Zone1 Annihilating the Church of J.C. of LDS

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I have a perverse hobby, and I've indulged in it for many years. I enjoy reading about Joseph Smith, LDS history, and the LDS church (whatever it chooses to be called this week). Basically, I find it entertaining that so many apparently intelligent people can be so totally bamboozled by a religion that is manifestly phony...from the very beginning. The problem for them is that MOST religions were started a long time ago, before reliable recording was possible, and when eye witnesses could not be challenged in Real Time. They might all be total bunkum, but since they have been around so long, maybe not. Who knows?

But that's not the case with LDS. It happened recently enough that there ARE records, witnesses, and claims that can be challenged with facts and science, and the Mormon church comes up short in virtually every area.

But what I didn't know - I learned it watching a video earlier today - is that there is actually an ex-Mormon who went all out, questioning church authorities on every imaginable claim, belief, and assertion of the church, and providing detailed explanation of why they are bunkum.

His original list of questions to the LDS authorities, after being ignored, was expanded into a book-length essay, obliterating virtually everything that the church teaches and stands for. This thesis (or whatever you would call it) has been termed, "The CES Letter," and is linked above.

LDS members are cautioned NOT TO READ IT. It will kill their "testimony" like Raid kills bugs. If you spend a little while going over it, you will understand why they don't want members reading it.

I have had a few conversations with LDS missionaries, but the next ones...I don't know.

I have a perverse hobby, and I've indulged in it for many years. I enjoy reading about Joseph Smith, LDS history, and the LDS church (whatever it chooses to be called this week). Basically, I find it entertaining that so many apparently intelligent people can be so totally bamboozled by a religion that is manifestly phony...from the very beginning. The problem for them is that MOST religions were started a long time ago, before reliable recording was possible, and when eye witnesses could not be challenged in Real Time. They might all be total bunkum, but since they have been around so long, maybe not. Who knows?

But that's not the case with LDS. It happened recently enough that there ARE records, witnesses, and claims that can be challenged with facts and science, and the Mormon church comes up short in virtually every area.

But what I didn't know - I learned it watching a video earlier today - is that there is actually an ex-Mormon who went all out, questioning church authorities on every imaginable claim, belief, and assertion of the church, and providing detailed explanation of why they are bunkum.

His original list of questions to the LDS authorities, after being ignored, was expanded into a book-length essay, obliterating virtually everything that the church teaches and stands for. This thesis (or whatever you would call it) has been termed, "The CES Letter," and is linked above.

LDS members are cautioned NOT TO READ IT. It will kill their "testimony" like Raid kills bugs. If you spend a little while going over it, you will understand why they don't want members reading it.

I have had a few conversations with LDS missionaries, but the next ones...I don't know.
seems un likely, but an inner group of elder men were able to set themselves up fairly well in an endless supply of sunshine and girls too far from civilization. tp know any better.

LDS doesn't seem any worse than any other religion and the Mormons I know are genuinely good people. I think, like all religions, it comes down to faith not facts.

Mormonism really doesn't make much sense to me, even though the fellows I have met in the religion over the years seem ok.

I only lasted a few pages into it before I realized it was pretty inane. Some protagonist decapitates some mf'er over some brass plates.

I thought why? Even if you thought it was a good idea to kill someone over some plates, a lot easier just to run them through with a sword of justice than cut off their head. Just didn't seem logical, decapitations with a sword requires more skill and strength than most people can muster.

Couldn't get past the logic.

The Mountain Meadows Massacre makes for interesting reading.....US Senator Lee is a direct descendant of John D. Lee.

The livestock and personal property of the Baker–Fancher party, including women's jewelry, clothing and bedstuffs were distributed or auctioned off to Mormons.

Some of the surviving children saw clothing and jewelry that had belonged to their dead mothers and sisters subsequently being worn by Mormon women and the journalist J.H. Beadle said that jewelry taken from Mountain Meadows was seen in Salt Lake City.

John_D._Lee_pre-execution_photo.png

J. D. Lee is seen sitting next to his coffin before being executed by firing squad in 1877.

I have had a few conversations with LDS missionaries, but the next ones...I don't know.W
When a convicted rapist con-man grifter can sell Bibles, why can't a charlatan start a new religion?

There are such definite advantages that LDS members have with other LDS members that it is to their benefit to pretend to embrace LDS theology. To be accepted, to be loved, to have such advantages is powerful incentive to push aside whatever cognitive uncomfortableness exists and go with the flow so to speak. Don't you think it is pretty much a similar phenomenon when those in a political party or other religions or engaged in such beliefs as climate change or gender identification etc. sociopolitics do pretty much the same?

But to the pretend advocates and also the true believers there is little to be gained by presenting them with actual evidence. They will do everything they can think of to discredit it and dismiss it as either untrue or irrelevant. They have chosen their dogma and they do not give it up easily.

It takes a very strong person to insist on logic, reason, actual facts when everybody else wants so badly for something to be true.

Well, they practically have an entire state on lock.

And they do pretty well for themselves there.

Well, they practically have an entire state on lock.

And they do pretty well for themselves there.
But, are on the decline, now they are about 42% Mormon.
The state will soon follow.

My favorite quote from this
find it entertaining that so many apparently intelligent people can be so totally bamboozled by a religion that is manifestly phony

Welcome to me and ALL RELIGIONS.

Noah's Ark is my favorite story in the Bible, because it's so illogical, so ridiculous, and people actually believe this "phony"

Forum List

Back