Expect other auto manufacturers to do the same, analysts say, as Ford announces decision to delay EV production at Oakville plant until 2027

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't get it, it's almost as if they think we are some police state that violates citizens rights a la the old Soviet Union.

Others may follow suit. We handed them 10s of billions, maybe 100s of billions and they still may say no. A delay for two years? Yeah, that may be code for, "let's see how we feel in a couple of years"?

Will Ontario/Canada suddenly become a bastion of freedom or able to keep their best and brightest or will the nepotism of the police state kakistocracy continue to expand across industries?

Last edited:
Tesla, the world's largest all-electric car manufacturer, once again increased its potential annual manufacturing output, recently exceeding 2,350,000 units, according to Q3 financial report. That's an increase of 325,000 compared to the previous report (Q2 2023). The year-over-year increase amounted to roughly 450,000.

Common sense TRUMPS the Green Agenda.
No, you are watching the demise of an entire economy, lead by Ontarios collapse.

We are even looking at cutting back on immigration. This is unheard of and the reality that we realize we are no longer able to sustain talent, the Security Industrial Complex has destroyed our markets.

Sure, the FBI and other U.S police forces may still bend the knee obediently to Canadian police. "Good boy Toto", but, people like myself have told them enough that the facts check out. So a few with character in the U.S understand what they are dealing with.

No, you are watching the demise of an entire economy, lead by Ontarios collapse.

We are even looking at cutting back on immigration. This is unheard of and the reality that we realize we are no longer able to sustain talent, the Security Industrial Complex has destroyed our markets.

Sure, the FBI and other U.S police forces may still bend the knee obediently to Canadian police. "Good boy Toto", but, people like myself have told them enough that the facts check out. So a few with character in the U.S understand what they are dealing with.
I don't know the relationships between Canada and the US. I only know that the Green Agenda has been pushed way too hard and way too early. It goes against any common sense approach to fossil fuel vs renewable energy.

I don't know the relationships between Canada and the US. I only know that the Green Agenda has been pushed way too hard and way too early. It goes against any common sense approach to fossil fuel vs renewable energy.
It is a relationship that is hurting Americas standing, I guarantee it.

Every single vehicle that is manufactured has the same issues: There is only a small segment of the buying public that needs or wants that particular package of features. The segments change over time, and it is difficult to predict the future. A manufacturer might have a wonderful vehicle - say, a Ford Bronco - but it's a tiny percentage of the population that wants it AND can afford it.

One thing about EV's that seems to be lost in the cloud of accusations, hysteria, and praise is that they are extremely cheap to operate. I filled my Dodge Journey today at $3.89/gal (Western Pennsylvania), and that's predicted to go higher in the Summer. When I re-charge my Tesla at home - which is utterly painless and is done in my garage - it costs about $8 for two hundred miles of range. The same range in my Journey would be $40.

The higher gasoline prices go, the better EV's will look.

Every single vehicle that is manufactured has the same issues: There is only a small segment of the buying public that needs or wants that particular package of features. The segments change over time, and it is difficult to predict the future. A manufacturer might have a wonderful vehicle - say, a Ford Bronco - but it's a tiny percentage of the population that wants it AND can afford it.

One thing about EV's that seems to be lost in the cloud of accusations, hysteria, and praise is that they are extremely cheap to operate. I filled my Dodge Journey today at $3.89/gal (Western Pennsylvania), and that's predicted to go higher in the Summer. When I re-charge my Tesla at home - which is utterly painless and is done in my garage - it costs about $8 for two hundred miles of range. The same range in my Journey would be $40.

The higher gasoline prices go, the better EV's will look.
There are two things you are not figuring into this equation though.

First, is the initial cost of the EV. Not everyone can afford that outlay. And this? IS WITH the government subsidies.

There are no such things as after market used EVs.

. . . and second, in the poorer, and lower middle class community, there is a whole industry of fixing late model ICE cars, and keeping them running forever.

They are cheap to procure, and keep on the road, compared to an EV. What is the lifespan of an EV? What, OTH, is the lifespan of an ICE vehicle?

This is important for the folks in poverty, and the lower middle classes.

If the government took away ALL subsidies, for hydrocarbon fuel, and for EV vehicles and infrastructure? What then would be the result?

Forum List

Back