “I Have Hated Esau…”

There are three interesting passages that parallel this question:

1. Genesis 29:31, 33—”And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb; but Rachel was barren…. And when she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, ‘Because the Lord hath heard that I was hated…’” (KJV).
  2. Malachi 1:2-3—The Lord speaking: “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau…” (NASB).
  3. Luke 14:26—Jesus is speaking: “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (NASB).
The Hebrew word used in the Genesis and Malachi passages is also the word we explored in Proverbs 6; it is the Hebrew word “sawnay” which is translated “hate.” Our problem revolves around the cultural Hebrew meaning of the word “hate.” If I say that I hate, for example, liver, it means that I intensely dislike it. But the word “hate” in the Hebrew can have more than one meaning.

As per the NKJV and NASB translations of Genesis 29:31, 33, the word “unloved” is used instead of “hate.” That is to say, not that you hate someone, but that you love someone more than another. Jacob loved both Leah and Rachel, but he loved Rachel more. To be chosen for special honor was to be loved. To be given a place of less importance, or honor, no matter how desirable, was to be hated/loved less.

The same can be said of the Malachi passage; God loved both Esau and Jacob, but He chose to give Jacob special status. All of this is confirmed in the New Testament: that this was the meaning of the Jewish term throughout history. In the Luke 14:26 passage, Jesus wasn’t telling us to dislike/hate our family and relatives. He wanted us to love one another with a sacrificial love—”A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another” (John 13:34).

The Greek word used in the Luke 14:26 passage is “miseho,” which can be translated as “hate,” “detest,” or “to love less.”

Bottom line: It is important that we give Jesus first place and first love in our lives; He is to be Number 1. No spouse, child, parent, relative, or friend is to come before our relationship and love for Jesus.

source: Why Would God Say: “I Have Hated Esau...” | John Ankerberg Show

So God is ok with lying and deceiving?
That is what he had Rebecca and Jacob do. Abraham and Isaac do, so why not Jacob.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Remember the first century Judea and Israel had a civil war going on. Think of Jesus as Rome's Titus. Vespasian and then Titus came to squash the civil war. Think of Rome as Heaven and newly crowned Vespasian as Father.

Also remember Moses came down from the mount and had families kill each other , who ever was with him lived and whoever was against him died by his brother , father, etc and the sword. 3000 died that day.

Eh. Thanks, but that was not the issue of the O.P.

You might move it to wherever you meant it to be.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild because Aaron had lost control—to the secret delight of their foes. 26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Its all relevant. You asked, I answered.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild because Aaron had lost control—to the secret delight of their foes. 26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Only if you show the relevance.

--------

Jesus is in the N.T. Not the O.T.

As to the O.T., it is a Jewish myth that is not literally believed.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:

Only if you show the relevance.

--------

Jesus is in the N.T. Not the O.T.

As to the O.T., it is a Jewish myth that is not literally believed.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

Regards
DL

Of course the exodus did not happen like in the OT, but one can't take the NT alone, because they used the OT to write the NT.

He is said to have had sex with Mary Mag ONCE. "Once" means he didn't like it, lol. Likely because Jesus was gay.
It is a sin for an unmarried man and woman to have sex. Jesus could not have had sex with Mary Magdalene. He would have been a sinner and could not be our Savior.

Regards
DL

Since Jesus is God, and yes, God hated Esau because of what he did in the first earth age, then hate is extremely natural. However, GOD expects us to allow Him to take vengeance against those who try to hurt us, and only in war when we are being attacked should we lash out and be willing to kill the enemy. The difference between us and the enemy is that they hated us first.

1. Genesis 29:31, 33—”And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb; but Rachel was barren…. And when she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, ‘Because the Lord hath heard that I was hated…’” (KJV).
  2. Malachi 1:2-3—The Lord speaking: “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau…” (NASB).
  3. Luke 14:26—Jesus is speaking: “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (NASB).
The Hebrew word used in the Genesis and Malachi passages is also the word we explored in Proverbs 6; it is the Hebrew word “sawnay” which is translated “hate.” Our problem revolves around the cultural Hebrew meaning of the word “hate.” If I say that I hate, for example, liver, it means that I intensely dislike it. But the word “hate” in the Hebrew can have more than one meaning.

As per the NKJV and NASB translations of Genesis 29:31, 33, the word “unloved” is used instead of “hate.” That is to say, not that you hate someone, but that you love someone more than another. Jacob loved both Leah and Rachel, but he loved Rachel more. To be chosen for special honor was to be loved. To be given a place of less importance, or honor, no matter how desirable, was to be hated/loved less.

The same can be said of the Malachi passage; God loved both Esau and Jacob, but He chose to give Jacob special status. All of this is confirmed in the New Testament: that this was the meaning of the Jewish term throughout history. In the Luke 14:26 passage, Jesus wasn’t telling us to dislike/hate our family and relatives. He wanted us to love one another with a sacrificial love—”A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another” (John 13:34).

The Greek word used in the Luke 14:26 passage is “miseho,” which can be translated as “hate,” “detest,” or “to love less.”

Bottom line: It is important that we give Jesus first place and first love in our lives; He is to be Number 1. No spouse, child, parent, relative, or friend is to come before our relationship and love for Jesus.

That is what he had Rebecca and Jacob do. Abraham and Isaac do, so why not Jacob.
For me to understand what you are talking about, you will have to provide scripture and make your point more clear.

Regards
DL

For me to understand what you are talking about, you will have to provide scripture and make your point more clear.

Have you not read the OT?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:

And the American government dropped two atomic bombs on Japan killing at least 129,000 people and ending the war. Was the American government righteous in doing so? And were we righteous in aiding the end of World War two? You hypocrites, who are you to judge God?

Regards
DL

Have you not read the OT?
Sources please.

Forum List

Back