Climate Change Over the Millennia

The fight to prevent climate change will be ended in America after the big win for the Republican party in the coming election.

How will that influence the rest of the world's countries?

It will almost certainly kill nearly all efforts on account of the world's countries will be at a disadvantage to compete.

Then the fight to control climate change will only be renewed as the consequences are seen and felt.

Yes, if they are severe enough.

Right now, the brewhaha around the temperatures in Phoenix are a good example.

If people are anything, they are annoyed at the lack of a break....which we did get and have another one on the horizion.
This is Phoenix in July. It's what we expect and get.

We've set NO RECORD temperatures.

Now, do I believe that all is well.....NO.

I do think it is time to address this for what it represents....a long term threat.

Is it a "mass extinction" kind of thing.......no.

Yes, if they are severe enough.

Right now, the brewhaha around the temperatures in Phoenix are a good example.

If people are anything, they are annoyed at the lack of a break....which we did get and have another one on the horizion.
This is Phoenix in July. It's what we expect and get.

We've set NO RECORD temperatures.

Now, do I believe that all is well.....NO.

I do think it is time to address this for what it represents....a long term threat.

Is it a "mass extinction" kind of thing.......no.
Human life on the earth has evolved to suit a small portion of the earth's surface. Severe climate change will lead to mass extinction in habitable areas, or cause mass migrations in search of same.

Human life on the earth has evolved to suit a small portion of the earth's surface. Severe climate change will lead to mass extinction in habitable areas, or cause mass migrations in search of same.

Human life on the earth has evolved to suit a small portion of the earth's surface.

How small? 80%?

Human life on the earth has evolved to suit a small portion of the earth's surface.

How small? 80%?
No, it's generous to say that 15% of the earth's surface is habitable.

29% of 43%.

But stay with me on this, because it's going to be informative for the denialists.

Last edited:
29% of the land? That's a lot.
I'm happy that you are afraid to challenge what I've said.

Less than 15% of the earth's surface is quite a long way from 80%.

Had the earth's surface been 80% habitable human life would have evolved very differently, or more likely not at all as we know it.

I'm happy that you are afraid to challenge what I've said.

Had the earth's surface been 80% habitable human life would have evolved very differently, or more likely not at all as we know it.

29% of the land. That's not small. How many square miles is that?

What mass extinctions do we need to worry about?

What mass migrations?

With you it's a matter of you deciding how unwell it is.

I think that applies to everyone. We can all see the data and even the conclusions through our unique sets of filters.
You can believe climate science or you can invent your own science.

No need to invent anything. The real trick is understanding what the REAL climate science is.

Forum List

Back