Wildfire Smoke Clouds Sky, Hurts Air Quality on East Coast

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This year the wildfire smoke isn't just staying in the west. It's now traveling across the nation to the east coast. Going through all the states along the way.

The wildfires this year are like most years before, worse than the last year.

Climate change has been here since the 90s. Even though some people want to deny it.

The effects of climate change have been happening here in the west since the 90s. Now, it's destroying forests, deserts, homes, livestock, wildlife and killing humans. In the 90s, it was the beginning of the melting of areas that had not melted before. Such as ice caves in Washington or permafrost in Alaska.

This year the wildfire smoke isn't just staying in the west. It's now traveling across the nation to the east coast. Going through all the states along the way.

Climate change has been here since the 90s. Even though some people want to deny it.

The effects of climate change have been happening here in the west since the 90s. Now, it's destroying forests, deserts, homes, livestock, wildlife and killing humans. In the 90s, it was the beginning of the melting of areas that had not melted before. Such as ice caves in Washington or permafrost in Alaska.

Climate change has been here since the 90s.

Climate change has been here since before the dinosaurs.

Pft. Every drug and chemical company in the world is based here in the area.

Smoke is the least of the worries.

What do you think killed the dinosaurs moron. Did humans cause that one too? Maybe dinosaur farts, eh? The sky is falling, the sky is falling. One thing is certain in this world--the weather changes by the minute.

Image-1237.png

The reason for the drop off in the 40s up to 2000 is because we learned how to suppress forest fires. It literally says so in the document that chart was ripped from (though you took it from a right wing idiot blog where it was given no context):

"Between 1945 and 2000, fire suppression substantially reduced annual acreage burned. Since 2000, an increase in area burned has occurred, although it has not yet reached the levels recorded between 1925 and 1960. Figure 16-1 summarizes"

Nothing to see here, folks.

I really can't dumb it down any further for you. Sorry.
Hey can you dumb it down some more for me too? Its funny that you cast dispersions on the chart because it lacked context but don’t give your “this year is worse than last year“ comment the context that the increase is from the lowest levels in century.

Hey can you dumb it down some more for me too?
I really cannot. Sorry.
It's funny that you cast dispersions on the chart
*aspersions. Casting aspersions is dispersing aspersions. And i didn't cast any aspersions on the chart anyway.

because it lacked context but don’t give your “this year is worse than last year“ comment
That wasn't my comment, but i will stand by it anyway, because...

the context that the increase is from the lowest levels in century.
...I actually did do this, as anyone can see right in my post higher up on this very page:

"Since 2000, an increase in area burned has occurred, although it has not yet reached the levels recorded between 1925 and 1960. "

Lke i said...i can't dumb it down any further than finding it and spoonfeeding it to you. And this message board doesn't have the option to make posts using only simple shapes and crayons.

climate change has been around long before the 90s

If Yellowstone ever blows, or a large asteroid impacts, the climate will change dramatically and quickly far exceeding what puny humans can do.

As far as the smoke, MN was really thick yesterday due to the CA and Manitoba fires that combined are riding the jet stream to the east.
Not the end of the friggin world.
In fact the moon looked really cool last night.

If Yellowstone ever blows, or a large asteroid impacts, the climate will change dramatically and quickly far exceeding what puny humans can do.
And if it lands on your car, your seat belt won't help you. Down with seat belts!

I dont hear you pricks crying about all the smoke from mexico when they burn the sugar cain fields every year.

Forum List

Back