Did one of the forum get removed?

Closing "Breaking News" has been in the works for some time now. That area had become a "catch all" for those starting new threads that were too lazy to put them in the proper areas. Most of the threads in it didn't belong there.
Where did all the posts that were under Breaking News go?

They really don't like Conservatives over there.
I watched it move from fairly balanced to extreme left over a period of many years. Many of the site antisemites complained about the evenhandedness of the Isreal section, so they hired an electronic intifada type from Australia, and they a gays for Hamas type from Britain. That tipped the balance completely towards the hard left.

There s forum is becoming increasingly throttled by the authoritarian left just like that one did.

Yes! "Breaking News" became a dumping ground for anything and everything regardless as to whether it was true "breaking" news or not. The threads that were in that area were put in Current Events. A few that have gotten recent responses were moved to the appropriate area (media, Iran & Palestine, etc).

Excellent news. I often wondered how a thread four weeks old could still be breaking news. Things should have been moved to other forums long ago in my view. Anyway...great move on that.

I’d urge the Powers That Be to consider doing the same thing to this forum. It’s basically a dumping ground for grievances and accusations...not feedback.
Just have a “tell the mod” button to where you can e-mail mods any concerns or gripes. Because there are things to gripe about. They should be handled in private. If a poster wants to make a public grievance, they can do so in the basement...Why give the perpetual complainers and folks who just want to make wild accusations of bias a spotlight? They still have a platform...the basement which is where grievance threads belong IMHO.

Was there ever really a need for both a Breaking News and a Current Events forum?

Gotta keep things friendly for Hamas, you know.
I should damn well think so .
We cannot have these commie types continually passing out their propaganda nonsense and painting our less able cousins as stinking Israeli right extremist nut job supporters
Ra, Ra the Allahu Akbars .
Keep America decent

:cool: :cool:

Racist motivated posting:

IMG-20231115-WA0006.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent news. I often wondered how a thread four weeks old could still be breaking news. Things should have been moved to other forums long ago in my view. Anyway...great move on that.
Concur.
I’d urge the Powers That Be to consider doing the same thing to this forum. It’s basically a dumping ground for grievances and accusations...not feedback.
Just have a “tell the mod” button to where you can e-mail mods any concerns or gripes. Because there are things to gripe about. They should be handled in private. If a poster wants to make a public grievance, they can do so in the basement...Why give the perpetual complainers and folks who just want to make wild accusations of bias a spotlight? They still have a platform...the basement which is where grievance threads belong IMHO.
STRONGLY disagree.

Just bounce people/threads that violate the rules, and ban them from the forum (if possible) if they don't get the message.

This forum is great despite its misuse by some.

STRONGLY disagree.

Just bounce people/threads that violate the rules, and ban them from the forum (if possible) if they don't get the message.
As I always say, its their sandbox and their sand.

I don’t see the utility they receive though out of having this platform that has become basically a 24/7 complaint department.For one thing, the complaints get lost in the shuffle of 150 posts so its less likely that a mod is going to sift through the 150 posts to see the “legitimate” grievance. Whereas with an “ask the mods” button; you get a single message that spells it out.

This forum is great despite its misuse by some.
It used to be. I had some hope when the old “senior mod” left. Not so much any more.

I think they moved 'Conspiracy Theories' into the 'Rubber Room'.

Or, at least they should.

As I always say, its their sandbox and their sand.

I don’t see the utility they receive though out of having this platform that has become basically a 24/7 complaint department.For one thing, the complaints get lost in the shuffle of 150 posts so its less likely that a mod is going to sift through the 150 posts to see the “legitimate” grievance. Whereas with an “ask the mods” button; you get a single message that spells it out.

It used to be. I had some hope when the old “senior mod” left. Not so much any more.
I think the OP's the thing.

If it's mindless bitching, useless.

But if it's a thought-provoking observation/question, it has value.

What follows generally has limited value unless it's a mindful OP returning to clarify their original point.

Overall, I think the value outweighs the time-cost, but I'm pretty sure ALL the mods wish so many here didn't behave like 2 year olds.

Forum List

Back