You might be a Christian fundamentalist...

BHh5N.jpg

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
Top Ten List

10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.
nobodies perfect. so what's your point? lol. I still love you.

65? I'm a long way off before I reach 65! I'm not even 60 yet! I'm a young grandma! :eusa_angel: And you need to quit worrying about my age young man. I'm sure I'm still old enough to be your mother and you need to respect that! About my sharing Jesus.......

I've been sharing Jesus since I got saved many, many years ago. I love sharing the LORD! It's in my blood.
whatevs gramma. Why don't you go to a food bank or clothing drive instead of foisting your version of rw xstianity on the board members here hr after hr, day after day?
She wouldn't have to if you would stay out of the religion and ethics forum and other places where you are more so than usual, ignorant.

You might be a moon bat atheist if you constantly whine about Christians

You might be an atheist if you never go door-to-door trying to convert theists to atheism.

You might be an atheist if you never tell theists they're going to Hell for being a dick.

You might be an atheist if you never condemn homosexuality.

:)
I do know atheists who condemn homosexuality as perversion.
You might be a dick if you think being an amoral atheist is somehow superior to a person with a moral compass.

65? I'm a long way off before I reach 65! I'm not even 60 yet! I'm a young grandma! :eusa_angel: And you need to quit worrying about my age young man. I'm sure I'm still old enough to be your mother and you need to respect that! About my sharing Jesus.......

I've been sharing Jesus since I got saved many, many years ago. I love sharing the LORD! It's in my blood.
whatevs gramma. Why don't you go to a food bank or clothing drive instead of foisting your version of rw xstianity on the board members here hr after hr, day after day?
She wouldn't have to if you would stay out of the religion and ethics forum and other places where you are more so than usual, ignorant.
I've got to agree with that statement, if you don't want to talk religion, don't come to the religion forum. That is pretty simple to figure out.

As far as respect goes Dot Com does not have any.

I've got to agree with that statement, if you don't want to talk religion, don't come to the religion forum. That is pretty simple to figure out.

And you and I both give him more than he deserves. It's the Christian thing to do.

...said the guy who started posting last week. Save it Francis :talktothehand: vSiding w/ big Urn isn't going to get you very far either considering he has two people here who read his posts- foxfyre & 007.

Why are you atheists not outraged at the Muslim prayer in the Oklahoma capital building? Where is your faux outrage at the Muslims? ...

Not to speak for the atheists (strident pantheist here), but from what I've seen over the years (especially post-9/11), about the only people more demonized by Christians than atheists...are Muslims. So, maybe there's a basis for some degree of empathy between atheists and Muslims. :dunno:

There's also the fact, that at least here in the US, Christianity in its various forms has traditionally held a great deal of political sway over the nation's lawmakers, which has resulted in the promotion of certain 'Christian values' in the legislative arena (always carefully designed to worm out of the intrinsic unconstitutionality of such legal influence, of course), so there's good reason for atheists and other groups to see the Christian Faith as more threatening to a free and open society than any other relgious faction in the United States.

For the most part though, of all the so-called 'strong atheists' I've personally interacted with, their enmity for "religious nuts" has extended to people of all faiths (myself included).

Capstone, I looked up pantheist and it said one who is a pantheist believes in all gods "equally" but your response here does not reflect that because I still detect a strong aversion to Jesus Christ (who is God and there is none other).

The other thing I would like to point out to you is that while you claim that the Christian faith is more threatening to a free and open society than any other religious faction in the USA I would say the facts of history prove you wrong.

Look at any nation that has removed the bible - freedom to own a bible and the more oppression you see against Christianity? The more closed and prison like the society. Whether it be China? Russia? Romania? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Iran? North Korea? It's always the same. No bible? No freedom!! Great freedom of the bible and preaching the Gospel? Great freedom to the nation and prosperity in all ways. That is how it has been down through history. That is how it shall continue to be.

I've no intention of getting into a lengthy debate with you, Jeremiah. So, if I fail to respond further after this post, take it as an indication that you've beaten me into submission with your sparkling personality...and go skipping along on your merry way. ;)

...I looked up pantheist and it said one who is a pantheist believes in all gods "equally" but your response here does not reflect that because I still detect a strong aversion to Jesus Christ (who is God and there is none other). ...

I think you may have stumbled onto a very stunted definition. For me, pantheism is more a philosophical doctrine than a religious one, in which the the totality of existence is equivalent to divinity, in very much the same way the totality of interconnected body systems is equivalent to one organic being. The hand of God is not the sum total of God's being; it is nonetheless an aspect of the divine. As are you, Jeri.

More to your point though, quoting William Mander, pantheism can be characterized as "the rejection of any view that considers God as distinct from the universe",...which, obviously, would include Christianity.

jeremiah said:
...The other thing I would like to point out to you is that while you claim that the Christian faith is more threatening to a free and open society than any other religious faction in the USA I would say the facts of history prove you wrong.

Look at any nation that has removed the bible - freedom to own a bible and the more oppression you see against Christianity? The more closed and prison like the society. Whether it be China? Russia? Romania? Afghanistan? Pakistan? Iran? North Korea? It's always the same. No bible? No freedom!! Great freedom of the bible and preaching the Gospel? Great freedom to the nation and prosperity in all ways. That is how it has been down through history. That is how it shall continue to be.

Notice that my statement was in reference to the intrinsically unconstitutional influence on lawmakers in the United States. That's the history that's relevant here. The Bible has routinely been cited by apologists for the worst form of social injustices, namely those propped up by legislators of the past and present. It was true of slavery, segregation, and the subjugation of women; and it remains true today of the ongoing efforts to overturn Roe v. Wade and to "protect the traditional family". It's also a major factor in the horrendous foreign policies that continue to stain our country's reputation with the blood of innocents on the other side of the globe. The fact that a relatively few 'enlightened Christians' (to fill my oxymoron quota for the day) were involved in rectifying some of the past injustices doesn't alter the history. AMERICAN history.

...said the guy who started posting last week. Save it Francis :talktothehand: vSiding w/ big Urn isn't going to get you very far either considering he has two people here who read his posts- foxfyre & 007.
:haha::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rolleyes:

You might be an atheist if you never go door-to-door trying to convert theists to atheism.

You might be an atheist if you never tell theists they're going to Hell for being a dick.

You might be a dick if you think being an amoral atheist is somehow superior to a person with a moral compass.

Atheists are just as moral as anyone else.

More I'd say since our morality isn't based on the promise of being rewarded. We're good simply because doing good makes us feel good.

More I'd say since our morality isn't based on the promise of being rewarded. We're good simply because doing good makes us feel good.
:eusa_clap: your moral superiority is awe inspiring.

Top Ten Signs You're a Fundamentalist Christian
Top Ten List
10 - You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of yours.

God and gods are completly different things. No god is god. There's nothing to compare.

9 - You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from other life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt.

Dust - the word we are normally using is dust - not dirt: "for dust you are and to dust you will return" . Science told us: dust was produced in the stars. The history is much more nice than we thought first.

8 - You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Triune God.

What a nonsense. You don't understand what "triune" (three-one) is. Let me give you an example where three things are the same: You are able to move in the space forward-backward, up-down and left-right - but there's only space in all directions.

7 - Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" including women, children, and trees!

The children of the Jews did not die in those days, because their parents made a sign of blood on the entrance door, while the devils of death were on their way through Egypt. The others died because the pharao did not like to hear to the voice of god. Today the story is maybe comparable to an american president who has a red button and someone tells him "Do not press this red button" - but he presses the red button and this will not kill enemies of the Americans but Americans.

6 - You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

What's the planet you are living on? Did you ever see Christians celebrate Christmas by slaughtering Hinduists?

5 - You are willing to spend your life looking for little loopholes in the scientifically established age of Earth (few billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by Bronze Age tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that Earth is a few generations old.

We say: „In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god. He was with god in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. ...“

4 - You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects - will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving."

Could be interesting to hear what you tell the doctors and others in an emergency room how they have to do their job.

3 - While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to "prove" Christianity.

It seems to me you are thinking science is a religion. But science is not a religion. Scientists have completly different religions.

2 - You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

I‘m sure you will think in another way about such problems, if someone saved the life of your child - and even if someone was not able to save the life of your child. Some problems are really serios problems and it‘s not enough to write on a british bus: „Be happy because god is not existing“

1 - You actually know a lot less than many atheists and agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history - but still call yourself a Christian.

A wonderful thing if our enemies know more about us than we know about us. But that's nothing new: the world is a miracle.

Last edited:

true....it is their intelligence that's in question.......

The thing that really sets me off against thumpers is their need to shove their mythology in everyone's faces.

ima9.gif

Forum List

Back