Zone1 Annihilating the Church of J.C. of LDS

are mormons christians?

We claim to be.

Many in Christianity would argue as we do not accept that proposition that all you have to do is accept Christ and you are "saved".

Our doctrine is much more liberal.

Even most who won't accept Christ will recieve some degree of glory. That is how far the Atonement reaches.

laugh all you want we at least believe in the bible unlike you.

I wouldn't let it get to you. It's just trolling.

Facts are facts.

What gets me is the OP started this sayinig he had a hobby of destroying the church doctrine.

He then quotes and also-ran book published ten years ago

I know it made a dent in Northern Utah (for reasons I won't go into), but it's run it's course.

1714170493577.png

I have a perverse hobby, and I've indulged in it for many years. I enjoy reading about Joseph Smith, LDS history, and the LDS church (whatever it chooses to be called this week). Basically, I find it entertaining that so many apparently intelligent people can be so totally bamboozled by a religion that is manifestly phony...from the very beginning. The problem for them is that MOST religions were started a long time ago, before reliable recording was possible, and when eye witnesses could not be challenged in Real Time. They might all be total bunkum, but since they have been around so long, maybe not. Who knows?

But that's not the case with LDS. It happened recently enough that there ARE records, witnesses, and claims that can be challenged with facts and science, and the Mormon church comes up short in virtually every area.

But what I didn't know - I learned it watching a video earlier today - is that there is actually an ex-Mormon who went all out, questioning church authorities on every imaginable claim, belief, and assertion of the church, and providing detailed explanation of why they are bunkum.

His original list of questions to the LDS authorities, after being ignored, was expanded into a book-length essay, obliterating virtually everything that the church teaches and stands for. This thesis (or whatever you would call it) has been termed, "The CES Letter," and is linked above.

LDS members are cautioned NOT TO READ IT. It will kill their "testimony" like Raid kills bugs. If you spend a little while going over it, you will understand why they don't want members reading it.

I have had a few conversations with LDS missionaries, but the next ones...I don't know.
So, what is this book that we aren’t able to read it? My testimony isn’t based on anti-buttheads like yourself. It’s based on the Holy Ghost and what He teaches and testifies to me.
For you information, I’ve debunked every anti-thought possible.

But that's not the case with LDS. It happened recently enough that there ARE records, witnesses, and claims that can be challenged with facts and science, and the Mormon church comes up short in virtually every area.

But what I didn't know - I learned it watching a video earlier today - is that there is actually an ex-Mormon who went all out, questioning church authorities on every imaginable claim, belief, and assertion of the church, and providing detailed explanation of why they are bunkum.

His original list of questions to the LDS authorities, after being ignored, was expanded into a book-length essay, obliterating virtually everything that the church teaches and stands for. This thesis (or whatever you would call it) has been termed, "The CES Letter," and is linked above.

LDS members are cautioned NOT TO READ IT. It will kill their "testimony" like Raid kills bugs. If you spend a little while going over it, you will understand why they don't want members reading it.

This has been responded to:

You didn't know the CES letters existed until now. I've been reading it for ten years (and I've NEVER been told not to).

He wrote one authority originally who never got back to him.

And it obliterates nothing. It makes arguments using their standards of truth and fact (which are all very convenient).

The rebuttles have been cited and linked in a post.

So, how's that hobby going ?

Another point to make is that the church isn't perfect. It is inherent in our doctrine.

Paul (an the Book of Mormon) teach line upon line.

Moses was not able to give Isreal the higher law because they were not ready to receive it. So they got the law of Moses.

Nephi apologizes for any "errors" in his writings.

Scriptures don't bring salvation.

The Lord Jesus Christ is the "way". The scriptures point to him.

We are always growing and learning as people and as a church.

Again, the Book of Mormon teaches that when true believers falter, the church falters too (in it's progress).

I have a perverse hobby, and I've indulged in it for many years. I enjoy reading about Joseph Smith, LDS history, and the LDS church (whatever it chooses to be called this week). Basically, I find it entertaining that so many apparently intelligent people can be so totally bamboozled by a religion that is manifestly phony...from the very beginning.

We've responded. I don't see you showing how you are annihilating anything.

I'll ask again...how was it manifestly phoney from the very beggining ?

Forum List

Back