Jesus seems to hate some things. Do you? Is hate good?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Did Jesus hate and is hate thus a good character trait?

Regards
DL

That's just one of hundreds of contradictions in the bible. However....

I suspect Jesus was referring to having strong principles and convictions in life. Those verses have long been misinterpreted that he was recommending war and division. He's actually talking about having integrity and having a backbone, in my opinion. I could be wrong though, since we don't know if Jesus even said those things considering the 50-70 year gap between his time on Earth and the time the first word was written about him.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Jesus seems to be saying that he is promoting division and war with a number of his sayings that pit father against son and brother against brother.

Jesus advocated division, war and hate; even as some think he preached to love our enemies.

Regards
DL
Not again !?

Regards
DL
spam and troll.

To the iggy list with you then !!

it's about the end times, when He returns.... when the time ''is right'', God pulls back His protection... releases the antichrist from the abyss, and allows evil to come to its full force among men, (except for those who hold tight to the Word...) there will be brother against brother, mother against daughter and a delusion will be believed by those who were considered the religious because they never truly believed and followed Christ's ways in the first place...

Anyway, when Christ returns it will be with a sword
and all the evil people will basically be rounded up and thrown in to the Lake of Fire! Amen!

And we live happily ever after! well....for 2000 years or maybe it's 1000 years?....then there is Gog and Magog....

to be continued....

:D

I suspect Jesus was referring to having strong principles and convictions in life. Those verses have long been misinterpreted that he was recommending war and division. He's actually talking about having integrity and having a backbone, in my opinion. I could be wrong though, since we don't know if Jesus even said those things considering the 50-70 year gap between his time on Earth and the time the first word was written about him.
Many contradictions mean that it's not from an all-knowing god.

Regards
DL
spam and troll.

I see that you can't counter his arguments with logic and reason.

Regards
DL
Jesus does hate most people (the majority of people are hell-bound, bound for brutal torture, because non-Christians make up about 71% of the world's population.) But if Jesus would be as loving as Scientific Humanists then he'd have changed that scheme in the last 2000 years. But we forgive Jesus, as we want to be the most forgiving belief system.

If Jesus was smart he'd have said before most speeches "write this down.....". Instead, it got handed down VERBALLY - lost, mistranslated, embellished, added to, forgotten, etc., etc. But I guess he's not as smart as we are.

Yes, it does. God doesn't make contradictions. Why? Because he's God.

PS: God didn't write the Bible...just an FYI.

He didn't write the Bible because he's not actually real.

He didn't write the Bible because he's not actually real.

lol, yes. We are on the same page here.

Many contradictions is an excuse used by satanists in their useless war with God. Good luck, Satan has already lost.

If Jesus was smart he'd have said before most speeches "write this down.....". Instead, it got handed down VERBALLY - lost, mistranslated, embellished, added to, forgotten, etc., etc. But I guess he's not as smart as we are.
Says a stupid one.

God hates evil. It is good for all mankind to hate evil. Jesus brought opposition to evil into the world, thus man by his free will and choice fulfill his words:

Matthew 10:34-39
34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
36 And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
38 And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Some will choose to follow the Lord at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents, and some will choose to follow evil at the rebellion of the traditions of their parents. But with God, the first and greatest commandment is to love him and follow him even above the traditions of your family. Simply by teaching that salvation cometh by Jesus and following the Lord's commandments, this will run contrary to the traditions of men and the newly formed norms of society. Family members will oppose one another and take either the side of the Lord and his goodness or the devil and his evil ways. There is always opposition and the choice is before all mankind. By preaching the truth a sword is brought between those who want to follow evil and those who love the Lord.

Last edited:

I agree that we cannot know what if anything Jesus said as he likely did not exist in the way the bible shows he existed.

I have been running this for a bit and it astounds me as to how no Christian has yet to recognize that Jesus and that saying represent the twin edged sword.

So much for the so called knowledge of the Christian apologists.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
spam and troll.

I see that you can't counter his arguments with logic and reason.

He likely thinks like Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

Many Christians follow those sayings as they are not good at using logic and reason.

After all, they believe in talking serpents and donkeys.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
Jesus does hate most people (the majority of people are hell-bound, bound for brutal torture, because non-Christians make up about 71% of the world's population.) But if Jesus would be as loving as Scientific Humanists then he'd have changed that scheme in the last 2000 years. But we forgive Jesus, as we want to be the most forgiving belief system.

I tend to agree with your view on Jesus.

Strange that Christians would rather see him as the one who sends sinners to hell or death instead of having Jesus take the moral high ground and cure the afflicted instead of his taking the satanic moral low ground and killing when he could cur.

No wonder Christians are so conflicted.

Regards
DL

I agree that we cannot know what if anything Jesus said as he likely did not exist in the way the bible shows he existed.

I have been running this for a bit and it astounds me as to how no Christian has yet to recognize that Jesus and that saying represent the twin edged sword.

So much for the so called knowledge of the Christian apologists.

Regards
DL

My personal opinion:

Jesus was created by a Roman Emperor to control the weak minded individual. Jesus had to become a divine being so he could be above the Emperor of Rome and the real Jesus if real was a Jewish Rabbi that was a hippie and not some divine being.

Actually, I think Jesus was a Karaite Jew who followed the oral tradition because he could not write.

That Jesus also preached that man is above God just as the Karaites and us Gnostic Christians do.

That is another of the issues you never see discussed.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back