Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
DL

Remember the first century Judea and Israel had a civil war going on. Think of Jesus as Rome's Titus. Vespasian and then Titus came to squash the civil war. Think of Rome as Heaven and newly crowned Vespasian as Father.

Also remember Moses came down from the mount and had families kill each other , who ever was with him lived and whoever was against him died by his brother , father, etc and the sword. 3000 died that day.

Titus right hand man was Tiberius Alexander, a rich jew from Alexander.

Rome never interfered in an area unless there was upheaval.

Eh. Thanks, but that was not the issue of the O.P.

You might move it to wherever you meant it to be.

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild because Aaron had lost control—to the secret delight of their foes. 26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

Its all relevant. You asked, I answered.

Only if you show the relevance.

--------

Jesus is in the N.T. Not the O.T.

As to the O.T., it is a Jewish myth that is not literally believed.

RaceandHistory.com - Doubting the Story of Exodus

Regards
DL

Of course the exodus did not happen like in the OT, but one can't take the NT alone, because they used the OT to write the NT.

Many do as they see it as a new covenant but I agree that one relates back to the other. Not the way Christians think but they do.

I still do not see how this relates to the O.P. or the issue of hate.

Regards
DL

Jesus didn't seem to like sex with women very much.
As far as we know, Jesus remained celibate His entire lifetime.
He is said to have had sex with Mary Mag ONCE. "Once" means he didn't like it, lol. Likely because Jesus was gay.
It is a sin for an unmarried man and woman to have sex. Jesus could not have had sex with Mary Magdalene. He would have been a sinner and could not be our Savior.

Google Jesus and wife and see that your view is just one of many and likely wrong because of Jewish Rabbinic traditions of being married before being respected as a Rabbi.

Then again, do not let facts screw up your assumptions.

Regards
DL

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Regards
DL

Since Jesus is God, and yes, God hated Esau because of what he did in the first earth age, then hate is extremely natural. However, GOD expects us to allow Him to take vengeance against those who try to hurt us, and only in war when we are being attacked should we lash out and be willing to kill the enemy. The difference between us and the enemy is that they hated us first.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Why Would God Say: “I Have Hated Esau…”

There are three interesting passages that parallel this question:

1. Genesis 29:31, 33—”And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb; but Rachel was barren…. And when she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, ‘Because the Lord hath heard that I was hated…’” (KJV).
  2. Malachi 1:2-3—The Lord speaking: “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau…” (NASB).
  3. Luke 14:26—Jesus is speaking: “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (NASB).
The Hebrew word used in the Genesis and Malachi passages is also the word we explored in Proverbs 6; it is the Hebrew word “sawnay” which is translated “hate.” Our problem revolves around the cultural Hebrew meaning of the word “hate.” If I say that I hate, for example, liver, it means that I intensely dislike it. But the word “hate” in the Hebrew can have more than one meaning.

As per the NKJV and NASB translations of Genesis 29:31, 33, the word “unloved” is used instead of “hate.” That is to say, not that you hate someone, but that you love someone more than another. Jacob loved both Leah and Rachel, but he loved Rachel more. To be chosen for special honor was to be loved. To be given a place of less importance, or honor, no matter how desirable, was to be hated/loved less.

The same can be said of the Malachi passage; God loved both Esau and Jacob, but He chose to give Jacob special status. All of this is confirmed in the New Testament: that this was the meaning of the Jewish term throughout history. In the Luke 14:26 passage, Jesus wasn’t telling us to dislike/hate our family and relatives. He wanted us to love one another with a sacrificial love—”A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another” (John 13:34).

The Greek word used in the Luke 14:26 passage is “miseho,” which can be translated as “hate,” “detest,” or “to love less.”

Bottom line: It is important that we give Jesus first place and first love in our lives; He is to be Number 1. No spouse, child, parent, relative, or friend is to come before our relationship and love for Jesus.

source: Why Would God Say: “I Have Hated Esau...” | John Ankerberg Show

So God is ok with lying and deceiving?
That is what he had Rebecca and Jacob do. Abraham and Isaac do, so why not Jacob.
For me to understand what you are talking about, you will have to provide scripture and make your point more clear.

Will these do?

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
1Kings 22:23

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
2 Chron 18:22

Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.

Jer 4:10

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
Ezekiel 14:9

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.
Thessalonians 2:11

O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived. - Jeremiah 20:7

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

That pesky God sure works in mysterious ways.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Remember the first century Judea and Israel had a civil war going on. Think of Jesus as Rome's Titus. Vespasian and then Titus came to squash the civil war. Think of Rome as Heaven and newly crowned Vespasian as Father.

Also remember Moses came down from the mount and had families kill each other , who ever was with him lived and whoever was against him died by his brother , father, etc and the sword. 3000 died that day.

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:
25 Moses saw that the people were running wild because Aaron had lost control—to the secret delight of their foes. 26 Moses stood at the gate of the camp and shouted, “Whoever is for the Lord, come to me!” All the then rallied to him, 27 and he told them, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel: Each of you put your sword on your hip! Go back and forth through the camp, from gate to gate, and kill your brothers, your friends, your neighbors!” 28 The Levites did as Moses had commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people fell. 29 Then Moses said, “Today you are installed as priests for the Lord, for you went against your own sons and brothers, to bring a blessing upon yourselves this day.”

And the American government dropped two atomic bombs on Japan killing at least 129,000 people and ending the war. Was the American government righteous in doing so? And were we righteous in aiding the end of World War two? You hypocrites, who are you to judge God?

You have judged your genocidal son murdering God to be good haven't you?

So what is wrong with others judging God and deciding that a genocidal son murdering God is evil?

Seems that you want to judge and do, while telling others they are wrong to do what you have done just because they have reached a more moral conclusion.

That is what I would call hypocritical and quite immoral as it goes against the Golden Rule of reciprocity.

Stop telling people to not judge God while you are doing just that.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:

--------

Regards
DL

Of course the exodus did not happen like in the OT, but one can't take the NT alone, because they used the OT to write the NT.

Many do as they see it as a new covenant but I agree that one relates back to the other. Not the way Christians think but they do.

Regards
DL

I am trying to explain it to you, Jesus is the depicted as the new Moses in this verse, but of course he is not.

Since Jesus is God, and yes, God hated Esau because of what he did in the first earth age, then hate is extremely natural. However, GOD expects us to allow Him to take vengeance against those who try to hurt us, and only in war when we are being attacked should we lash out and be willing to kill the enemy. The difference between us and the enemy is that they hated us first.

1. Genesis 29:31, 33—”And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb; but Rachel was barren…. And when she conceived again, and bore a son; and said, ‘Because the Lord hath heard that I was hated…’” (KJV).
  2. Malachi 1:2-3—The Lord speaking: “Yet I have loved Jacob; but I have hated Esau…” (NASB).
  3. Luke 14:26—Jesus is speaking: “If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple” (NASB).
The Hebrew word used in the Genesis and Malachi passages is also the word we explored in Proverbs 6; it is the Hebrew word “sawnay” which is translated “hate.” Our problem revolves around the cultural Hebrew meaning of the word “hate.” If I say that I hate, for example, liver, it means that I intensely dislike it. But the word “hate” in the Hebrew can have more than one meaning.

As per the NKJV and NASB translations of Genesis 29:31, 33, the word “unloved” is used instead of “hate.” That is to say, not that you hate someone, but that you love someone more than another. Jacob loved both Leah and Rachel, but he loved Rachel more. To be chosen for special honor was to be loved. To be given a place of less importance, or honor, no matter how desirable, was to be hated/loved less.

The same can be said of the Malachi passage; God loved both Esau and Jacob, but He chose to give Jacob special status. All of this is confirmed in the New Testament: that this was the meaning of the Jewish term throughout history. In the Luke 14:26 passage, Jesus wasn’t telling us to dislike/hate our family and relatives. He wanted us to love one another with a sacrificial love—”A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another” (John 13:34).

The Greek word used in the Luke 14:26 passage is “miseho,” which can be translated as “hate,” “detest,” or “to love less.”

Bottom line: It is important that we give Jesus first place and first love in our lives; He is to be Number 1. No spouse, child, parent, relative, or friend is to come before our relationship and love for Jesus.

That is what he had Rebecca and Jacob do. Abraham and Isaac do, so why not Jacob.
For me to understand what you are talking about, you will have to provide scripture and make your point more clear.

Have you not read the OT?
Sources please.

The book of Genesis.

Regards
DL

Will these do?

Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.

And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

To me, God’s worse lie was to Adam and Eve. He told them they could eat of the tree of life and then reneged and in a real sense murdered them by denying them a remedy.

Regards
DL
It is not that God Himself is deceiving anyone. He is not a devil. It is that He is allowing them to be deceived. You fail to understand and know God. You cannot understand a loving God with hatred in your heart. Such is your downfall.

Last edited:

Regards
DL
Exodus 32:

--------

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I am trying to explain it to you, Jesus is the depicted as the new Moses in this verse, but of course he is not.

Understood, and I agree.

Regards
DL

Will these do?

Regards
DL
It is not that God Himself is deceiving anyone. He is not a devil. It is that He is allowing them to be deceived. You fail to understand and know God. You cannot understand a loving God with hatred in your heart. Such is your downfall.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Let us test your view of what God is.

Who is more likely to ask for the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty and call that justice? A God or a Devil?

Who is more likely to use genocide? A God or a Devil?

Regards
DL

He is said to have had sex with Mary Mag ONCE. "Once" means he didn't like it, lol. Likely because Jesus was gay.
It is a sin for an unmarried man and woman to have sex. Jesus could not have had sex with Mary Magdalene. He would have been a sinner and could not be our Savior.

Google Jesus and wife and see that your view is just one of many and likely wrong because of Jewish Rabbinic traditions of being married before being respected as a Rabbi.

Regards
DL
So Mary having a baby that wasn't Joseph's was wrong. Got it.

Will these do?

Regards
DL

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Test all things; hold fast what is good.

Let us test your view of what God is.

Who is more likely to ask for the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty and call that justice? A God or a Devil?

Who is more likely to use genocide? A God or a Devil?

Regards
DL
Satan has no authority to punish sin. He can only lie, deceive, and destroy. You are one of his minions. You should know. Your work is evil. And goes against God's plans of salvation. It's Satan and his minions that destroy more lives. God offers grace and salvation through Jesus Christ. Satan and his minions have nothing to offer other than spiritual death, darkness, and ruins.

Regards
DL
It was through the Holy Spirit that Mary was conceived. It was an act of God and not carnal. It was a blessing to both Mary and Joseph and not a sin.

Regards
DL
It was through the Holy Spirit that Mary was conceived. It was an act of God and not carnal. It was a blessing to both Mary and Joseph and not a sin.
So she was impregnated by an invisible being? Brah, are you serious?

Regards
DL

Huh?

I did not even talk to that issue?

But to your comment, do you think it right that God should covet another man's wife, cuckold Joseph, and produce a chimera half breed son and then ignoring his responsibility as a father and becoming a deadbeat dad?

Do you think it moral to plan on being a deadbeat dad?

Would you recommend to your son to do that?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Holy spook or not. it is a sin for God to covet another man's wife.

Read my lengthier reply just above.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Huh?

I did not even talk to that issue?

But to your comment, do you think it right that God should covet another man's wife, cuckold Joseph, and produce a chimera half breed son and then ignoring his responsibility as a father and becoming a deadbeat dad?

Do you think it moral to plan on being a deadbeat dad?

Would you recommend to your son to do that?

Regards
DL
Joseph probably was fucking Mary in the ass and some cum dribbled into her snatch. It's always the simplest answer.

Gen 25:34 reason God hated esau.
Gen 36:8 Esau is Edom which later becomes Russia
Malachi 1:3 God declares his hate for Esau, Edom, Russia. Many
Reasons for why Esau has let God down
Rm 9:13 Stated
Heb 11:20 Esau s blessing was in fact a cursing, whereas his land
Is beyond the Sam latitude that Canada is and thus very short growing season.
Heb 12:16 Esau 's perversion is to show no respect for his
Birthright

Thanks all.

Regards
DL
Gen 25:34 reason God hated esau.
Gen 36:8 Esau is Edom which later becomes Russia
Malachi 1:3 God declares his hate for Esau, Edom, Russia. Many
Reasons for why Esau has let God down
Rm 9:13 Stated
Heb 11:20 Esau s blessing was in fact a cursing, whereas his land
Is beyond the Sam latitude that Canada is and thus very short growing season.
Heb 12:16 Esau 's perversion is to show no respect for his
Birthright

Esau was hated in the womb before being able to do what you see him doing after being born.

To hate someone in the womb takes one sick mind.

Regards
DL

GreatestIam,

You spend days going around the internet bashing God, Jesus and Christianity. If people were to listen to you, they are likely to be in hell. Your works are evil. And you call God vile, when it is you who are the wicked one. I pity your soul in the afterlife. I pray that Jesus does not put you in one of the darkest places of hell. Amen.

Though we know that being separated from God would be hell for us, it is the knowledge that they will be destroyed forever and ever that really is the burn.

GreatestIam,

You spend days going around the internet bashing God, Jesus and Christianity. If people were to listen to you, they are likely to be in hell. Your works are evil. And you call God vile, when it is you who are the wicked one. I pity your soul in the afterlife. I pray that Jesus does not put you in one of the darkest places of hell. Amen.

Though we know that being separated from God would be hell for us, it is the knowledge that they will be destroyed forever and ever that really is the burn.

I guess that your love of hate would have you join those who did not like the truth this preacher told.

Shame on you for hating so much that you think you can stay happily in heaven when most of your friends and family are roasting below you. I guess that like your God, you will like the smell of burning human fat, like other dysfunctional Christians will.

Do not listen to the truth.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back