‘Keep your filthy hands off Trump Tower!’

Have you ever been in a Trump Hotel? I went to Sunday Brunch at Trump Hotel Toronto not long after it opened in 2013. A friend in the travel industry had to write a "candid" review for her company's website and took me as her guest. The restaurant was on the top floor so I only saw the lobby, the elevator and the restaurant. The decor was very masculine in the lobbies - dark wood, rich brown leather. More "men's club" than luxury hotel.

The restaurant was light and airy by comparison, with a wall of southern facing windows overlooking "Banker's Canyon" at King & Bay. The brunch was OK. It was a buffet with high end choices - cornish hen, souffles, etc. It was well prepared, but the food was more warm than hot.

I ordered a Moscow Mule - vodka & ginger beer. $18 in 2013!!! Brunch for two - with one drink each - $150 before tip. So no, I wouldn't be going back at that price. The Hot House (our usual Sunday Brunch spot), is only 3 blocks away, and it was $25 per person. And the food is better, and it's hot.

The immigrants would probably want better.

Cheap racist Canuck.

Actually, it is strictly against the law to impose overly harsh penalties or illegal search and seizures on someone for political reasons or otherwise.
Prohibitions on illegal seizures do not apply to seizures of property arising from a legal lien on that property from a lawsuit. The court can place a lien on a property and seize that property if the judgment is not paid.

The court has to give the person a certain amount of time to pay the judgment before they can seize the properties, But the liens can be put in place immediately.

Last edited:
Prohibitions on illegal seizures do not apply to seizures of property arising from a legal lien on that property from a lawsuit. The court can place a lien on a property and seize that property if the judgment is not paid.

The court has to give the person a certain amount of time to pay the judgment before they can seize the properties, But the liens can be put in place immediately.
The problem with that is they fine was massively excessive, especially since there was no actual crime or laws broken.

They just rigged the court so a pervert judge who was paid $13 million by Biden to find Trump guilty of not a God Damned thing could fine him over $400 million.

Guess which amendment to the constitution does this break?

The Eighth Amendment (Amendment VIII) to the United States Constitution protects against imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishments. This amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791, along with the rest of the United States Bill of Rights.[1] The amendment serves as a limitation upon the state or federal government to impose unduly harsh penalties on criminal defendants before and after a conviction. This limitation applies equally to the price for obtaining pretrial release and the punishment for crime after conviction.[2] The phrases in this amendment originated in the English Bill of Rights of 1689.
The Supreme Court has held that the Excessive Fines Clause prohibits fines that are "so grossly excessive as to amount to a deprivation of property without due process of law". The Court struck down a fine as excessive for the first time in United States v. Bajakajian (1998). Under the Excessive Bail Clause, the Supreme Court has held that the federal government cannot set bail at "a figure higher than is reasonably calculated" to ensure the defendant's appearance at trial. The Supreme Court has ruled that the Excessive Fines Clause and the Cruel and Unusual Punishments Clause apply to the states, but has not done this regarding the Excessive Bail Clause.

Donald Trump sent out a frantic fundraising plea centered around the possibility that Trump Tower might be seized as part of the massive New York fraud judgment leveled against him.

The former president's lawyers notified the court that none of 30 underwriting entities they approached would finance the half-billion bond he needs to pay as he appeals the fraud judgment, which means the New York attorney general's office could begin seizing his properties next week if he fails to pay by Monday's deadline.

"KEEP YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF TRUMP TOWER!" reads a fundraising email sent to supporters. "Insane radical Democrat AG Letitia James wants to SEIZE my properties in New York. THIS INCLUDES THE ICONIC TRUMP TOWER!"

"Democrats think this will intimidate me," the message adds. "They think that if they take my cash to stifle my campaign, that I'll give up! Here's one thing they don't know: WE WILL NEVER SURRENDER!"

More at the line below...

‘Keep your filthy hands off Trump Tower!’

Monday is the deadline before they start seizing Trump properties. Does Trump have a backup plan? Will Trump's fundraising pitch to his supporters be enough to get him bonded? What do you think?
Trump Tower might do even better under new management. I think seizing it might be a very good idea.

The problem with that is they fine was massively excessive, especially since there was no actual crime or laws broken.

They just rigged the court so a pervert judge who was paid $13 million by Biden to find Trump guilty of not a God Damned thing could fine him over $400 million.

Guess which amendment to the constitution does this break?
That's up yo the appelatecourt to decide. Courts and courts alone have the authority to determine if a fine is excessive. Trump c a n plead hiscase but the court makes the call.

But he still has to pay the bond if he wants to prevent enforcement of the ruling during the appeal. That is how judgments work.

That's up yo the appelatecourt to decide. Courts and courts alone have the authority to determine if a fine is excessive. Trump c a n plead hiscase but the court makes the call.

But he still has to pay the bond if he wants to prevent enforcement of the ruling during the appeal. That is how judgments work.
Of course this case will be overturned on appeal. Trump won't owe these bastards a plug nickle.

The whole purpose of this is election interference. Nothing more.

My guess it this prick judge is going to cause such a mess in NYC. Nobody will want to operate a business within his jurisdiction.

Right now businesses are exploring moving to other cities, so NYC will suffer greatly.

Forum List

Back