Do any of you believe in God, but not go to Church?

With the aged [you say] is wisdom, and with length of days comes understanding. But [only] with [God] are [perfect] wisdom and might; He [alone] has [true] counsel and understanding. Job 12: 12-13

Really? Whatever happened to "Whatever makes you happy, dear."

I said it's a gift. Obviously it's a gift, or everyone would learn from their mistakes. We gain wisdom from learning from our mistakes.

God hasnt commanded us to meet together for worship for ourselves. He did it so we can be in a position to serve our fellow man. I think there are alot of people who focus on what they get out of Church, and dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with getting something out if it, but we are supposed to be learning to serve our fellow man. its not just what we get out of it.

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried." Gilbert K. Chesterton

Here's a much harder question, do any of you who profess to believe in gawd, and here I mean the Christian God, act like you do? Or act as Jesus would want you to act?

While I'm not sure this is true, I heard it second hand: Gawd while listening to Congressman Ryan today wondered if this particular trial on earth was worth the effort and considered an asteroid or an increase in global temperature. Thankfully it was reported he is sleeping on it.

"As John Paul II has already observed, the demarcation line between rich and poor countries is no longer as clear as it was at the time of Populorum Progressio. The world's wealth is growing in absolute terms, but inequalities are on the increase. In rich countries, new sectors of society are succumbing to poverty and new forms of poverty are emerging. In poorer areas some groups enjoy a sort of “superdevelopment” of a wasteful and consumerist kind which forms an unacceptable contrast with the ongoing situations of dehumanizing deprivation. “The scandal of glaring inequalities” continues. Corruption and illegality are unfortunately evident in the conduct of the economic and political class in rich countries, both old and new, as well as in poor ones. Among those who sometimes fail to respect the human rights of workers are large multinational companies as well as local producers. International aid has often been diverted from its proper ends, through irresponsible actions both within the chain of donors and within that of the beneficiaries. Similarly, in the context of immaterial or cultural causes of development and underdevelopment, we find these same patterns of responsibility reproduced. On the part of rich countries there is excessive zeal for protecting knowledge through an unduly rigid assertion of the right to intellectual property, especially in the field of health care. At the same time, in some poor countries, cultural models and social norms of behaviour persist which hinder the process of development." "Caritas in veritate" - Encyclical Letter of His Holiness Benedict XVI

Last edited:
Intelligence, education and experience are all separate things.

EXACTLY... And I go to church for the "education"... People who think they can understand God without a single bit of instruction are pretty presumptuous. It's like anything else in this world. You can be smart about something, but if you want to be "educated"... you go to school/church/whatever...

EXACTLY... And I go to church for the "education"... People who think they can understand God without a single bit of instruction are pretty presumptuous. It's like anything else in this world. You can be smart about something, but if you want to be "educated"... you go to school/church/whatever...

You wouldn't be judging, would you?

You wouldn't be judging, would you?

LOL... I try not to sound judgmental because I'm honestly not. It just seems like common sense to me. But then again I could be wrong. Doesn't really matter anyway I suppose, because when we all die we could find out that we are ALL wrong and this conversation is irrelevant. Who knows. I just know why I go to church and that should be good enough for myself. But that doesn't make be perfectly right either...

Just checking. :) I did Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night for a couple of decades, along with Bible camp, family camp, and other assorted week long nightly meetings.

Just checking. :) I did Sunday morning, Sunday night, Wednesday night for a couple of decades, along with Bible camp, family camp, and other assorted week long nightly meetings.

Nothing wrong with that... I tell ya, I recent spent a month down in the bible belt of FL over Christmas break and LET ME TELL YA.... LOL... They know how to PREACH :eusa_shifty: Never seen anything like it. Learned a lot, but was a bit overwhelmed. These people cry, and chant and get LOUD THROUGH THE WHOLE THING... I think it's a little much. I mean, I love the lord too, but I don't think he wants me to sit and cry about it...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back