Anyone here ever do the "Jesus Trail" tour in Israel?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If so, is there a specific company that offers it cheapest? Will need a bus tour ot something as my wife's knee is in bad shape.

Any information or feedback on the trail itself would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm lucky to get the hell off our 7 acre plot, let alone something like that.
Good luck in your quest for info...

I'd love to do it....but I've been in too many hot-spots to want to go asking for it.

Hot spots? Errr, I'd say Israel a pretty safe place. They already have a wall and Israel and the IDF don't fool around when it comes to security. Not many places in the world where a tourist is safer than Israel.

Besides, I don't live my life in fear of dirty, cowardly terrorists.

If so, is there a specific company that offers it cheapest? Will need a bus tour ot something as my wife's knee is in bad shape.

Thanks.
Yes. I have.

All the major Christian oriented tour agencies will take you to the church on Mt Olives at the Garden Gethsemane (Gat Shamenim in Hebrew), then to the Temple Mount by bus, where the Fortress Antonia is, the place where Jesus was tried, then along the Via Dolorosa, and the 12 stations of the cross, to one of the two presumed Golgotha's.

The Catholic Golgotha is within the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

The Protestant Golgotha is just outside the north gate of the old city, called The Garden Tomb. That's a much longer walk or else you need to take the bus.

So if you are Anglican make sure you get on the right tour.

And if you are Catholic (which it does not sound like you are -- we can tell these things) then you should already know what the 12 stations of the cross are.

Last edited:
I'd love to do it....but I've been in too many hot-spots to want to go asking for it.

Hot spots? Errr, I'd say Israel a pretty safe place. They already have a wall and Israel and the IDF don't fool around when it comes to security. Not many places in the world where a tourist is safer than Israel.

There are places in Israel which are safe, and other places where you dare not go.

Do not go to Nazareth nor to Hebron.

Stay out of Arab East Jerusalem.

Thanks.
Yes. I have.

All the major Christian oriented tour agencies will take you to the church on Mt Olives at the Garden Gethsemane (Gat Shamenim in Hebrew), then to the Temple Mount by bus, where the Fortress Antonia is, the place where Jesus was tried, then along the Via Dolorosa, and the 12 stations of the cross, to one of the two presumed Golgotha's.

The Protestant Golgotha is just outside the north gate of the old city, called The Garden Tomb. That's a much longer walk or else you need to take the bus.

And if you are Catholic (which it does not sound like you are -- we can tell these things) then you should already know what the 12 stations of the cross are.

LOL. How could you tell I am Anglican? I am, but my wife is Catholic :D

Thanks.
Yes. I have.

birds of a feather flock together ... good luck, the NRA is your friend.

Sorry, never done it .....but I would LOVE to do it.

Beyond words amazing!! :up:

Sorry, never done it .....but I would LOVE to do it.

Beyond words amazing!! :up:
Everyone should go and visit the home of their Gods, yes indeed.

How would They know if you care for them if you don't ??

Thanks.
Yes. I have.

O Canada is full of Brit immigrants.

Brits are Anglican. National religion. Required.

On the outside chance you might be Catholic I added the part about the Church Of The Holy Sepulcher. You will want to take your wife to it. Helena the mother of Constantine The Great designated it as the true Golgotha. Catholics, Armenians, and Eastern Orthodox worship there. No other valid justification for it being there however.

More likely is the Anglican Communion's "Garden Tomb" outside the Damascus Gate on the north side of the Old City of Jerusalem, towards the left (northwest), just across the street from the great wall of the city and half a block up the avenue there.

You can't miss it.

Twelve stations of the cross is Sun Worship...The sun in the sky moving through months of the year or the constellations...One must wonder how guliable one can be to not see the obvious...

Twelve stations of the cross is Sun Worship...The sun in the sky moving through months of the year or the constellations...One must wonder how guliable one can be to not see the obvious...
My mistake.

There are 14 stations of the cross -- since 1731 AD.

Guess I got 12 from the 12 tribes of Israel.

Now what was that again about 12 ... ???

Stations of the Cross - Wikipedia

I guess they figured a way to make some extra " coin" by adding two more..There is a book written in 1584 by Adrichomius which mentions twelve...It was pope Clement that fixed it at 14 at a later date but I still stand by my premise as the current 12 th station Jesus " dies" on the cross which matches the " Death" of the sun in the sky on December 21 or 22 Nd in some places( which happens to be the winter solstice as it stops moving ) only to start moving again when it is " reserected" three days later on the 24th or 25 th(matching the claimed time in the tomb)So even if you claim other " " stations" it still matches the movement of the Sun in the sky So it is blatant SUN/son worship even though it is hidden or the average person cannot figure it out..

There are places in Israel which are safe, and other places where you dare not go.

Not go to Nazareth?

Why?

Nazareth is a safe place to visit. People and kind and there is no risk there.

Some of you have been watching too much tv.

I look at a place like Israel as visiting someplace in Europe, with it's history, foods and the like, but I suspect there is alot more security around. I would be willing to bet that the chances of me being attacked by terrorists in Europe is far greater than in Israel. This is a nation that is not naive to the risks and they have dealt with it since inception.

Not go to Nazareth?

Why?

Nazareth is a safe place to visit. People and kind and there is no risk there.

Because Roman letters to it's soldiers to build the city dated 90ad show Nazareth did not yet exist. Nazarene meant Guardian not Nazarite (person from Nazareth).
The character was supposed to be from Capernaum not Nazareth. (IF only those preachers and evangelists would read their own fictional accounts.)

Capernaum sources:
hometown liken to Soddom:
Matthew 4:13
Matthew 11:23
Matthew 17:24
Mark 1:21,2:1 etc

Forum List

Back