Going in for Cancer removal surgery tomorrow.

Did they get it all the first time or did they have to cut it again, and again?

The one on my leg required one recut. The one on my hand they got the first time. I was in and out in about 3 hours for the recut. It was all relatively painless. In fact, the first lidocaine shot was the worst part.

The one on my leg required one recut. The one on my hand they got the first time. I was in and out in about 3 hours for the recut. It was all relatively painless. In fact, the first lidocaine shot was the worst part.
Do they inject more of the lidocaine for a second cut?

Can my hubby sit in there with me during the 45 minute wait periods? Can I crochet, read a book, or get on the internet during the wait period? Can I sleep? :)

Care4all my wife had a similar experience same general area. She had MOHS and it left a teeny tiny mark that is barely noticeable.

All the best for you!

Try to stay calm

Of course I should have gone to sleep hours ago! The surgery is in the early morning and the doc office is an hours drive from where we are....but as usually for crud like this, I am wide awake and can't fall asleep!

Best wishes for a successful procedure and good healing!

When I was 4-6 years old and lived in Puerto Rico, we used Coppertone and Sea and Ski suntan lotion... The only ones available at the time....one was an SPF 4, and the other SPF 6.
And then at around 19 to 20 years old and moved back to Florida, I went to the Miami Grand Prix with newly made friends without any sunscreen on...I burnt my face so badly, it blistered and then a few weeks later it peeled off in chunks.... If I were to pick a day when this skin cancer got its damage needed in me, it was this event!

About two months ago, I had a skin cancer check with a dermatologist, and the minute the Physician Assistant walked in the room, before me even undressing for the body cancer check, she saw a mole on my face, looked at it, said I'm certain that is Basal Cell Cancer let me biopsy it, stuck numbing needle in, and that's that....next day, got a call it was cancer and them trying to set up the appointment to have something called MOHS surgery to have it removed....

Basically, they cut it out, then they examine it for cancer in the edges of the cut, I'll wait 45 minutes for results, if there is more, they will cut again, I wait again 45 minutes for results if there is cancer still then they cut out more and this is repeated until they get it all....it could take the whole day or half day....

This mole showed up during the COVID epidemic, it took months to get in with my doctor and she thought it was nothing...I knew it was not nothing....it showed up out if nowhere....but then Matt damaged his Rotator cuff and we dealt with that and surgery the next year and then after that we found out he had prostate cancer and then the radiation treatments, and then I finally got my doctor to give me a referral to a dermatologist, and it took 8 months to get the appointment....

Anyway.....here I am, 4 years later and finally, getting it removed!

It's right under the circle under my eye, near the nose.... I hope the doc works a miracle and it doesn't leave a bad scar....:(
Best wishes, Care!

About two months ago, I had a skin cancer check with a dermatologist, and the minute the Physician Assistant walked in the room, before me even undressing for the body cancer check, she saw a mole on my face, looked at it, said I'm certain that is Basal Cell Cancer let me biopsy it, stuck numbing needle in, and that's that....next day, got a call it was cancer and them trying to set up the appointment to have something called MOHS surgery to have it removed....

Basically, they cut it out, then they examine it for cancer in the edges of the cut, I'll wait 45 minutes for results, if there is more, they will cut again, I wait again 45 minutes for results if there is cancer still then they cut out more and this is repeated until they get it all....it could take the whole day or half day....

This mole showed up during the COVID epidemic, it took months to get in with my doctor and she thought it was nothing...I knew it was not nothing....it showed up out if nowhere....but then Matt damaged his Rotator cuff and we dealt with that and surgery the next year and then after that we found out he had prostate cancer and then the radiation treatments, and then I finally got my doctor to give me a referral to a dermatologist, and it took 8 months to get the appointment....

It's right under the circle under my eye, near the nose.... I hope the doc works a miracle and it doesn't leave a bad scar....:(
Care4all, thank you for sharing your story with us. It makes me feel sad to hear of it and I hope that doc works a miracle and saves you from any further pain and misery. You're a beautiful person and my thoughts will be with you from now until we hear back from you that everything is going to be just fine. What a worrisome time you have had. :itsok:

God bless you and good luck. Be strong.

You are loved.
Trust God.

Sounds like a pretty common procedure, hope it goes smoothly for you. I am going to schedule an appt. with my doctor, I had what I thought was a pimple on my shoulder, and it is now a smooth, and black, no pain or swelling, but makes me a little concerned it could be cancerous.

I will pray for you. Hope all is well

She made the first cut, I am in the waiting mode....for the results...

Forum List

Back