Do not be surprised if the NFL is not around 10 to 15 years from now.Here is why.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
You know i would be surprised if the NFL was still around 10 years from now or so the way they have made it clear to the fans they do not care about them,that it is all about the money.Ratings have fallen at an all time low this year and they are trying to brush it off that it is because it is an election year.BS.what will they say next year when it gets even worse?

the NFL has become a joke first by letting the patriots get away with scandal after scandal and going unpunished for it year after year,THEN to their stupidity,they allow the Niners to move into santa clara where the new stadium is a complete dump,candlestick was much nicer and they have priced the fans out of the game not even allowing long time season ticket holders to renew their season tickets because they have catered to the rich and wealthy who are fair weather fans that dont support them when they lose as they did at candlestick.the NFL really botched that one major big time.:rolleyes::up_yours: NFL screwing the diehard loyal fans in SF.

So mainly because of those two reasons,NFL ratings are at an all time low which they were actually started on a decline even before all this by bringing in those stupid thursday night prime time games that nobody,the fans OR the players likes.:rolleyes:

NOW by being stupid enough to allow the Chargers to leave SD for LA something i NEVER thought they would follow through on and allow even though they did give them that option,this goes down as the second most stupid and asinine thing the NFL ever allowed to happen next to letting the Rams leave LA in the first place.

the NFL is going to become an even bigger joke starting next year. san diego was a great market for the NFL when the Chargers were winning and Phillip Rivers was in his prime. even with the Chargers being a really bad team the last couple of years on the field they STILL got a couple of prime time thursday night games.Had they not been playing in a nice market and a beautiful city like san diego though,they never would have got more than one prime time thursday night game,the minimum required for all teams,they would have had just that minimum had it been another city such as cleveland or what have you.

If the NFL does not get their act together and make the chargers turn back,this will be the fall and decline of the NFL eventually. I am not so sure that even had the chargers STAYED,the NFL would not be here ten years from now cause letting the Niners move to santa clara and price out all the loyal fans that supported them when they were horrible for so long and packed them in at candlestick which WAS a much nicer stadium than crapfest Levi,that has already hurt the NFL.

they are going through the same thing the Rams did when they were in st louis,having half empty stadiums with the majority of fans being from the opposing team and anybody thinks that winning will change anything for them,you are clueless because the blue collar workers have priced out of going to these games and the rich who do go are far weather fans who dont stay for the whole game because they are only interested in doing business deals rather than watch the game so they leave at halftime and dont come back. while at a bar watching a Rams game this year.

I saw on the opposite wall a tv set showing a Niners home game and even the announcers remarked how they had many more fans from the opposing team at that game then there were Niners. At candlestick unless it was a year where the Niners were horrible and the Raiders while in Oakland were great, or same thing when the Rams were in LA of course,that NEVER happened in SF.

such a sad state the NFL has become putting new stadiums ahead of the fans and history and tradition.FUCK the NFL.:fu:

Last year was the first superbowl I missed and will never watch another one the NFL is such a joke.Because of that I have been buying old games from YESTERYEAR on the net and watch them thoughout the whole year and during football season as well.Reminds me of a time once when the NFL was not corrupt as it is now and more innocent times where the owners did not put stadiums first and foremost over the fans.:mad:

with the chargers being in LA now that is one more reason I dont see the raiders getting approved for vegas.the timing could not be worse for them to move now after this debacle but i dont put anything past the NFL and their stupidity.

Last edited:
candlestick was much nicer

I never thought I'd ever see that particular sentiment stated.

Maybe it's just because I froze my ass right off in the summertime watching the Giants with the hot dog wrappers swirling about in the winds and then pissing into those stinky troughs after drinking too much beer with my shoes in what seemed to be about an inch of piss, but could anything really be worse than the stick?

candlestick was much nicer

I never thought I'd ever see that particular sentiment stated.

Maybe it's just because I froze my ass right off in the summertime watching the Giants with the hot dog wrappers swirling about in the winds and then pissing into those stinky troughs after drinking too much beer with my shoes in what seemed to be about an inch of piss, but could anything really be worse than the stick?

yep,its MUCH worse than the stick by leaps and bounds.a total dump.lol

Has anyone actually GONE to a game in the last twenty years? 3-4 minutes of commercials ever few plays do what to the game?
A REF stands there and hold the ball looking at his watch for what seems like 10 minutes?

3-4 hours later (and $200 lighter) you have seen about 60, 5 second plays (10 meaningful plays if lucky?). The rest of the time is dead time or un-piling millionaires or waiting on Commercials to end.

I don't know.......it seems better on TV at home on couch? Remote during commercials. Even better............watch the RedZone channel. See only the good plays from EVERY game.

Follow the money..........TV will keep it going somehow......someway. Candlestick had "re-stricted view" walk up late tickets. ~1/3 of field hidden. LOL. bottom middle in pic.

th.jpg

I did hear the RED seats were big mistake. So hot on the Sun side of field no one can stay in seats. I also heard.........you don't buy just a Season Ticket, you also buy "PSL" personal seat licence for about $10K. Then you pay ticket price for the season. Which Truck driver paid that? $8 hot dog? WTH? 2-3 hour traffic jam to get down from SF. Yep.......they got all new fans I would suspect.

The Roadshow column cites information fed by an unnamed "South Bay city official" who pegs prices for parking passes at the new 49ers stadium "in the $40 to $50 range."

It's currently between $30 to $35 to park at 49ers and Raiders games.

I did hear the RED seats were big mistake. So hot on the Sun side of field no one can stay in seats. I also heard.........you don't buy just a Season Ticket, you also buy "PSL" personal seat licence for about $10K. Then you pay ticket price for the season. Which Truck driver paid that? $8 hot dog? WTH? 2-3 hour traffic jam to get down from SF. Yep.......they got all new fans I would suspect.

The Roadshow column cites information fed by an unnamed "South Bay city official" who pegs prices for parking passes at the new 49ers stadium "in the $40 to $50 range."

for Raider games I can believe that.for Niner games I dont believe that for a second,has to be in the hundreds.

The mothers of America will kill football when they don't let their teenaged sons play the game

I think an unwatchable 49er team is killing them

The mothers of America will kill football when they don't let their teenaged sons play the game

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

uhh........excuse me sir. I know they tried to "clean it up" but still....many are crushed, bent, hammered, tweaked, broken etc. by steroid stuffed maniacs. The "defenseless" receiver or blind-side hit on any QB can be very brutal. Often intentional attempt to harm IMVHO. I am unsure on the Derrick Carr hit. Did the TENN lineman have to "crush the ankles"?

Would you want your 18yr old 178lb wideout going up against some 25 yr old 252lb JuCo transfer across the middle? The crowd roars.........then bring the stretcher. Yes, they are headed the right direction.

I was thinking to bet AGAINST Aaron Rodgers this next game because of that late hit he took. He is older........could be sore. Look at his wideout, busted ribs.

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

uhh........excuse me sir. I know they tried to "clean it up" but still....many are crushed, bent, hammered, tweaked, broken etc. by steroid stuffed maniacs. The "defenseless" receiver or blind-side hit on any QB can be very brutal. Often intentional attempt to harm IMVHO. I am unsure on the Derrick Carr hit. Did the TENN lineman have to "crush the ankles"?

Would you want your 18yr old 178lb wideout going up against some 25 yr old 252lb JuCo transfer across the middle? The crowd roars.........then bring the stretcher. Yes, they are headed the right direction.

I was thinking to bet AGAINST Aaron Rodgers this next game because of that late hit he took. He is older........could be sore. Look at his wideout, busted ribs.

It's a rough sport. Increasing concern for and monitoring of athlete safety is admirable, but such sports will never be for wusses.

It seems that some people don't understand why MEN (and sometimes women) are drawn to combat sports, or what their significance is to society.

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

When even Bo Jackson says he wouldn't let his sons play football and numerous football players agree, the days of serious football are numbered
When kids are kept out of Pop Warner and HS Football, the supply of talent will dry up

If mothers don't kill football, the insurance companies will as schools can't afford the insurance

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

When even Bo Jackson says he wouldn't let his sons play football and numerous football players agree, the days of serious football are numbered
When kids are kept out of Pop Warner and HS Football, the supply of talent will dry up

If mothers don't kill football, the insurance companies will as schools can't afford the insurance

Your faith in pussification is zealous.

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

You have obviously been in some cocoon for the last decade

CTE is the word of the day. Players are retiring in their early twenties because of concussions. Doesn't make them pussies, just pragmatic

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

CTE is the word of the day. Players are retiring in their early twenties because of concussions. Doesn't make them pussies, just pragmatic

Football is not going away. Sorry. More and better concern for player safety is great, but the sport is not going away.

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

Football is not going away. Sorry. More and better concern for player safety is great, but the sport is not going away.

Not near term

But as fear of CTE continues, more and more parents will keep their sons out of football. In an effort to make the game "safer" the sport will be watered down to the point it becomes glorified touch football

*bzzzzt*! Wrong

BZzzzzzzzz! Wrong

Not near term

But as fear of CTE continues, more and more parents will keep their sons out of football. In an effort to make the game "safer" the sport will be watered down to the point it becomes glorified touch football

Not going to happen.

Forum List

Back