Do any of you believe in God, but not go to Church?

Now, THERE'S that bile we've all come to know and expect!

Do you talk to people like that, in church? I really want to know.

I'm just agreeing with you, silly. Nobody in any church I've ever been to has ever been into self-aggrandizement to the degree you are...if they had, I probably would react the same.

With applause. I applaud you! You are a spectacular human, really, the rest of us are not worthy...

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I can see why you wouldn't want to sully yourself in church. Nobody is worthy of your presence. You are too good for church. I don't see how you can stand to breathe the same air as the rest of us sinners! It must be excruciating!

Do you really believe the non-believers look at your comportment and think gee! There's something different about her. I want to be like her. She's so [insert Phil 4:8 here]. I must find out why she is the way she is.

Now, THERE'S that bile we've all come to know and expect!

Do you talk to people like that, in church? I really want to know.

I'm just agreeing with you, silly. Nobody in any church I've ever been to has ever been into self-aggrandizement to the degree you are...if they had, I probably would react the same.

With applause. I applaud you! You are a spectacular human, really, the rest of us are not worthy...

I can see why you wouldn't want to sully yourself in church. Nobody is worthy of your presence. You are too good for church. I don't see how you can stand to breathe the same air as the rest of us sinners! It must be excruciating!

Do you really believe the non-believers look at your comportment and think gee! There's something different about her. I want to be like her. She's so [insert Phil 4:8 here]. I must find out why she is the way she is.

Why? Because I think you are...

MAGNIFICENT?

Didn't you say you were? I'm just agreeing with you, dear. I completely concurr with your estimation of yourself.

You are right and correct to punish churchgoers by denying them your esteemed presence....

kowtow.gif

MAGNIFICENT?

Didn't you say you were? I'm just agreeing with you, dear. I completely concurr with your estimation of yourself.

You are right and correct to punish churchgoers by denying them your esteemed presence....

kowtow.gif

Ya know...this bullcrap back and forth and how you're coming across is NOT going to win BD or anyone else over to your side of thinking. One of the worse things a Christian can do is degrade another Christian about their beliefs. I did it before myself, then felt a lot of guilt. There are some Christian beliefs that i think are not from God, but are just people making their own rules, thinking they know exactly what God wants of us. We're all human, and we all say things we shouldn't. The Bible tells us the tongue is the most evil part of a human...how true that is ! We see that everyday on this board....

I do not attend church but I also think a personal spiritual relationship daily is more lasting and meaningful than lip service attendees who only show up on Sunday to be seen. Not saying all people are like that but many are there to judge your appearance and how good or bad you conduct yourself. Also to size you up to see how phony you can be. God is interested in you and your relationship on a personal level and I can do that every day not just Sunday.

That's true but part of our relationship with God should be obedience...and he tells us to gather in his name.

I do not attend church but I also think a personal spiritual relationship daily is more lasting and meaningful than lip service attendees who only show up on Sunday to be seen. Not saying all people are like that but many are there to judge your appearance and how good or bad you conduct yourself. Also to size you up to see how phony you can be. God is interested in you and your relationship on a personal level and I can do that every day not just Sunday.

Finally one speaks of their relationship with God. I find a personal relationship with God is hard to develop within a church but the Bible builds the framework of our existence. Reminding ourselves of his commandments and asking for forgiveness of our weaknesses is paramount.

My experience with church has been the "commercial" issuing edicts of getting more parishioners, members unhappey with the preacher hoping to oust him in order to flex their power to obtain a new leader and gossip of other members which frankly I can do without. My time in prayer is for the praises of my awesome God and the blessings he has betsowed upon me and asking that he provide me with wisdom following the straightness of my path.

I ask that he continue to keep me away from evil and that I lead my life in the footsteps of Jesus, though I know I will falter but he will be there to help me back up when I fall. That can be done in the time I have at home not in the short time given at church.

Finally one speaks of their relationship with God. I find a personal relationship with God is hard to develop within a church but the Bible builds the framework of our existence. Reminding ourselves of his commandments and asking for forgiveness of our weaknesses is paramount.

My experience with church has been the "commercial" issuing edicts of getting more parishioners, members unhappey with the preacher hoping to oust him in order to flex their power to obtain a new leader and gossip of other members which frankly I can do without. My time in prayer is for the praises of my awesome God and the blessings he has betsowed upon me and asking that he provide me with wisdom following the straightness of my path.

I ask that he continue to keep me away from evil and that I lead my life in the footsteps of Jesus, though I know I will falter but he will be there to help me back up when I fall. That can be done in the time I have at home not in the short time given at church.
I wa enlightened to many things in my young adult life. I didn't realize the vast differences in how denominations do things. Someone to,d me they would pray for me about something I said thank you and they walked away. I said hey I thought you were going to do this. They said yeah I will when I go to church next time. I said well I would like to get this done now. They said well I am not going to church right now.i said what does going to church have to do with it? They were just oblivious to what I was getting at. It disappointed me that we are called to comfort and serve others but so many limit that to a building when the temple spoken of in scripture is your spirit not a building

MAGNIFICENT?

kowtow.gif

Attachments

• $cleft.jpg
    $cleft.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 70
Its good to believe in God regardless of Church attendence. However, we are commanded to fellowship woth the saints and minister to those in need, including the hypocrites to uplift them and invite them to Christ.

Now. no one will force you to go to Church and fulfill the responsibilities God gave us. But when you stand before the judgment of God and Christ asks you why you didnt fulfill these commamds, is telling Him you didnt go to Church to fellowship with the saints and minister to your fellow man because others are hypocrites going to make you feel comfortable?

Its good to believe in God regardless of Church attendence. However, we are commanded to fellowship woth the saints and minister to those in need, including the hypocrites to uplift them and invite them to Christ.

Now. no one will force you to go to Church and fulfill the responsibilities God gave us. But when you stand before the judgment of God and Christ asks you why you didnt fulfill these commamds, is telling Him you didnt go to Church to fellowship with the saints and minister to your fellow man because others are hypocrites going to make you feel comfortable?

I agree Av, I guess I must be lucky because the church I attend doesn't have any of the traits that I've read about in this thread. Everyone is there for the same reasons (worshipping God), there's no power struggles, no judgments, everyone truly enjoys eachother's company and is there for anyone when any help is needed. We serve the community at large, we welcome anyone that wants to attend and never has before. There is nothing taught that is outside the Bible, no man made 'rules'. These churches do exist out there, and if it's important enough to you, you will find one.

I agree Av, I guess I must be lucky because the church I attend doesn't have any of the traits that I've read about in this thread. Everyone is there for the same reasons (worshipping God), there's no power struggles, no judgments, everyone truly enjoys eachother's company and is there for anyone when any help is needed. We serve the community at large, we welcome anyone that wants to attend and never has before. There is nothing taught that is outside the Bible, no man made 'rules'. These churches do exist out there, and if it's important enough to you, you will find one.

That's fabulous! I like to hear stories like that. Is the church you attend a smaller congregation by chance? In my experience I have observed that the bigger the church the more business like it feels. What I mean is everyone is friendly but in a fake way and forget even getting near the pastor to evEn shake his hand you have to make an appointment to talk to him and only during business hours etc. that aspect has always turned me off

That's fabulous! I like to hear stories like that. Is the church you attend a smaller congregation by chance? In my experience I have observed that the bigger the church the more business like it feels. What I mean is everyone is friendly but in a fake way and forget even getting near the pastor to evEn shake his hand you have to make an appointment to talk to him and only during business hours etc. that aspect has always turned me off

Yes, we feel really blessed to have such a great church to be a part of. I don't know what you would consider 'small', but I think the congregation is about 400 people. There are two services, an earlier Sunday morning that is considered a 'traditional' service, because the older folks are more comfortable with that, and a later service that is 'contemporary'. We have a youth pastor that is awesome, the kids love him. I think a lot has to do with the pastor(s) that are in the church as well, as to how the church 'feels'. I think a lot of more 'modern' non denominational churches are emerging from the 'hard rules' of the past half century. Not in relation to what is taught in the Bible, but staying more focused on what Jesus expected out of His diciples. Being more community active, welcoming anyone, especially those in need, into your congregation. Our church is completely open financially, you know where every penny is spent, etc.. everyone has a voice. It's just been a great experience for my family, so I would encourage people who really want to have that kind of church family to keep looking until you find where you fit. There are good churches out there.

I fellowship and minister where I am. If GOD directs me back to church, he will facilitate it. Not some nameless, faceless on the internet.

Yes, we feel really blessed to have such a great church to be a part of. I don't know what you would consider 'small', but I think the congregation is about 400 people. There are two services, an earlier Sunday morning that is considered a 'traditional' service, because the older folks are more comfortable with that, and a later service that is 'contemporary'. We have a youth pastor that is awesome, the kids love him. I think a lot has to do with the pastor(s) that are in the church as well, as to how the church 'feels'. I think a lot of more 'modern' non denominational churches are emerging from the 'hard rules' of the past half century. Not in relation to what is taught in the Bible, but staying more focused on what Jesus expected out of His diciples. Being more community active, welcoming anyone, especially those in need, into your congregation. Our church is completely open financially, you know where every penny is spent, etc.. everyone has a voice. It's just been a great experience for my family, so I would encourage people who really want to have that kind of church family to keep looking until you find where you fit. There are good churches out there.

You should promote what kind of church you belong to. It sounds great. Let people know what kind of church it is and they might see if one is in their area. Non denomination, catholic, protestant, lutheran, baptist, etc?

I'm a Greek Orthodox Christian. A Born Again minister attended one of our Sunday services and told the priest afterward that we have a beautiful religion but we are horrible at recruiting. :lol:

I don't consider myself religious as for me that implies ritual but do claim to be spiritual and would rather have a true ongoing relationship with my lord. For me it is like a marriage...someone I fellowship with continually. Some marriages are like that but many people treat church like what I consider a bad marriage where you have relations about once a week because you feel it is the right thing to do and feel an obligation to do so then ignore each other the rest of the week until it is time to come together again....pun intended lol

I think everyone in here is forgetting one of the key elements of WHY we go to church. Society has turned it into some stereotyped cult where you are forced to give money and get screamed at that you are going to hell. I don't know what type of churches you guys are going to and it's very unfortunate. One of the biggest reasons I go to church is simply to LEARN. I don't always understand how to relate the teachings of the bible to real life. My pastor puts things in perspective for me. I don't really care much for the singing and all the mumbo jumbo. I give money, because I know it takes a bit of cash to get biblical materials to other less fortunate people around the world. Wether the church uses it for that or not, GOD KNOWS I gave it to him to spread his word and that is what counts. If I can't learn something from a church, I do not go there. If you have a good church and pastor, then it will be nothing less than a motivating and educational speech. People attend public speakings all the time and leave pumped up and more educated. People go to college to listen to instructors speak and the students learn. There are things about God I can't learn on my own. Church is my school to be educated about GOD.... Just because the bible says you will not be held accountable for ignorance doesn't mean avoid the lessons. And you can't sit home and magically acquire wisdom and knowledge of God, I don't care how much you think you know. If I could do that, I could sit home and think myself into a MASTERS DEGREE....

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back