The Democrats are wrong. There is doom and gloom in America today. We have economic concerns.

No doubt the country i going in the wrong direction. The question is who is pushing it that way. The right has convinced many to distrust every government agency. Our country cannot survive without a government people support.
Why are you an election denier? Biden won in 2020 and the country has gone to shit.

We have a lot of work to do in America. We need better jobs. We need lower prices of homes. Lower interest rates on home loans. This ain’t like it was back in the 1980s. It was a lot easier for the American people to get into the middle class in the 1980s.

Not to mention the social issues. The catastrophic BLM radical feminist agenda. The mass school shootings in the country. The astronomical rates of depression and single young men and women in this country. We can overcome this by believing in American history and traditions.

Today There is a lot of doom and gloom in America. Most especially for the youth including folks in their 30s

Homelessness Hits Record High After 12% Jump This Year, U.S. Officials Say​

Ana Faguy
Forbes Staff
I cover breaking news.
Dec 15, 2023,04:01pm EST

Even while the S&P 500 is doing good. It is only carried by a few companies. Most of the S&P 500 is under performing. So there are some important point being made about the claim of the “stock market booming” or “Bidens economy roaring”….One most Americans don’t own stocks.

As for Americans who do own stocks most of them don’t have insider information to make a bunch of money on one or a few individual stocks.

Your average American doesn’t have $500,000 to pump into the S&P 500 and hope to make 10% in a year.

Most Americans don’t have enough money to cover a emergency that cost a few thousand dollars.

57% of Americans can’t afford a $1,000 emergency expense, says new report​

Define who “we” is.

How?

The stock markets?

Unemployment rate?

GDP?

The only thing out of whack is maga fuckup crying, whining and pee in pants.
I guess you don't buy things, do you? 70% of Americans say the country is going in the wrong direction and 75% of Americans say they are worse off since Biden took office. Why are you a denier? Hell, Bulldog even admitted that the country has gone to shit. You guys can't make up your minds.

I guess you don't buy things, do you? 70% of Americans say the country is going in the wrong direction and 75% of Americans say they are worse off since Biden took office. Why are you a denier? Hell, Bulldog even admitted that the country has gone to shit. You guys can't make up your minds.
I’m much better off today than I was four years ago.

President Biden admitted what? That you’re a pussy.

No doubt the country i going in the wrong direction. The question is who is pushing it that way. The right has convinced many to distrust every government agency. Our country cannot survive without a government people support.
They launched virus, crashed housing, Russian collusuion, rigged 2020 vote. What’s to Trust? you dumb OX.

The home ownership rate actually declined during Reagan's first four years in office, going from 65.6% in early 1981 to 63.5% in late 1985. It never fully recovered while Reagan was in office. The highest it reached after 1981 was 64.2% in the third quarter of 1987 (LINK). To be fair, it should be noted that the home ownership rate dropped even lower in 2015-2016, under Obama.

Also, the mortgage interest rate remained above 9% for Reagan's entire presidency, with the lowest rate being 9.03% in March 1987 (LINK). Of course, it was well over 10% during Jimmy Carter's last two years in office.

I say these things as a big Reagan fan. Reagan's overall economic record was solid. Presidents cannot wave a magic wand and control activities such as home ownership.
I understand that. At the same time the price of a home today is higher than it’s ever been. And it was easier and quite a few places to get a middle-class job even in the 1980s. But by the late 90s many of the steel and auto plants were closed all over the country. This is certainly the case where I’m from in Buffalo New York. There were three major plants that employed almost 60,000 people if not more. Republic steel, Bethlehem Steel and the Ford plant.

Bethlehem Steel is closed once employed perhaps 25,000 people… Ford employed about 7000 and it only employees 1000 now.. Republic steel had about 10,000 employees and now only around 500. This type of job loss by the 1990s was found all throughout big cities in the country.

There is a big differences today in the plant jobs compared to even 25 years ago. For example, no more equal pay for equal work at Ford after 90 days on the job…. New hires at Ford and other Auto companies are making substantially less than they used to if they’re lucky to even get a job at this type of profession. The pension plan is a lot weaker as well.

I don’t blame Biden alone. I believe that the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars was a disaster for the US economy. It was unnecessary in response to a really bad flu. The blame can go towards leadership from both political parties, who agreed to lockdowns the printing of trillions of dollars which inevitably led to inflation. But in some way, on top of that, cancel culture and wokeness approved by Biden is also not good for society.

There’s also a new danger that we faced today in the USA. And maybe it’s been going on for a few longer than Biden. But it’s on steroids today and that is the idea of anti-Americanism that somehow the USA is evil in the annals of history. We have had mass school shootings since the 1990s starting with columbine and they continue onto this day. But more recently, we’ve had the legalization of marijuana throughout the country. And it is proven that for a segment of marijuana users, they do nothing but sit around all day playing video games. A happy day for them is smoking a bunch of weed in their parents basement or very small apartment and then going to their McDonald’s job. The government is making billions of dollars from the marijuana enterprise. Surely that is a net negative for the economy and society in general.

The third wave feminists , the feminization of men, the rise of BLM has led to the weakening of society. And I have nothing against the strong women in business.. we had female political leaders in the early to middle 20th century anyway like Francis Perkins. But that is the new challenge it’s cancel culture, wokeism , drug legalization and it does affect our countries motivation and economic opportunities imo.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back