Do any of you believe in God, but not go to Church?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWVHpm49tOU]Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On! Holy Roller Style! - YouTube[/ame]

There have been periods in my life when my church attendance was more than a little lax...but right now is one of those times when I am happily engaged in public observance of my faith. Either way I am very comfortable with my relationship with God.

It fluctuates.
I'll go for several weeks then not go for months, and vice-versa.

HE knows me
:cool:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SgByE0pX1M&feature=related]Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Bedlam - YouTube[/ame]

What about someone who does not believe in god but goes to church?

Probably some guy trying to get laid...now I'm going to hell.:D

It can actually be quite entertaining. Espscially the holy roller pentecostal types of churches.

ON the funny side though I know a loser guy who keeps changing churches looking for a woman dumb enough to marry him.
He is only interested in a cook, housekeeper and sex though :)

Easy now, bro'
:razz:

I think dying from stupid actions might not get you to see god.

So if he crashed going 90 miles an hour God is going to send him to burn in hell for eternity? :cuckoo:

When I was young I was told I would go to hell for dancing or going to movies so who knows?

I was told I'd go to hell for being a biker. Over the years, I've helped raise about 10 million in cash and 80 or 90 tractor trailer loads of toys for poor kids in South Florida. I may just have scored a few points with Him.
If I'd died at 38, yeah I'd have burned in hell, but for the last 24 years, I've done the best I can.
I'm sorry, KG, I don't need a building and a bunch of "Sunday Christians" to be close to my Maker.

I am just passin time.

I do not believe in any form of afterlife or supreme being.

Piper-Perabo-2.jpg

Reconsider???
:D

So if he crashed going 90 miles an hour God is going to send him to burn in hell for eternity? :cuckoo:

When I was young I was told I would go to hell for dancing or going to movies so who knows?

I was told I'd go to hell for being a biker. Over the years, I've helped raise about 10 million in cash and 80 or 90 tractor trailer loads of toys for poor kids in South Florida. I may just have scored a few points with Him.
If I'd died at 38, yeah I'd have burned in hell, but for the last 24 years, I've done the best I can.
I'm sorry, KG, I don't need a building and a bunch of "Sunday Christians" to be close to my Maker.

the point is, it's not always about making you feel anything.

You will reap blessings from being obedient to God. But attending church and glorifying God isn't about what YOU get out of it. It's about giving back to God. He likes us to gather and wants us to. This is the one thing we do FOR GOD. It doesn't matter if you get anything out of it or not.

I used to go to church, but there was too much toxicity. Holier-than-thou, do as I say, not as I do, straining at gnats and swallowing camels, 16 kinds of ugly. I won't say never again - but it's safer out here.

I imagine most of the toxicity was your own, if your real character is anything like your persona here.

I've gone to church all my life, and I've never suffered from the "toxicity" of church. I think you get out of it what you put in.

I attend a non-denominational church on occasions, but not very often.
I was brought up a Baptist and went to church about 6-7 times weekly. We were told all other denominations were sinners! No kidding.
So when I became an adult, I decided to visit other churches and each one seemed to have their own approach and philosophy. In other words, it seems each denomination interprets the Bible differently. Why the inconsistency?
I prefer to worship God with my own interpretation of the Bible, instead of some other mortal man's/woman's version. I don't need another human telling me how to worship and what is or is not a sin. Depending on the denomation, certain things are are big sins and others aren't as big of sins, it depends. What?????

Why do different denominations exist?
Mergers and aquisitions?

I mean I understand why different people will clump together in a church that they like the beliefs of.
But why do churches clump together in a much larger organization?
Must have something to do with worshiping god in greater efficiencies?

Last edited:
Mergers and aquisitions?

I mean I understand why different people will clump together in a church that they like the beliefs of.

Christians are a splinter group, therefore there own religion is splintered.

I'm southern baptist...I've attended Catholic, Evangelical, Mormon and conservative Baptist churches.

My Southern Baptist preacher now maintains that salvation is personal, and denomination makes no difference. We don't get into heaven based on the location and name of the building we hold service in. The church isn't the building or the business office...it's the people.

Mergers and aquisitions?

Christians are a splinter group, therefore there own religion is splintered.

Yes but my question is why do the different splinters clump together in association?

Forum List

Back