Do any of you believe in God, but not go to Church?

I imagine most of the toxicity was your own, if your real character is anything like your persona here.

I've gone to church all my life, and I've never suffered from the "toxicity" of church. I think you get out of it what you put in.

I met a lot of people like you. Legalistic assholes.

I imagine most of the toxicity was your own, if your real character is anything like your persona here.

I've gone to church all my life, and I've never suffered from the "toxicity" of church. I think you get out of it what you put in.

You get out what you put in, and I can imagine what you put in...as I reckon you understand given your hostile response.

I attend when I can because it's the right thing to do. I don't do it for ME. I would rather sit at home on Sunday. It's the one day of the week that I don't have a million things to do. I attend because it's the right thing to do, and to honor God. When you honor God, the blessings rain down, but you have to be honoring God. I don't do it for the other people at the church, I don't do it to impress anybody. Attending church is honoring God, and I focus on that when I'm there. The rest is just icing on the cake.

I miss sometimes...there are times I can't make it for whatever reason, and when that happens, I don't feel guilty or make excuses because I know that church attendance isn't my salvation. I'm about the least legalistic person you'll ever meet.

I think there are lots of people who are believers who do not attend church. And, i think more so as we have become more fragmented and local churches do not have the draw and pull on the community that they used too.

My Sunday school teacher is a real estate agent, and she says she has never before seen churches (as in church buildings) up for sale.

But the church will survive to the end. We'll be persecuted, maligned, ridiculed, and killed...but the church will be here when Christ returns.

You get out what you put in, and I can imagine what you put in...as I reckon you understand given your hostile response.

I attend when I can because it's the right thing to do. I don't do it for ME. I would rather sit at home on Sunday. It's the one day of the week that I don't have a million things to do. I attend because it's the right thing to do, and to honor God. When you honor God, the blessings rain down, but you have to be honoring God. I don't do it for the other people at the church, I don't do it to impress anybody. Attending church is honoring God, and I focus on that when I'm there. The rest is just icing on the cake.

I miss sometimes...there are times I can't make it for whatever reason, and when that happens, I don't feel guilty or make excuses because I know that church attendance isn't my salvation. I'm about the least legalistic person you'll ever meet.

You're making my case with your attacks. Check Phil 4:8.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

do they have 55 gal drums for the bile?

So if he crashed going 90 miles an hour God is going to send him to burn in hell for eternity? :cuckoo:

When I was young I was told I would go to hell for dancing or going to movies so who knows?

I was told I'd go to hell for being a biker. Over the years, I've helped raise about 10 million in cash and 80 or 90 tractor trailer loads of toys for poor kids in South Florida. I may just have scored a few points with Him.
If I'd died at 38, yeah I'd have burned in hell, but for the last 24 years, I've done the best I can.
I'm sorry, KG, I don't need a building and a bunch of "Sunday Christians" to be close to my Maker.

I like this guy. :clap2:

Now I happen to like my church, when I go. Easter, Xmas, Weddings, Baptisms and Funerals. I'm just not interested in going every Sunday morning. And no, God isn't going to punish me because those members and that priest are boring. Not to mention they don't have any hot and available women attending. Just a bunch of scared old ladies and young mothers with their kids. The guys are all golfing or sleeping in. And their 20 and 30 year old single daughters are hung over from clubbin all night. Rush was right, whores. :lol:

Facebook. It's a wonderful thing. Do you have people thanking you for being the one person who reached out to them and always made them feel welcome, all these many years later? I'm guessing not, since you can't believe it happens to me.

My Sunday school teacher is a real estate agent, and she says she has never before seen churches (as in church buildings) up for sale.

But the church will survive to the end. We'll be persecuted, maligned, ridiculed, and killed...but the church will be here when Christ returns.

You should see these massive beautiful formerly Catholic Cathedrals in Detroit. The one I'm referring to is now owned by some non denominational church. Mostly black people and the church is now in an all black poor neighborhood. No jobs. When white people moved out in the 70's they took the jobs with them.

So today with so many out of work and the cost of electricity, these people can not afford to even ac the place in the summertime.

As far as the Catholic's problem. They lost millions of members when they Pope covered up pedophilia. Just like the rich are starving our government because they don't believe in Government, maybe Catholics don't believe in the Catholic Church anymore.

Don't Catholics think the Pope is infallable?

Yes...but not necessarily in a Church "building". In the end days Christians are supposed to be persecuted so badly that they have to meet in secret. Kind of like in China! A church is anywhere where 2 or more people meet to worship Him and He's always there.

I haven't been to church in a couple years now. And, it's mainly because of the people that attend, and some things that i didn't agree with that the Pastor had done. Yes, there are so many hypocrites that go to church, and i don't believe it's good to be around them when you know for sure what they are and what they're doing. All they help to do is bring you down when you're supposed to be standing up and loving God.

I have a group of people that we meet once a week and do bible study. We don't all agree, but that's ok. I'm much more comfortable doing this and i think i learn just as much....i don't don't believe God cares how we do it, as long as we do.

Facebook. It's a wonderful thing. Do you have people thanking you for being the one person who reached out to them and always made them feel welcome, all these many years later? I'm guessing not, since you can't believe it happens to me.

Yawn. Yes, I'm sure you were the MOST important, beloved person at church. I'm sure you're still famous for it, decades later. I'll bet somebody wrote a book about you, and you've been canonized. I've no doubt people line the street waving palm leaves and strewing rose petals in your path when you mix amongst the mortals.

And I'm sure your difficulties in church had nothing to do with your own delusions of grandeur.

Yes...but not necessarily in a Church "building". In the end days Christians are supposed to be persecuted so badly that they have to meet in secret. Kind of like in China! A church is anywhere where 2 or more people meet to worship Him and He's always there.

I haven't been to church in a couple years now. And, it's mainly because of the people that attend, and some things that i didn't agree with that the Pastor had done. Yes, there are so many hypocrites that go to church, and i don't believe it's good to be around them when you know for sure what they are and what they're doing. All they help to do is bring you down when you're supposed to be standing up and loving God.

I have a group of people that we meet once a week and do bible study. We don't all agree, but that's ok. I'm much more comfortable doing this and i think i learn just as much....i don't don't believe God cares how we do it, as long as we do.

I agree.

I've left churches too, and was without a church for some years because there wasn't one available to me that I felt comfortable in.

But I don't go around maligning "church" because I didn't fit with a specific one...

Now, THERE'S that bile we've all come to know and expect!

Do you talk to people like that, in church? I really want to know.

Did you lie in church like you lie on here?

I don't need an answer, you'll just lie about that as well.

Now, THERE'S that bile we've all come to know and expect!

Do you talk to people like that, in church? I really want to know.

I'm just agreeing with you, silly. Nobody in any church I've ever been to has ever been into self-aggrandizement to the degree you are...if they had, I probably would react the same.

With applause. I applaud you! You are a spectacular human, really, the rest of us are not worthy...

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can see why you wouldn't want to sully yourself in church. Nobody is worthy of your presence. You are too good for church. I don't see how you can stand to breathe the same air as the rest of us sinners! It must be excruciating!

Forum List

Back