Older people would rather die than let Covid-19 harm US economy - GOP Lt Gov

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Patrick, a Texas Republican, praised the president’s focus on the economy on Monday and said that it had “lifted” his heart.

——

It seems a rather bloodthirsty message to me.
What about you guys? Are you willing to sacrifice grandparents or older people if you think it will save the US economy?

You know it won’t stop with the elderly. What about a six-year-old undergoing cancer treatment?

or the obese?

Or the pre-diabetic?

Or hypertension?

do Republicans feel we should just go ahead and make it a clean sweep and start over with a healthier country?

What if it mutates and suddenly begins to affect everyone? Then what? End it showing this kind of disregard for peoples lives help or hurt politically?

1590272008921.png

• Banned
more silliness from you
That’s from the lieutenant governor of Texas, Daniel Patrick. It’s not from me. I couldn’t even conceive of something like that. I’m not that kind of person.

Why would you think it’s from me?

• Banned

1590272244190.jpeg

Patrick went on Fox News on Monday evening to defend comments he made last month where he said he would rather die from the widely spreading coronavirus than see the economy destroyed for his children and grandchildren.

“I’m sorry to say that I was right on this and I’m thankful that now we are now finally beginning to open up Texas and other states because it’s been long overdue,” he told interview host Tucker Carlson.

——
This isn’t fake, this is coming from the lieutenant governor of Texas. And I’m really insulted that anyone would think that I would think like a Republican. I would never suggest letting a segment of the population die to keep the economy going.

and this is coming from the Texas Tribune.

do Republicans feel we should just go ahead and make it a clean sweep and start over with a healthier country?
The country is healthy.

The numbers are being fixed.

But you seriously need some help.
No the numbers are not being fixed. Unless the governor of Florida is hiding the numbers or some of the other red states where the governors are keeping the public from knowing how many are actually dying.

for the nation, the curve is almost flat because in New York in the tri-state area, the numbers have gone way down, in the rest of the country the numbers are still going up and that’s why nationwide the curve is more flat.

1590272687404.jpeg

they can STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what's so hard to understand about that????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick went on Fox News on Monday evening to defend comments he made last month where he said he would rather die from the widely spreading coronavirus than see the economy destroyed for his children and grandchildren.
Deanie boy, Mr Patrick said that "He" would rather die. The man was talking about himself and not anyone else.
You really need to get a grip on reality. ... :cuckoo:

Deanie boy, Mr Patrick said that "He" would rather die. The man was talking about himself and not anyone else.
..ever since Mr Trump was elected, they CAN'T think in reality /logical terms

OK, I don’t know why you get mad at me. I was just posting the lieutenant governor of Texas was saying.

And I was asking if you agreed with him. And then I’m being mocked and harassed. I don’t understand why that’s fair. So are you saying you agree with him? Or not? Those are the questions I was asking.

No the numbers are not being fixed. Unless the governor of Florida is hiding the numbers or some of the other red states where the governors are keeping the public from knowing how many are actually dying.

Yes, they are...they are adding people who have died during the pandemic, that are unrelated to Covid-19. If someone dies from a natural cause during the pandemic, they would simply add that to the status. Because, since it occurred during the pandemic, it should be calculated into the "Numbers of Covid-19 deaths".

Do some research and you will see.

DerpsterDean get a grip on reality?:auiqs.jpg:

The problem is the choice betwixt liberty and safety in not in the hands of the public

~S~

That’s nonsense and you know better. what would just his one death do? Nothing.

This is what he said:

I just think there are lots of grandparents out there in this country, like me, I have six grandchildren, that what we all care about and what we love more than anything are those children. And I want to live smart and see through this, but I don’t want the whole country to be sacrificed…I’ve talked to hundreds of people, Tucker, and just in the last week, making calls all the time, and everyone says pretty much the same thing.

.......a lot of old people know they are in the twilight years and they are going to die soon

DerpsterDean get a grip on reality?:auiqs.jpg:
You should write the lieutenant governor of Texas. Not me. Unless you’re saying you agree with him. Is that what you’re saying?

Forum List

Back