Fantasy League Championship For 2014 Is In The Books

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
cmc923-lg.jpg

I had 4 teams this year and only one team made it to the playoffs. My team, GameOfThrones Starks ended the season with a record of 8-6. 10-6 including the playoffs.

This year there were so many injuries and off the field issues it was difficult to field a decent roster. The owner with the best record (12-2) did it with the same core guys all season including LeSean McCoy, and the help of a resurgence from Tom Brady and a bit of luck and foresight when he nabbed Le'Veon Bell, who last year was pretty much a bust. This year he was fighting for first place in the rushing title. He also drafted Gronk (Rob Gronkowski) and was lucky he didn't get injured like the last two years. I was able to draft Jimmy Graham, who had a really bad season. He was the only starter I drafted.

I picked up Odell Beckam Jr. of of waivers and he helped me win the championship. 6 TDs in two games.

I've been playing fantasy league for 10 years. I've won the championship the last two years. Last year was easier. This year I had to do it coming from behind. I kept having guys go down on me and had to find replacements. I let the computor draft my team this year ...just to see what would happen and it really hosed me, drafting duds like Robert Griffin III, Trent Richardson, Zac Stacy, and Ray Rice. I was really behind the power-curve early in the season.

The final score was 84.74 - 84.22. Going into last nights game between Denver and Cincy I was behind by 24 points and I had 3 players AJ Green, CJ Anderson, and Denver's kicker Connar Barth left to play ... and my opponent had none left. It looked like I was going to lose when AJ Green got hurt early in the game and he produced nothing. I won it with less than 2 minutes left in the game with a long catch and run from CJ Anderson. I was sweating bullets last night for sure.

My second season I finished with a tie during the championship and lost on a tie-breaker. That one really hurt because a last minute fumble brought me back into a tie with the owner I lost to.

Now I know how Al Gore felt.

I had one team, Bulldawg Nation in a 14 team champions league. Went 9-4 in regular season, 11-4 including playoffs. Went 1-4 through week 5. From week 6 on, I went on an 8 game winning streak, 10 counting the playoffs to win it. Final score in the championship game was 90 - 70 against the #1 seed, who was 11-2 in the regular season. I have been playing in my league since 2007, had 6 straight losing seasons until now. A worst to first season.

My team consisted of Tom Brady, Matt Forte, Jordy Nelson, Ahmad Bradshaw, (until his season ending injury), Antonio Gates, Michael Crabtree (who I later dropped), a late season add of Denard Robinson (until he got injured), a Dolphins D/ST who filled in okay for a terrible Bengals D/ST I drafted, and Mason Crosby as my kicker. I scoured the waivers to help fill in the voids left by Terrance Williams and James Jones, Chris Johnson and Dexter McCluster when they all turned into busts (with the exception of Stevan Ridley, who suffered a season ending knee injury) after I drafted them.

A good game by Antonio Gates started me off on a strong note, who caught 7 for 97, and 2 TD's versus the 49ers, scoring 21 total points, which made up for a mediocre day by Brady. My opponent had Dwayne Allen, DeMarco Murray, Tre Mason, and Steven Hauschka left to play by the 5 o'clock hour. I had a slim lead and was convinced that losing was a reality. In a stroke of luck however, Dwayne Allen scored nothing, the Cowboys blew out the Colts and DeMarco Murray was benched early with 11 points, Tre Mason scored 13, while Steven Hauschka went 0/3 on FG and making all of his extra points, scoring a meager 2 points.

Now I know how the 1991 Braves felt.

My final roster:

Tom Brady - QB
Matt Forte - RB
Jordy Nelson - WR
Antonio Gates - TE
Latavius Murray - RB (Flex)
Charles Johnson - WR (Flex)
Dolphins D/ST - D/ST
Mason Crosby - K

Last edited:
I had one team, Bulldawg Nation in a 14 team champions league. Went 9-4 in regular season, 11-4 including playoffs. Went 1-4 through week 5. From week 6 on, I went on an 8 game winning streak, 10 counting the playoffs to win it Final score in the championship game was 90 - 70 against the #1 seed, who was 11-2 in the regular season. I have been playing in my league since 2007, had 6 straight losing seasons until now. A worst to first season.

My team consisted of Tom Brady, Matt Forte, Jordy Nelson, Ahmad Bradshaw, (until his season ending injury), Antonio Gates, Michael Crabtree (who I later dropped), a late season add of Denard Robinson (until he got injured), a Dolphins D/ST who filled in okay for a terrible Bengals D/ST I drafted, and Mason Crosby as my kicker. I scoured the waivers to help fill in the voids left by Terrance Williams and James Jones, Chris Johnson and Dexter McCluster when they all turned into busts after I drafted them.

A good game by Antonio Gates started me off on a strong note, who caught 7 for 97, and 2 TD's versus the 49ers, scoring 21 total points, which made up for a mediocre day by Brady. My opponent had Dwayne Allen, DeMarco Murray, Tre Mason, and Steven Hauschka left to play by the 5 o'clock hour. I had a slim lead and was convinced that losing was a reality. In a stroke of luck however, Dwayne Allen scored nothing, the Cowboys blew out the Colts and DeMarco Murray was benched in early with 11 points, Tre Mason scored 13, while Steven Hauschka went 0/3 on FG and making all of his extra points, scoring a meager 2 points.

My final roster:

Tom Brady - QB
Matt Forte - RB
Jordy Nelson - WR
Antonio Gates - TE
Latavius Murray - RB (Flex)
Charles Johnson - WR (Flex)
Dolphins D/ST - D/ST
Mason Crosby - K

I beat the number 1 seed last week. I've had a 5 game winning streak going. He had a 9 game winning streak going. I spanked that ass.

The primary reason the championship game was this close was because I listened to all of the experts and started Justin Forsett over Tre Mason or Cincy's rookie RB J. Hill. I would rather have started Hill but the skuttle-butt pointed toward a good game for Forsett against Houston. He did next to nothing . I started Buffalo's defense against the Raiders and they fucked me.

The only reason I won was because I was very active in free-agency and picking up Jems off off of the waiver wire.

Yeah, I thought it was a perfect time to gamble Oakland's Latavius Murray vs a stout Bills rush defense over Colts RB Daniel Herron (who took over for Bradshaw) and the 49ers RB Alfonso Smith, and because LaGarrette Blount was out vs. the Jets. Murray went 23 for 86 on the ground and 3 for 22 from the air, scoring 10 points that I desperately needed.

Herron scored all of 3 points, and Smith just 1. Best decision I ever made.

Yeah, I thought it was a perfect time to gamble Oakland's Latavius Murray vs a stout Bills rush defense over Colts RB Daniel Herron (who took over for Bradshaw) and the 49ers RB Alfonso Smith, and because LaGarrette Blount was out vs. the Jets. Murray went 23 for 86 on the ground and 3 for 22 from the air, scoring 10 points that I desperately needed.

Who the fuck is Alfonso Smith?

He was the guy filling in for Frank Gore who was undergoing concussion protocol. He was a strategic waiver add to block what I thought would be my opponent's need for a RB to replace Murray, which turned out not to be the case.

Last edited:

He was the guy filling in for Frank Gore who was undergoing concussion protocol. He was a strategic waiver add to block what I thought would be my opponent's need for a RB to replace Murray, which turned out not to be the case.

With 14 owners, the pickings must have been slim.

Very.

Very.

Three years ago I was in a pay league. Had one guy who controlled the money for the entry fees doing trades with friends that were on losing teams and he always seemed to win. The league before that the commish won 3 years in a row.

I like CBS's fantasy leagues because none of the owners can be commissioner and it cuts down on the favoritism.

Very.

Three years ago I was in a pay league. Had one guy who controlled the money for the entry fees doing trades with friends that were on losing teams and he always seemed to win. The league before that the commish won 3 years in a row.

I like CBS's fantasy leagues because none of the owners can be commissioner and it cuts down on the favoritism.

We had an auction league with a trade veto system which took 5 teams to veto. We all got $1000 FA budgets, plus whatever rolled over from the previous season.I tried to trade for Luck earlier in the year and was vetoed, mainly because they kept thinking I was giving my trade partner an advantage. When anyone gets Luck, they are getting an advantage by themself. I went for him after Belichick thought it would be cool to hold Brady down. He scored all of 9 points one week. At any rate, I still won.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back