If you were on Trump's defense team and you were going to try to.........

.........show the jury why Michael Cohen's testimony might be motivated by revenge, not fact, would you enter this in to evidence?

Judge finds Michael Cohen's return to prison 'retaliatory,' orders his release

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

Cohen should be released by 2 p.m. Friday, the judge said.

Cohen's lawyers said during a telephone hearing that prison officials violated his constitutional right of free expression on July 9 by ending his home confinement and returning him to the federal penitentiary in Otisville, New York, after the longtime Trump fixer and confidant said a book about his experiences working closely with the president would be published in the fall.

In a statement, Cohen's lawyer Danya Perry called the order "a victory for the First Amendment," adding, "We appreciate the Judge’s ruling confirming that the government cannot block Mr. Cohen from publishing a book critical of the president as a condition of his release to home confinement."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...return-prison-retaliatory-orders-his-n1234712

Hmmmmmmm, I don't think I would. If I were Todd Blanche I would steer clear of it.

OTOH, if I worked for the DNC I might consider including it in a campaign ad calling out the kinds of abuses or power Trump engaged in while prez. Especially seeing as he is promising to do things that are much worse if he gets re-elected.

OMG Is Trump president now??? How did I miss that?!

1. There is no felony
2. No felony was specified in the indictment
3. No felony was specified in the Bill of Particulars
4. Can NY prosecute a Federal Election Law? (No, even if one was broken)

Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.

And trying to defend Trump on the grounds that the law is being twisted, is laughable in the extreme. What goes around comes around.

Trump bent his DOJ into pretzels trying to prosecute Clinton, Biden and Obama and failed utterly. This is karma of the best kind.

Saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.
And trying to defend Trump on the grounds that the law is being twisted, is laughable in the extreme. What goes around comes around.
Trump bent his DOJ into pretzels trying to prosecute Clinton, Biden and Obama and failed utterly. This is karma of the best kind.
Thanks for NOT specifying what the secret crime is that turns the bookkeeping crime into a felony.
Partisan talking points don't matter.

Legal experts far more experienced than this hack AG and shit judge said there's no crime here. Stick that up your Dem ass with a hot poker you corrupt rat bastards.

Thanks for NOT specifying what the secret crime is that turns the bookkeeping crime into a felony.
None is required in a banana republic. One by one Democrats are making every American strength a laughing stock. Government, intelligence, law enforcements, now the courts and the law all corrupted by the Dem cancer.

There is little point in analyzing the bogus New York case against Donald Trump from a legal perspective because, of course, it’s not a legal matter. It’s a political matter. It’s a kangaroo court, an attempt to railroad a political opponent to keep him from winning the election against the desiccated, treacherous, corrupt old pervert whom he’s currently pummeling in the polls. But the legal realities are catching up to the people seeking to frame him. This isn’t a case. It’s a scam. A lie. A sham. And a disgrace, not that anything can be a disgrace in a system so free of any moral or ethical considerations.

Legal experts far more experienced than this hack AG and shit judge said there's no crime here. Stick that up your Dem ass with a hot poker you corrupt rat bastards.

Political Crimes -

He beat Hilliary, it was her turn damn it, she got screwed by Barack Hussein, a feat only other accomplished by Webster Hubbell and Huma Abedin.

Then he worked against the Constant Washington Class for 4 years, to do the people's business.

These are unforgivable crimes.

No idea, maybe they have tried and the judge dismissed it, maybe they are going for another angle.

Either way, the fact that they don’t doesn’t mean the theory is incorrect. I’m simply reading the law, and the information available at the moment.
I’m simply reading the law, and the information available at the moment.
IOW talking out of your ass.

Did you not read our first 137 posts setting out what the underlying crime was???? The underlying crimes involved illegal campaign contributions being used to pay cover up stories about Trump and to promote lies about his opposition.

The stuff that David Pecker, and the National Enquirer staff testified to. The moneys paid to the doorman, Karen McDougall, and Stormy Daniels are proof of the conspiracy.

You should try following the trial and the evidence on an outlet that isn't owned by billionaires, controlled by China, or allowing unfettered propaganda from China, Russia and/or Iran on the platform.

If YOU really paid attention to the trial, instead of parotting the GOP lies about the trial, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Did you not read our first 137 posts setting out what the underlying crime was???? The underlying crimes involved illegal campaign contributions being used to pay cover up stories about Trump and to promote lies about his opposition.

The stuff that David Pecker, and the National Enquirer staff testified to. The moneys paid to the doorman, Karen McDougall, and Stormy Daniels are proof of the conspiracy.

You should try following the trial and the evidence on an outlet that isn't owned by billionaires, controlled by China, or allowing unfettered propaganda from China, Russia and/or Iran on the platform.

If YOU really paid attention to the trial, instead of parotting the GOP lies about the trial, you wouldn't be asking this question.

Nope

.........show the jury why Michael Cohen's testimony might be motivated by revenge, not fact, would you enter this in to evidence?

Judge finds Michael Cohen's return to prison 'retaliatory,' orders his release

A federal judge on Thursday ordered the release of Michael Cohen to home confinement, agreeing with his lawyers that he was wrongly sent back to prison after making public statements critical of President Donald Trump.

Cohen should be released by 2 p.m. Friday, the judge said.

Cohen's lawyers said during a telephone hearing that prison officials violated his constitutional right of free expression on July 9 by ending his home confinement and returning him to the federal penitentiary in Otisville, New York, after the longtime Trump fixer and confidant said a book about his experiences working closely with the president would be published in the fall.

In a statement, Cohen's lawyer Danya Perry called the order "a victory for the First Amendment," adding, "We appreciate the Judge’s ruling confirming that the government cannot block Mr. Cohen from publishing a book critical of the president as a condition of his release to home confinement."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...return-prison-retaliatory-orders-his-n1234712

Hmmmmmmm, I don't think I would. If I were Todd Blanche I would steer clear of it.

OTOH, if I worked for the DNC I might consider including it in a campaign ad calling out the kinds of abuses or power Trump engaged in while prez. Especially seeing as he is promising to do things that are much worse if he gets re-elected.
Every prosecutor has used convicted "soldiers" to bring down a mob boss. Just ask Rudy Giuliani.

As insiders, the soldiers are the only ones who can reveal how the mob operation works.

Juries understand this.

Last edited:

Giuliani assigned federal prosecutor Michael Chertoff to take the Commission case to trial. The government called 207 witnesses. Giuliani arranged for his star witnesses, Cleveland Mob underboss Angelo Lonardo, to testify, then the highest-ranking mobster to agree to serve as a witness. The case brought to light the Concrete Club, a scheme where Castellano and other mobsters demanded and received kickbacks on the cost of cement for building projects in New York in exchange for peace from Mob-controlled labor unions. In November 1986, the mobster defendants – including family leaders Salerno, Persico and Corallo – were convicted in the 21-count indictment and made to serve sentences of 40 to 100 years in prison, a crippling blow to the decades-old New York Mafia.

Standard operating procedure for prosecutors.

Forum List

Back