Did one of the forum get removed?

It's not weird to me. They do not want to have certain threads about certain issues at the top of the forum. But it was an admin that did it since the mods from the forum don't have that power. There was a time when they did, but that time is over.

So, someone had to convince the admin to cut it off.

They did not like the thread about the terrorists being cleaned out at the top of the list, imho.

Now it's in the I/P forum.

And so the Breaking News sub-forum is gone.

It's not weird to me. They do not want to have certain threads about certain issues at the top of the forum. But it was an admin that did it since the mods from the forum don't have that power. There was a time when they did, but that time is over.

So, someone had to convince the admin to cut it off.

They did not like the thread about the terrorists being cleaned out at the top of the list, imho.

Now it's in the I/P forum.

And so the Breaking News sub-forum is gone.
This explains a lot about some recent activity that has annoyed me

Too much talk about muzzy violence in the Land of Israel

This explains a lot about some recent activity that has annoyed me

It's always been that way. We just never were able to speak about it like we can now.

Too much talk about muzzy violence in the Land of Israel

They do like to put a lid on the place. There was a time when the mods were the filthiest posters here. Back then, how they put a lid on the place was to call people (and in the gen forum) the foulest names, change the titles of threads, move members' avatars out and replace them with other graphics. Perm ban and hack the accounts of those who they couldn't perm ban. I saw that personally.

Now they just do this kind of stuff. But both suited the same purposes. When they were stopped from doing that stuff, they have now moved to a different method.

It's always been that way.

They do like to put a lid on the place. There was a time when the mods were the filthiest posters here. Back then, how they put a lid on the place was to call people (and in the gen forum) the foulest names, change the titles of threads, move members' avatars out and replace them with other graphics.

Now they just do this kind of stuff. But both suited the same purposes. When they were stopped from doing that stuff, they have now moved to a different method.
well there is one less forum to get our posts yanked, moved, etc...........less people will be pissed off......all good

well there is one less forum to get our posts yanked, moved, etc...........less people will be pissed off......all good
I only went in that sub-forum for one thread so it's no skin off of my rather large nose.

Good. That was perhaps the most misused forum of all. More than one member thought EVERYTHING they posted was "Breaking News!"

Current Events is as good a place as any for "Breaking News..."
i second that..................it was a clusterfook....now less whining and bitchin

Not to be the guy that constantly defends the mods, but I'm a former member of several forums with horrible moderating, so . . .

If the breaking news forum was removed, I would guess that it was too hard to police, because the rules were so specific. I posted in the "Politics" forum today for the first time in a long time, but halfway through I realized it was taking the fun out of posting to keep checking it against the rules.

Personally, I just try to post in forums where the rules are not so strict. I don't have to stress out that I might inadvertently break a rule, or wonder if the moderator who corrected me had ulterior motives. I'm guessing most of us click on "What's new" rather relying on the list of forums to guide our viewing.

Not to be the guy that constantly defends the mods, but I'm a former member of several forums with horrible moderating, so . . .

If the breaking news forum was removed, I would guess that it was too hard to police, because the rules were so specific. I posted in the "Politics" forum today for the first time in a long time, but halfway through I realized it was taking the fun out of posting to keep checking it against the rules.

Personally, I just try to post in forums where the rules are not so strict. I don't have to stress out that I might inadvertently break a rule, or wonder if the moderator who corrected me had ulterior motives. I'm guessing most of us click on "What's new" rather relying on the list of forums to guide our viewing.
true, but as long as you stay on topic, you can ram peoples arses if you stay on topic

Cause and effect.

Never forget it.

I spent decades at shul studying "Pilpul". The splitting of hairs with caustic textual analysis.

So I don't think I'll ever not be able to connect the dots.

Ain't double negatives grand?

I spent decades at shul studying "Pilpul". The splitting of hairs with caustic textual analysis.

So I don't think I'll ever not be able to connect the dots.

Ain't double negatives grand?
Did you ever find out how many angels could dance on the head of a pin?

Forum List

Back