ESPN Is Trying To Make The NFL Politically Correct

So why is ESPN and Sunday Night Football on NBC okay with politics now....but it wasn't okay then?

Sorry, but I've been trying to get you to understand that the media in all of it's forms are going political. Politics is invading Comedy Central, HBO, you name the station and the left which controls it has injected politics. Even the NFL is wearing pink during breast-cancer awareness month. Remember Bob Costas going off about guns?

Of course you don't.

We're supposed to ignore the constant subtext of politics being thrown at us 24/7.

This thread is no longer bordering on the surreal. It has flown right over the edge.

I think you're overreacting.

Let me offer you a tissue.

Don't you mean tinfoil?

Today on espn radio they were praising the very white kicker justin tucker...who was white and thanking god. Too funny.

So why is ESPN and Sunday Night Football on NBC okay with politics now....but it wasn't okay then?

Sorry, but I've been trying to get you to understand that the media in all of it's forms are going political. Politics is invading Comedy Central, HBO, you name the station and the left which controls it has injected politics. Even the NFL is wearing pink during breast-cancer awareness month. Remember Bob Costas going off about guns?

Of course you don't.

We're supposed to ignore the constant subtext of politics being thrown at us 24/7.

Costas was a fucktard for reading that anti-gun rant. That shouldn't be in a football broadcast. I'm with you there.

On the other hand, how the hell is breast cancer awareness some kind of leftist agenda? WTF, conservatives don't care about breast cancer? Pink is a leftist color, it has nothing to do with women? That's just ridiculousness.

Calm down.

Jesus.

Not that I have a problem with it mind you, I'm simply pointing out this fact to you. If you want to claim that there is no politics in sports you need to pay closer attention. Wearing pink was a form of solidarity for Breast-cancer awareness. If you don't think that's political I think you're blind.

I don't have any problem with 300 lb football players wearing pink. They can wear dresses if they want. I'm sure by the time ESPN gets done with them they might as well be.

I don't need to calm down, I'm not excited. :)

It's not politics in sports, but your implication that the politics are left-leaning, and that breast cancer awareness and the pink on NFL uniforms is left-leaning, that bothered me. I didn't say sports was apolitical, I questioned how the pink uniform pieces were leftist.

Fact is you don't like him because he's a Christian and that means he's not a liberal to you. He must like clinging to this guns and his religion so the left can't stand him.

Why do you assume that being a Christian means you have to be a right winger? You realize that most of the players in the NFL are also Christian? Many of them are also quite outspoken about their faith too. I doubt most sport fans care what Tebow's religion is. They care about production and winning. The NFL is probably as close to a meritocracy as you will find anywhere. If you don't produce on the field, you wind up on a bench or out of the league.

Costas was a fucktard for reading that anti-gun rant. That shouldn't be in a football broadcast. I'm with you there.

On the other hand, how the hell is breast cancer awareness some kind of leftist agenda? WTF, conservatives don't care about breast cancer? Pink is a leftist color, it has nothing to do with women? That's just ridiculousness.

Calm down.

Jesus.

Not that I have a problem with it mind you, I'm simply pointing out this fact to you. If you want to claim that there is no politics in sports you need to pay closer attention. Wearing pink was a form of solidarity for Breast-cancer awareness. If you don't think that's political I think you're blind.

I don't have any problem with 300 lb football players wearing pink. They can wear dresses if they want. I'm sure by the time ESPN gets done with them they might as well be.

It's not politics in sports, but your implication that the politics are left-leaning, and that breast cancer awareness and the pink on NFL uniforms is left-leaning, that bothered me. I didn't say sports was apolitical, I questioned how the pink uniform pieces were leftist.

The truth really bugs you, doesn't it?

The left owns the media, they set the agenda. The right doesn't believe in patronizing one group over another the way the left does. The right goes along with these kinds of liberal ideas because they're harmless. They're still forcing people to conform, which is what the left does. Using martyrs to sell their politics. It has liberalism painted all over it.

You just never thought about it, but they're doing it in the military, in our schools,.....social-engineering.

Last edited:
Fact is you don't like him because he's a Christian and that means he's not a liberal to you. He must like clinging to this guns and his religion so the left can't stand him.

Why do you assume that being a Christian means you have to be a right winger? You realize that most of the players in the NFL are also Christian? Many of them are also quite outspoken about their faith too. I doubt most sport fans care what Tebow's religion is. They care about production and winning. The NFL is probably as close to a meritocracy as you will find anywhere. If you don't produce on the field, you wind up on a bench or out of the league.

Obama says he's a Christian. Nancy Pelosi says she's a Christian. Harry Reid says he's a Christian.

They don't practice is the way Tebow does. He lives it. They just say it.

When Tebow started showing his faith to everyone he pissed off the wrong people. If anyone defends him they're called idiots. Well, I could give a fuck what anyone says about my opinions.

Last edited:
Calm down.

Jesus.

The left owns the media, they set the agenda. The right doesn't believe in patronizing one group over another the way the left does. The right goes along with these kinds of liberal ideas because they're harmless. They're still forcing people to conform, which is what the left does. Using martyrs to sell their politics. It has liberalism painted all over it.

You just never thought about it, but they're doing it in the military, in our schools,.....social-engineering.

Well that was a whole lot of nothing. :lol:

What is this truth you think bugs me? I still haven't quite figured out what you are trying to say or if you think you've answered my question.

Is the pink used in NFL games as part of their breast cancer awareness campaign leftist? If so, how do you come to that conclusion? Do those on the right not do things symbolic like that?

Well that was a whole lot of nothing. :lol:

What is this truth you think bugs me? I still haven't quite figured out what you are trying to say or if you think you've answered my question.

Is the pink used in NFL games as part of their breast cancer awareness campaign leftist? If so, how do you come to that conclusion? Do those on the right not do things symbolic like that?

I already explained it. Not my problem you can't comprehend.

If you want to, try Googling who originated the idea. That might explain it better.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back