Why should we take Sweden’s approach to COVID?

Kaiser Health are “conservatives”?
Link?

And where In your link did they say it was “the best plan”?
Conservatives have developed a fascination with Sweden’s hands-off approach to the coronavirus — an unexpected twist for a country that once served as a Republican punchline for Bernie Sanders jokes. On the surface, Sweden’s approach to containing the coronavirus pandemic is a libertarian dream: Restaurants remain open, as long as they adhere to social-distancing rules. Schools are in session. Salons are in business. And by some metrics, Sweden has fared roughly as well as many of its European neighbors, all of which have instituted much stricter lockdown measures

Link?

Conservatives have developed a fascination with Sweden’s hands-off approach to the coronavirus — an unexpected twist for a country that once served as a Republican punchline for Bernie Sanders jokes. On the surface, Sweden’s approach to containing the coronavirus pandemic is a libertarian dream: Restaurants remain open, as long as they adhere to social-distancing rules. Schools are in session. Salons are in business. And by some metrics, Sweden has fared roughly as well as many of its European neighbors, all of which have instituted much stricter lockdown measures

It was an experiment that was contrary to the lockdown bullshit we went through.

Sweden, by their own admission, let the virus into old folks homes. Their numbers have been high ever since.

They are still below France, UK, Italy, Spain in terms of deaths per 1MM population.

They are trending down but not like some others.

The OP is lying sack of shit using cherry picked data to make a false point.

Conservatives Were Certain Sweden’s Plan Was Best

When right-wingers saw that Sweden’s government chose to simply recommend to its people to practice social distancing, but refused to make restrictions mandatory, conservatives here in the U.S. immediately believed they were suffering oppression worse than African-Americans during the centuries of slavery.

Progressives attempted to reason with the righties, but as usual, conservatives were convinced they knew more about the dangers of COVID-19 than all of the experts.

Well, the weeks have passed and Sweden’s plan has proven itself to be a disaster. By April 20, Sweden had nearly ten times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. And today, May 28, Sweden has the highest daily coronavirus death rate in the world, and it’s only going to get worse.

Sweden is lucky in one respect, their mistake isn’t going to be compounded due to the sh!tiest healthcare system in developed countries like that of the United States. (The 100.000 already dead in the U.S. is just the beginning. Conservatives' constitutional right to spread this deadly disease freely is going to cause a massacre.)

Conservatives' denial of fact cannot protect them, but they'll deny that too.

Sweden has the highest daily coronavirus death rate in the world – and it’s getting worse

All of Europe's socialized health care is getting hammered. The death rate is two to three times as much as that of the US.

The death rate is two to three times as much as that of the US.

Yeah, but it's free over there.

I'd almost be O.K. if the NorthEast accelerated their death rate. That, and Detroit.

Less left wing assholes to deal with.
We aren't supposed to wish the solidly blue North East would just cease to be like some long vanished Indian nation. But if they were no more, would America be better off or worse off?

I would be willing to find out if it could somehow be worked out and I think the answer is very obvious.

I'd almost be O.K. if the NorthEast accelerated their death rate. That, and Detroit.

Less left wing assholes to deal with.
We aren't supposed to wish the solidly blue North East would just cease to be like some long vanished Indian nation. But if they were no more, would America be better off or worse off?

I would be willing to find out if it could somehow be worked out and I think the answer is very obvious.

Let's get D.C. in there....and it's on.

They are still below France, UK, Italy, Spain in terms of deaths per 1MM population.

They are trending down but not like some others.

The OP is lying sack of shit using cherry picked data to make a false point.
Death tolls are a lagging indicator. You have to look at their new case rate which is on the proverbial exponential death spike. Those numbers determinate if their plan was viable.

Conservatives Were Certain Sweden’s Plan Was Best

When right-wingers saw that Sweden’s government chose to simply recommend to its people to practice social distancing, but refused to make restrictions mandatory, conservatives here in the U.S. immediately believed they were suffering oppression worse than African-Americans during the centuries of slavery.

Progressives attempted to reason with the righties, but as usual, conservatives were convinced they knew more about the dangers of COVID-19 than all of the experts.

Well, the weeks have passed and Sweden’s plan has proven itself to be a disaster. By April 20, Sweden had nearly ten times the number of COVID-19-related deaths than its Nordic neighbors. And today, May 28, Sweden has the highest daily coronavirus death rate in the world, and it’s only going to get worse.

Sweden is lucky in one respect, their mistake isn’t going to be compounded due to the sh!tiest healthcare system in developed countries like that of the United States. (The 100.000 already dead in the U.S. is just the beginning. Conservatives' constitutional right to spread this deadly disease freely is going to cause a massacre.)

Conservatives' denial of fact cannot protect them, but they'll deny that too.

Sweden has the highest daily coronavirus death rate in the world – and it’s getting worse

Belgium, Spain, UK, Italy and France all have higher death rates than Sweden, so your claim is false.

Link?

Once again I must ask for a link.

Belgium, Spain, UK, Italy and France all have higher death rates than Sweden, so your claim is false.

There are more new cases daily in Sweden than in Italy.

Latest number has Sweden at 639 with 10M population, and Italy with 593 cases with 60M population.

Link?

What I posted was from the link I gave you, that you didn't bother to read. Had you read it, instead of just who posted it so you could bitch about the source, you would have recognized having already read it.

Busted !!!

Last edited:
Link?

What part of the NYC plan did you like best?
Was it putting contagious patients in nursing homes?
National average was 42%
New York had a third that number at 15%

You call that a failed plan?
Do you know math?
What are the raw numbers?

I thought raw numbers were representative. That it was a matter of the numbers as a percentage of population, or cases, or deaths. And New Yorks numbers show it safer to be in a nursing home, than on the streets of new york.

In other states it's the opposite. which is why their nursing home percentages average 42%, and go to 60% or higher.

Again, New York is at 15%

What part of the NYC plan did you like best?
Was it putting contagious patients in nursing homes?
National average was 42%
New York had a third that number at 15%

You call that a failed plan?
Do you know math?
What are the raw numbers?

I thought raw numbers were representative. That it was a matter of the numbers as a percentage of population, or cases, or deaths. And New Yorks numbers show it safer to be in a nursing home, than on the streets of new york.

In other states it's the opposite. which is why their nursing home percentages average 42%, and go to 60% or higher.

Again, New York is at 15%

I thought I had read higher numbers.

Can you please post the link ?

There are more new cases daily in Sweden than in Italy.

Latest number has Sweden at 639 with 10M population, and Italy with 593 cases with 60M population.

What matters is the total death rate of each country after all this is over with. Sweden is beating Italy on that score. Italy may win in the end, but at what cost? Sweden didn't destroy its economy. Italy did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back