ESPN Is Trying To Make The NFL Politically Correct

He bad-mouthed Obama. That's it. He was gone practically over-night. They took a few weeks to fire that dick-head that was making racist statements about RG3. I guess the complaints about it got too much for them to justify keeping him. I'm sure they would have overlooked it otherwise. After all, it's not like Jimmy The Greek commenting on how in the South the Massas used to breed blacks.

BTW, Rush said that the media had a tendency to heap praise on some QBs because they were black. He felt that ESPN was engaged in some sort of social experiment. How dare he say such a thing.

Williams analogized Obama to Hitler. That's stupid and offensive. Except to right wing wackos maybe.

Limbaugh said that Donovan McNabb wasn't as good as people thought but the media rooted for him because he's black. Again, stupid. And unsubstantiated.

How many comentators have compared Bush to Hitler and kept their jobs on MSNBC? Harry Reid called him a deragatory term on the Senate floor. The Obama campaign called Romney a murderer.

Fail

Rush said McNabb wasn't as good as advertized and he eventually proved to be prophetic.

Epic Fail

MSNBC = news
ESPN = sports

See the difference? You really want to comb through what Fox commentators have said about Obama?

McNabb was a Pro Bowl QB who went to the Super Bowl. Saying he's overrated is not the same as saying the media is rooting for him because he's black. That should be obvious.

Conservatives whining that life isn't fair is irony defined.

Last edited:

Awww, don't like your crazy being proven wrong? :lol:

If he's white, Christian, and openly praises God he's a target

Except, you know, every other white and Christian player who openly prays to God.

but Tebow invented "Tebowing"

Well color me stunned. I could have sworn that was Montana.

and what's worse he grew up home-schooled so the libs figure nailing that self-righteos SOB is the thing to do. Bastard is taking food out of the mouths of teacher's unions and the coffers of the Democrat Party.

Unhinged.jpg

:eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
Well, they taught him how to be a man and a decent human-being so cut em some slack.

He doesn't get paid for that shit, it's the minimum we should expect from all males above age 18. HE GETS PAID FOR THROWING THE DAMN FOOTBALL.

Do you expect preferential treatment for Tebow because of his religious beliefs?

So, whether or not a Christian can perform the duties required by the job, he should be maintained as an employee because he loves Jesus?

That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
Tebow's skills as a qb are below average. As a fellow christian while I appreciate his reverance for God, I surely see his major major downfalls in the ability to get the job done. Pretty easy to see.

Tebow's skills as a qb are below average. As a fellow christian while I appreciate his reverance for God, I surely see his major major downfalls in the ability to get the job done. Pretty easy to see.

He won NFL games more times than not. That's pretty much the point of playing. It shouldn't matter how you win, just that you win. He took a 1-4 team to the playoffs.

The point is he doesn't deserve to be booted out just because liberals don't like him personally.

Well, they taught him how to be a man and a decent human-being so cut em some slack.

He doesn't get paid for that shit, it's the minimum we should expect from all males above age 18. HE GETS PAID FOR THROWING THE DAMN FOOTBALL.

Do you expect preferential treatment for Tebow because of his religious beliefs?

So, whether or not a Christian can perform the duties required by the job, he should be maintained as an employee because he loves Jesus?

That's ridiculous.

You expect his parents to teach him all of the ins and outs of playing Pro-Football?

His parent's jobs are to teach him what is important in life not to throw a tight spiral.

When it comes to learning the game sometimes it takes a few years. Not all QBs that come into the league start the first year. He did pretty good when he did however.

It's like the way you looneys constantly say folks don't like Obama cuz he's black. Well, two can play that game.

Awww, don't like your crazy being proven wrong? :lol:

If he's white, Christian, and openly praises God he's a target

Except, you know, every other white and Christian player who openly prays to God.

but Tebow invented "Tebowing"

Well color me stunned. I could have sworn that was Montana.

and what's worse he grew up home-schooled so the libs figure nailing that self-righteos SOB is the thing to do. Bastard is taking food out of the mouths of teacher's unions and the coffers of the Democrat Party.

Unhinged.jpg

:eusa_boohoo:

You can't tell when someone is joking.......but with any good joke there is always some truth involved.

Williams analogized Obama to Hitler. That's stupid and offensive. Except to right wing wackos maybe.

Limbaugh said that Donovan McNabb wasn't as good as people thought but the media rooted for him because he's black. Again, stupid. And unsubstantiated.

How many comentators have compared Bush to Hitler and kept their jobs on MSNBC? Harry Reid called him a deragatory term on the Senate floor. The Obama campaign called Romney a murderer.

Fail

Rush said McNabb wasn't as good as advertized and he eventually proved to be prophetic.

Epic Fail

MSNBC = news
ESPN = sports

See the difference? You really want to comb through what Fox commentators have said about Obama?

McNabb was a Pro Bowl QB who went to the Super Bowl. Saying he's overrated is not the same as saying the media is rooting for him because he's black. That should be obvious.

McNabb never won the Super Bowl. That puts him back with every QB that went to the Super Bowl but didn't win. That puts him back with these guys:

Fran Tarkanton
Billy Kilmer
Joe Kapp
Earl Morrell
Craig Morton
Vince Ferragamo
David Woodley
Tony Eason
Stan Humpfries
Drew Bledsoe

You say it's okay for members of Congress and the Obama campaign to call Romney every name in the book, to accuse him of murder, to say for months on end that he's a tax-evader, and you say it's okay for Ed Schultz and every liberal that wants a job in Hollywood that Bush and Cheney are evil bastards that murdered millions and all of them still have their jobs after years of this crapola. As a matter of fact they all got better gigs because they bad-mouthed Bush.

But Hank Williams Jr says one little itty bitty thing off air about Obama and he gets shafted?

I don't see how you can reconcile that unless you believe in double-standards.

Last edited:

Fail

Epic Fail

MSNBC = news
ESPN = sports

McNabb never won the Super Bowl. That puts him back with every QB that went to the Super Bowl but didn't win. That puts him back with these guys:

Fran Tarkanton
Billy Kilmer
Joe Kapp
Earl Morrell
Craig Morton
Vince Ferragamo
David Woodley
Tony Eason
Stan Humpfries
Drew Bledsoe

Totally misses the point.

Rush said the media was rooting for him because he was black. Sports fans can debate all day whether or not a QB is over or underrated. Limbaugh injected race into the discussion with no basis other than his opinion. It had nothing to do with sports. It had everything to do with his perception of race and the media. So he was asked to leave.

Not hard to understand.

You say it's okay for members of Congress and the Obama campaign to call Romney every name in the book, to accuse him of murder, to say for months on end that he's a tax-evader, and you say it's okay for Ed Schultz and every liberal that wants a job in Hollywood that Bush and Cheney are evil bastards that murdered millions and all of them still have their jobs after years of this crapola. As a matter of fact they all got better gigs because they bad-mouthed Bush.

But Hank Williams Jr says one little itty bitty thing off air about Obama and he gets shafted?

:rolleyes:

Aarrghh!

Those are political people. And it cuts both ways. The right-wing media did the same to Obama. Obama is a communist. Obama is a fascist. Blah, blah, blah. But that's politics.

ESPN is not FoxNews or MSNBC. Article15 is right. If you can't see the glaring, obvious difference between ESPN and cable news channels, you are way, way, way too biased to see the world objectively.

MSNBC = news
ESPN = sports

Fran Tarkanton
Billy Kilmer
Joe Kapp
Earl Morrell
Craig Morton
Vince Ferragamo
David Woodley
Tony Eason
Stan Humpfries
Drew Bledsoe

Rush said the media was rooting for him because he was black. Sports fans can debate all day whether or not a QB is over or underrated. Limbaugh injected race into the discussion with no basis other than his opinion. It had nothing to do with sports. It had everything to do with his perception of race and the media. So he was asked to leave.

Not hard to understand.

So why is ESPN and Sunday Night Football on NBC okay with politics now....but it wasn't okay then?

Aarrghh!

Those are political people. And it cuts both ways. The right-wing media did the same to Obama. Obama is a communist. Obama is a fascist. Blah, blah, blah. But that's politics.

ESPN is not FoxNews or MSNBC. Article15 is right. If you can't see the glaring, obvious difference between ESPN and cable news channels, you are way, way, way too biased to see the world objectively.

Sorry, but I've been trying to get you to understand that the media in all of it's forms are going political. Politics is invading Comedy Central, HBO, you name the station and the left which controls it has injected politics. Even the NFL is wearing pink during breast-cancer awareness month. Remember Bob Costas going off about guns?

Of course you don't.

We're supposed to ignore the constant subtext of politics being thrown at us 24/7.

Last edited:

Fran Tarkanton
Billy Kilmer
Joe Kapp
Earl Morrell
Craig Morton
Vince Ferragamo
David Woodley
Tony Eason
Stan Humpfries
Drew Bledsoe

Not hard to understand.

So why is ESPN and Sunday Night Football on NBC okay with politics now....but it wasn't okay then?

Aarrghh!

Sorry, but I've been trying to get you to understand that the media in all of it's forms are going political. Politics is invading Comedy Central, HBO, you name the station and the left which controls it has injected politics. Even the NFL is wearing pink during breast-cancer awareness month. Remember Bob Costas going off about guns?

Of course you don't.

We're supposed to ignore the constant subtext of politics being thrown at us 24/7.

Costas was a fucktard for reading that anti-gun rant. That shouldn't be in a football broadcast. I'm with you there.

On the other hand, how the hell is breast cancer awareness some kind of leftist agenda? WTF, conservatives don't care about breast cancer? Pink is a leftist color, it has nothing to do with women? That's just ridiculousness.

Fran Tarkanton
Billy Kilmer
Joe Kapp
Earl Morrell
Craig Morton
Vince Ferragamo
David Woodley
Tony Eason
Stan Humpfries
Drew Bledsoe

Not hard to understand.

Aarrghh!

Of course you don't.

This thread is no longer bordering on the surreal. It has flown right over the edge.

Not hard to understand.

Aarrghh!

Of course you don't.

Costas was a fucktard for reading that anti-gun rant. That shouldn't be in a football broadcast. I'm with you there.

On the other hand, how the hell is breast cancer awareness some kind of leftist agenda? WTF, conservatives don't care about breast cancer? Pink is a leftist color, it has nothing to do with women? That's just ridiculousness.

Calm down.

Jesus.

Not that I have a problem with it mind you, I'm simply pointing out this fact to you. If you want to claim that there is no politics in sports you need to pay closer attention. Wearing pink was a form of solidarity for Breast-cancer awareness. If you don't think that's political I think you're blind.

I don't have any problem with 300 lb football players wearing pink. They can wear dresses if they want. I'm sure by the time ESPN gets done with them they might as well be.

Last edited:

Not hard to understand.

Aarrghh!

Of course you don't.

This thread is no longer bordering on the surreal. It has flown right over the edge.

I think you're overreacting.

Let me offer you a tissue.

Forum List

Back