Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

[
]
Says a stupid one.

If you care to discuss Christian morals, just to see who the stupid one, and more importantly the moral one between us is.

Care to engage? if so, let's look at Jesus' no divorce policy or his substitutionary atonement policy.

Regards
DL

God hates evil. It is good for all mankind to hate evil. Jesus brought opposition to evil into the world, thus man by his free will and choice fulfill his words:

Thanks for this.

Are you really suggesting that people did not oppose evil before Jesus popped up?

Regards
DL

God hates evil. It is good for all mankind to hate evil. Jesus brought opposition to evil into the world, thus man by his free will and choice fulfill his words:

Matthew 10:34-39
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Some will choose to follow the Lord at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents, and some will choose to follow evil at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents. But with God, the first and greatest commandment is to love him and follow him even above the traditions of your family. Simply by teaching that salvation cometh by Jesus and following the Lord's commandments, this will run contrary to the traditions of men and the newly formed norms of society. Family members will oppose one another and take either the side of the Lord and his goodness or the devil and his evil ways. There is always opposition and the choice is before all mankind. By preaching the truth a sword is brought between those who want to follow evil and those who love the Lord.

By preaching the truth a sword is brought between those who want to follow evil and those who love the Lord

ah haaaaa!

The sword is a proverbial sword.....???

. But with God, the first and greatest commandment is to love him and follow him even above the traditions of your family.

Can you love one you do not know?

Can you be commanded to love?

Love takes two does it not or do you think you can love alone?

How can you follow an absentee god let alone love one?

I recognize that those question you cannot really answer but I hope you gain from the little thought you will likely give them.

Regards
DL

That's just one of hundreds of contradictions in the bible. However....

I suspect Jesus was referring to having strong principles and convictions in life. Those verses have long been misinterpreted that he was recommending war and division. He's actually talking about having integrity and having a backbone, in my opinion. I could be wrong though, since we don't know if Jesus even said those things considering the 50-70 year gap between his time on Earth and the time the first word was written about him.

I agree that we cannot know what if anything Jesus said as he likely did not exist in the way the bible shows he existed.

I have been running this for a bit and it astounds me as to how no Christian has yet to recognize that Jesus and that saying represent the twin edged sword.

So much for the so called knowledge of the Christian apologists.

Regards
DL

My personal opinion:

Jesus was created by a Roman Emperor to control the weak minded individual. Jesus had to become a divine being so he could be above the Emperor of Rome and the real Jesus if real was a Jewish Rabbi that was a hippie and not some divine being.

More of a Karaite Rabbi, as they put man above God the way we Gnostic Christians do, and I guess that he could have been seen as a hippy.

I do not think it was so much for the weak minded. They were no threat to Rome. More for the strong minded who were powerful enough to keep the weak minded in line by giving their strong minded power.

To a state, control of the strong is a lot more important than control of the weak.

Regards
DL

Thanks for this.

Are you really suggesting that people did not oppose evil before Jesus popped up?

Regards
DL

Not exactly what I was suggesting. Although Jesus is the God of the Old Testament and did bring goodness into the world but also gave man his free agency to choose between good and evil, I am suggesting that evil has its opposite and by merely teaching goodness and that man should choose God above family and friends who oppose God, a sword of opposition is brought between the two opposites.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Some will choose to follow the Lord at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents, and some will choose to follow evil at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents. But with God, the first and greatest commandment is to love him and follow him even above the traditions of your family. Simply by teaching that salvation cometh by Jesus and following the Lord's commandments, this will run contrary to the traditions of men and the newly formed norms of society. Family members will oppose one another and take either the side of the Lord and his goodness or the devil and his evil ways. There is always opposition and the choice is before all mankind. By preaching the truth a sword is brought between those who want to follow evil and those who love the Lord.

By preaching the truth a sword is brought between those who want to follow evil and those who love the Lord

ah haaaaa!

Yes a proverbial sword in a way but also can lead to an actual sword when evil is taken too far in its opposition to goodness.

. But with God, the first and greatest commandment is to love him and follow him even above the traditions of your family.

I recognize that those question you cannot really answer but I hope you gain from the little thought you will likely give them.

Regards
DL

I don't think you can love one whom you don't know. Thus it is essential that you come to know God.

Yes, you can be commanded to do just about anything. God does not give commandments that cannot be fulfilled. He knows you better than you know yourself. There are many who love wickedness more than righteousness. Certainly if you can love wickedness, then you can love goodness and God is the source of all goodness. He is easy to love.

You only need to open your heart to Him to see all the goodness and love that He has to offer. Without God there could no good thing come into this world. You can't see love yet we all know that it exists. Believe me, you are not alone. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you.

God is not absent. His scriptures tell you how you can know him. He has said, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you." There are many of us on earth who have truly tasted of his love and know in our hearts that he is near. Just because you don't see him with your eyes, does not mean that he is absent. He loves you. If ye seek after him he will let you know by the power of the Holy Ghost that he is near you. Doubt not but be believing.

ah haaaaa!

Yes a proverbial sword in a way but also can lead to an actual sword when evil is taken too far in its opposition to goodness.

The sword is a curse under the appearance of a cup of wine.

"Take from my hand this cup of fiery wine and make all the nations to whom I send you drink it. When they have drunk it they will vomit and go mad; such is the sword that I am sending among them." Jeremiah 25:15

:wine:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
DL

"Thus far, the spirits of truth and perversity have been struggling in the heart of man. Men have walked both in wisdom and folly. If a man casts his portion with the truth, he does righteously and hates perversity; if he casts it with perversity, he does wickedly and abominates truth."

dead sea scrolls, manual of discipline.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Regards
DL
Jesus just knew that that is the way it would be. Jesus loves everyone. It is evil that God dislikes.

Yes, I hate some things.

I hate fascist religion and mindless following of mindless shit.

Indeed. Free thinkers do not like those who have gone into intellectual and moral dissonance.

We recognize that blind faith produces dissonant minds and we think those a waste of a life.

Regards
DL

Thanks for this.

Regards
DL

Not exactly what I was suggesting. Although Jesus is the God of the Old Testament and did bring goodness into the world but also gave man his free agency to choose between good and evil, I am suggesting that evil has its opposite and by merely teaching goodness and that man should choose God above family and friends who oppose God, a sword of opposition is brought between the two opposites.

Yahweh is the God of the O. T., not Jesus.

The name Jesus does not appear in the O.T.

And to suggest there was no goodness in the world before Jesus popped up is ridiculous.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

I don't think you can love one whom you don't know. Thus it is essential that you come to know God.

Yes, you can be commanded to do just about anything. God does not give commandments that cannot be fulfilled. He knows you better than you know yourself. There are many who love wickedness more than righteousness. Certainly if you can love wickedness, then you can love goodness and God is the source of all goodness. He is easy to love.

You only need to open your heart to Him to see all the goodness and love that He has to offer. Without God there could no good thing come into this world. You can't see love yet we all know that it exists. Believe me, you are not alone. Seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened to you.

God is not absent. His scriptures tell you how you can know him. He has said, "Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you." There are many of us on earth who have truly tasted of his love and know in our hearts that he is near. Just because you don't see him with your eyes, does not mean that he is absent. He loves you. If ye seek after him he will let you know by the power of the Holy Ghost that he is near you. Doubt not but be believing.

Thanks for sharing your delusions on your absentee God.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

"Thus far, the spirits of truth and perversity have been struggling in the heart of man. Men have walked both in wisdom and folly. If a man casts his portion with the truth, he does righteously and hates perversity; if he casts it with perversity, he does wickedly and abominates truth."

dead sea scrolls, manual of discipline.

I see no answer to the question here.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Jesus just knew that that is the way it would be. Jesus loves everyone. It is evil that God dislikes.

Yet it is the sinner and not the sin that ends in hell, --- so it seems that you have Jesus sending those he says he loved to death, --- while he, if he was the loving God you claim he is, would cure instead of kill. Right?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back