What path are we on...do we continue to decriminalize until we have no criminals?

BrokeLoser

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2016
MEXIFORNIA
As the average citizen of America becomes of less ‘quality’ we continue to rewrite laws to favor those who can’t follow the rules.
So...where are we headed? The writing is on the wall...no?

As the average citizen of America becomes of less ‘quality’ we continue to rewrite laws to favor those who can’t follow the rules.

Decriminalization shouldn't be the key, more intelligent, reasonable punishment, coupled with fair chances for those who are redeemable and can be rehabilitated should be a goal. Of course you don't give serial murderers leniency, but you should explore it with the most obvious cases of less violent, less career oriented criminals.

Wait so are you for more rules and regulations or for less?

I’ll bite...I know where you want to go with this.
You think enforcement of law and order means more government...you’re wrong.
I’m for aggressively enforcing laws and restoring order. No community should ever be run by criminals in the United States.

I’m for aggressively enforcing laws and restoring order. No community should ever be run by criminals in the United States.
That’s fine but it’s also different from your OP. You are objecting to modifying laws because you think it will cater to criminals. But would you sing the same tune with deregulation?

Why am I not surprised that you think the country with the highest incarceration rate isn't locking enough people up? :p

A nation founded on law and order has let in far too many who don’t fit in, don’t have the iQ and don’t understand consequences and accountability.
Do you want to tailor the rules to better fit the lowest grade?

That’s fine but it’s also different from your OP. You are objecting to modifying laws because you think it will cater to criminals. But would you sing the same tune with deregulation?

False equivalency bud...regulation / deregulation of industry and commerce has nothing to do with criminality / criminalization.
Don’t try too hard bud.

Why am I not surprised that you think the country with the highest incarceration rate isn't locking enough people up? :p

A nation founded on law and order has let in far too many who don’t fit in, don’t have the iQ and don’t understand consequences and accountability.
Do you want to tailor the rules to better fit the lowest grade?

Good job avoiding my point.

False equivalency bud...regulation / deregulation of industry and commerce has nothing to do with criminality / criminalization.
Don’t try too hard bud.
But they are similar. Laws and regulations are set up to protect and serve the general welfare of our citizens. Laws are usingally there to protect people from harm and keep order. Regulations are there to protect people from being abused, deceived, and also harmed often from business. They aren’t so different.

Do you support more laws and less regulations. If so then why?

Don’t try too hard bud.
But they are similar. Laws and regulations are set up to protect and serve the general welfare of our citizens. Laws are usingally there to protect people from harm and keep order. Regulations are there to protect people from being abused, deceived, and also harmed. They aren’t so different.

I support common sense, there half the laws and regulations were just deleted.

Don’t try too hard bud.
But they are similar. Laws and regulations are set up to protect and serve the general welfare of our citizens. Laws are usingally there to protect people from harm and keep order. Regulations are there to protect people from being abused, deceived, and also harmed. They aren’t so different.

Start another thread and I’ll engage. This one is about law and order and not regulations.

Don’t try too hard bud.

Well there we go we can agree. I support common sense too!

And it’s common sense to reform many of our laws and sentencing practices so we aren’t jailing so many people... especially for drug related offenses

Don’t try too hard bud.

And it’s common sense to reform many of our laws and sentencing practices so we aren’t jailing so many people... especially for drug related offenses

Just because I don't want to jail them doesn't mean I don't want to punish them, just saying.

Don’t try too hard bud.

Start another thread and I’ll engage. This one is about law and order and not regulations.
No prob, I’ll stick to laws. Just wanted to plant the seed for the parallel to deregulation as there may be some hypocrisy there. Stronger regulation of our citizens from the police via law enforcement vs. less regulation of our businesses... doesn’t really add up

Don’t try too hard bud.

Just because I don't want to jail them doesn't mean I don't want to punish them, just saying.
What do you have in mind?

No.

The thread premise is ridiculous nonsense, an idiotic lie.

Laws are not being ‘rewritten’ to ‘favor’ anyone.

Where do conservatives come up with this garbage – do they dream it up on their own or get it from crazy rightwing websites.

Don’t try too hard bud.

No prob, I’ll stick to laws. Just wanted to plant the seed for the parallel to deregulation as there may be some hypocrisy there. Stronger regulation of our citizens from the police via law enforcement vs. less regulation of our businesses... doesn’t really add up

Fine but the punishment increases. You traffic or sell drugs, death penalty, summary execution the next day. We'll clean this mess up quickly. Your country traffics drugs into our country we bomb your capital city to rubble.

Don’t try too hard bud.

What do you have in mind?

You steal, public beating.

Forum List

Back