How do you answer spam calls?

I mix it up. Sometimes if itā€™s a chick on the other end, I put on my sexy voice and ask her what color panties sheā€™s wearing. Actually had one tell me and continue the pitch. I lost it and hung up on herā€¦

I actually received one just a little bit ago and this time a message was left. It concerned my credit card, and it was a female sounding automated voice doing the talking. They were trying to make me think that my card is connected to a fraud occurrence. The name on the ID says Spam Risk and so I am not going to take what was said too seriously especially when I watch my credit card activity online like a hawk anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I actually received one just a little bit ago and this time a message was left. It concerned my credit card, and it was a female sounding automated voice doing the talking. They were trying to make me think that my card is connected to a fraud occurrence. The name on the ID says Spam Risk and so I am not going to take what was said too seriously especially when I watch my credit card activity online like a hawk anyway.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
One great thing about banking at a small local bank, they all know me by name and they actually get to me immediately whenever something hinky might have happened with one of my accounts, so whenever I get that mechanical sounding female voice i know it's "fun time"!

God bless you always!!!

Holly
My favorite is when they tell me there's a problem with my card and hang up after I ask them what my name is.

If I donā€™t recognize the number I generally do t answer. If I do answer and itā€™s immediately obvious my response is ā€œJoeā€™s Mortuaryā€¦ You stab ā€˜em, we slab ā€˜em.ā€™ā€

I am worried a bit ā€¦

got a call on my smartphone from Columbia, south america

i dont know anybody there

so i did not accept the call

is Columbia famous for such calls?

You can't insult these people. Most probably don't even speak English and read off a script. The current caller I.D. scam is to use local towns so you tend to answer the phone. Hang up or ignore the call is about all you can do.

ok this is what you do!
I dont have caller id. Because I have free long distance- which I always thought was a mistake... so i never signed up for it.

let it ring- pick it up. Do not say hello.
all you will hear- is click- click click-
and that's it.
Now if it was a real call -a person says hello - hello- are you there. Laugh... try it.

ok this is what you do!
I dont have caller id. Because I have free long distance- which I always thought was a mistake... so i never signed up for it.

let it ring- pick it up. Do not say hello.
all you will hear- is click- click click-
and that's it.
Now if it was a real call -a person says hello - hello- are you there. Laugh... try it.
I always like the delay. You answers and then you hear the sales guy quickly pick up the phone on his end.

I always like the delay. You answers and then you hear the sales guy quickly pick up the phone on his end.
That delay is all just the automated dialer waiting for one of the salespeople to free up so he can connect the call. Hold on and listen sometime. If it takes too long to connect, it'll just drop the call, put your number back in the queue and they'll call you again in a while. The delay is how you know you're getting a cold call and you can mess with them.

years ago- I-used to talk to this guy- He was a BOT! I was fooled.

last week I got a political poll.

Cyndi will you answer a few political questions.? local and national....
My answer- no.
Why?
because I do NOT trust you!
I got an answer- I didn't expect-

The dude said - why am I wasting my breath then? kind of nasty...
I said- you shouldn't be- have a good day.
Do not answer political polls IN this environment-
you will get on a list- and as tempting as it seems- Do NOT DO IT!

90% of the time I immediately hang up and add them to the block list.

If I am in the mood I do a pretty bad stereotype Chinese accent and say.......

"No no I don't buy from you, you buy from me. I sell sharkfin soup that's why you call me, you want to buy shark fin soup. So how much you want to buy? It good stuff, it make your dick so hard you put a girl on your dick you don't even have to hold her, she stay on it like a coat hook" and other such nonsense.

And I pretend to be a Chinese guy selling sharkfin soup until they hang up.

That delay is all just the automated dialer waiting for one of the salespeople to free up so he can connect the call. Hold on and listen sometime. If it takes too long to connect, it'll just drop the call, put your number back in the queue and they'll call you again in a while. The delay is how you know you're getting a cold call and you can mess with them.
I see!

90% of the time I immediately hang up and add them to the block list.

If I am in the mood I do a pretty bad stereotype Chinese accent and say.......

"No no I don't buy from you, you buy from me. I sell sharkfin soup that's why you call me, you want to buy shark fin soup. So how much you want to buy? It good stuff, it make your dick so hard you put a girl on your dick you don't even have to hold her, she stay on it like a coat hook" and other such nonsense.

And I pretend to be a Chinese guy selling sharkfin soup until they hang up.

I have tried a few times just screaming about how something's burning on the stove and dropping the phone, and then just going on with my day, leaving them to waste some time. It's time they didn't spend pestering someone else.

Just donā€™t answer them

I never even consider answering a number that I donā€™t recognize

If itā€™s important, theyā€™ll text or leave a voicemail

Forum List

Back