Going in for Cancer removal surgery tomorrow.

She got it all! Waiting to be stitched back up!

So you were on here posting in the middle of your surgery?

My mom had the exact same thing happen last year, except the ''mole'' was on the back of her neck. They had to take a pretty deep chunk out of it to get it all.

So you were on here posting in the middle of your surgery?

My mom had the exact same thing happen last year, except the ''mole'' was on the back of her neck. They had to take a pretty deep chunk out of it to get it all.
Yes, they injected me with lidocaine around the mole....before cutting out.... It took only 20 to 30 minutes to come back in and say the doc got it all and would be back in to stitch me up after she was done seeing two other patients she was doing surgeries on....that was about 20 minute wait till she returned. They let Matt stay in the room with me, but when the cutting and stitching were done he was out of there! :)

Yes, they injected me with lidocaine around the mole....before cutting out.... It took only 20 to 30 minutes to come back in and say the doc got it all and would be back in to stitch me up after she was done seeing two other patients she was doing surgeries on....that was about 20 minute wait till she returned. They let Matt stay in the room with me, but when the cutting and stitching were done he was out of there! :)

Well it's good that she was able to get it all out.

Well, I just got the stitches removed...i look like a swollen face Frankenstein with a black eye....sigh...i hope it gets better...

About two months ago, I had a skin cancer check with a dermatologist, and the minute the Physician Assistant walked in the room, before me even undressing for the body cancer check, she saw a mole on my face, looked at it, said I'm certain that is Basal Cell Cancer let me biopsy it, stuck numbing needle in, and that's that....next day, got a call it was cancer and them trying to set up the appointment to have something called MOHS surgery to have it removed....

Basically, they cut it out, then they examine it for cancer in the edges of the cut, I'll wait 45 minutes for results, if there is more, they will cut again, I wait again 45 minutes for results if there is cancer still then they cut out more and this is repeated until they get it all....it could take the whole day or half day....

This mole showed up during the COVID epidemic, it took months to get in with my doctor and she thought it was nothing...I knew it was not nothing....it showed up out if nowhere....but then Matt damaged his Rotator cuff and we dealt with that and surgery the next year and then after that we found out he had prostate cancer and then the radiation treatments, and then I finally got my doctor to give me a referral to a dermatologist, and it took 8 months to get the appointment....

Anyway.....here I am, 4 years later and finally, getting it removed!

It's right under the circle under my eye, near the nose.... I hope the doc works a miracle and it doesn't leave a bad scar....:(
Glad you caught it when you did and didn't dismiss it as nothing.

Well, I just got the stitches removed...i look like a swollen face Frankenstein with a black eye....sigh...i hope it gets better...

If it was me, it wouldn't make any difference. I already look like a cross between Santa Clause and Frankenstein.
First I've seen the thread, very happy hear the news was good.

WW

Last edited:
It will....might take a bit but yes, it will get better. It's only been a couple of weeks. We are talking months here for full healing.

It will....might take a bit but yes, it will get better. It's only been a couple of weeks. We are talking months here for full healing.
Thanks John, I needed to hear that!

it was two weeks yesterday...the black eye is almost gone.....it's kind if a yellow color now....

the slice was a straight vertical line, about an inch and a half near my nose on my cheek....well, it is still swollen under the scar, the whole length.....I hope that lump is not scar tissue....sigh.....

the slice itself that was stitched is still red and you can see where the stitches were....which I also pray, goes away.....yes, I guess....with time it may? My dad's scars from skin cancer removal are really hard to see now but he had the surgery 25 years ago....

As a girl, at least I have makeup, in the meantime! 😁

thanks for listening...

Thanks John, I needed to hear that!

it was two weeks yesterday...the black eye is almost gone.....it's kind if a yellow color now....

the slice was a straight vertical line, about an inch and a half near my nose on my cheek....well, it is still swollen under the scar, the whole length.....I hope that lump is not scar tissue....sigh.....

the slice itself that was stitched is still red and you can see where the stitches were....which I also pray, goes away.....yes, I guess....with time it may? My dad's scars from skin cancer removal are really hard to see now but he had the surgery 25 years ago....

As a girl, at least I have makeup, in the meantime! 😁

thanks for listening...
Get better, Care!

Forum List

Back