Absolute immunity

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
So if the so called supreme court grants presidential immunity doesn't that mean Joe Biden has it as well?

I am wondering if you guys have thought this through.

So if the so called supreme court grants presidential immunity doesn't that mean Joe Biden has it as well?

That means Biden goes to prison for each illegal and there are 8 million so he will be in prison 242,984,467,858,595,509 Years! :p

And then other presidents will have it, and one of those presidents is just going to go off the rails and they'll claim immunity.

The Supreme Court is putting itself in danger if it gives immunity to another branch.

And then other presidents will have it, and one of those presidents is just going to go off the rails and they'll claim immunity.

The Supreme Court is putting itself in danger if it gives immunity to another branch.
you do know immunity can be revoked with an impeachment??

You tell me why there's so many threads on it. I agree the SCOTUS will most likely slow roll this.

They are the punting Roberts court. Punting is what they do. The fact that they even took on the huge and impossible question of "exact degree of immunity" is absurd, and they will punt. They should instead be ruling on whether or not one Donald J Trump can be prosecuted for the specific, alleged acts for which he is indicted.

What other presidents?

almost missed it,,

SCOTUS doesnt grant presidential immunity,, the determine if it exist based on the constitution,,,

so the premise of your question is flawed,,

If a president is given absolute immunity what guarantee do we have there will be any more elections?

Yeah. It's a black hole of a political choice.

Problem is we simply don't know how into "let's keep the Republicans forever" those right wing justices are.

I think they're looking at public Acts by a President as part of his job versus private Acts by a President. I don't think that you have thought about this whole issue clearly.

Forum List

Back