Video shows Ahmaud Arbery Was caught breaking and entering an unfinished property, then towards McMichael‘s house

Everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence, even suspects that you have already prejudged ...[snipped]
Except for black people huh?
Who said that?
This is your post right? Video shows Ahmaud Arbery Was caught breaking and entering an unfinished property, then towards McMichael‘s house
"They called the cops, they followed the guy, There was a struggle for the gun and "the robber" was shot.

Where's the presumption of innocence in your statement? Robbery generally involves the taking property unlawfully from a person or place by force or threat of force. When did force or threat of force happen prior to Abery being chased down by the three defendants?
Because he was caught days before by Travis, because he was caught again by McMichaels, he was see putting his hands down his pants the night before like he had a gun, there is a still picture of a hammer on the ground that could be evidence it was stolen and IF THAT IS INDEED A HAMMER! And McMichaels seen him run from property with it, then that is Firsthand knowledge of a breaking of a dwelling with the intention to steal which is a felony in Georgia and you could be stopped with force
Forced to stop after a crime has been committed while on the property if one owns it yes (i.e. get on the ground, hands behind your head, now lay there don't move until the cops get here). Once in the street running, I believe it's out of the owners jurisdiction, and becomes law enforcements matter, otherwise upon the owner reporting the man running away from the scene of the crime to law enforcement.... Yes surveillance from a safe distance is ok, but no closing in on the assailant with guns drawn while out in the street.
View attachment 340149They had every right to stop him if he stole something.. WITH FORCE
"...IF the offense is a felony AND the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion"
What was the FELONY committed?

Open carry and accosting someone while openly armed are NOT the same things. Using a firearm as a means of coercion is not lawful anywhere that I know of.

And you do realize that this is just someone's opinion based on what they were told by the three individuals who are now the defendants in the case? The author of this document makes reference to "witness statements", this is what I was asking you for previously. So far I've only seen the incident report written by the police officer which is a narrative of what Gregory McMichael told him, but I've seen nothing from Travis who is the actual shooter, I wonder why they haven't published that one unless they think it might harm their case.

I don't recall at any point any one of them stating that they were in fear for their lives, have you?

Everyone is entitled to a presumption of innocence, even suspects that you have already prejudged ...[snipped]
Who said that?
This is your post right? Video shows Ahmaud Arbery Was caught breaking and entering an unfinished property, then towards McMichael‘s house
"They called the cops, they followed the guy, There was a struggle for the gun and "the robber" was shot.

Where's the presumption of innocence in your statement? Robbery generally involves the taking property unlawfully from a person or place by force or threat of force. When did force or threat of force happen prior to Abery being chased down by the three defendants?
Because he was caught days before by Travis, because he was caught again by McMichaels, he was see putting his hands down his pants the night before like he had a gun, there is a still picture of a hammer on the ground that could be evidence it was stolen and IF THAT IS INDEED A HAMMER! And McMichaels seen him run from property with it, then that is Firsthand knowledge of a breaking of a dwelling with the intention to steal which is a felony in Georgia and you could be stopped with force
Forced to stop after a crime has been committed while on the property if one owns it yes (i.e. get on the ground, hands behind your head, now lay there don't move until the cops get here). Once in the street running, I believe it's out of the owners jurisdiction, and becomes law enforcements matter, otherwise upon the owner reporting the man running away from the scene of the crime to law enforcement.... Yes surveillance from a safe distance is ok, but no closing in on the assailant with guns drawn while out in the street.
View attachment 340149They had every right to stop him if he stole something.. WITH FORCE
Where does it say it's legal to attempt to apprehend someone WITH FORCE in either of the statutes quoted above?

Who said that?

"...IF the offense is a felony AND the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion"

Open carry and accosting someone while openly armed are NOT the same things. Using a firearm as a means of coercion is not lawful anywhere that I know of.

And you do realize that this is just someone's opinion based on what they were told by the three individuals who are now the defendants in the case? The author of this document makes reference to "witness statements", this is what I was asking you for previously. So far I've only seen the incident report written by the police officer which is a narrative of what Gregory McMichael told him, but I've seen nothing from Travis who is the actual shooter, I wonder why they haven't published that one unless they think it might harm their case.

I don't recall at any point any one of them stating that they were in fear for their lives, have you?
You’re not living in reality the black man ran from a dwelling that did not belong to him after he was warned to stay off of the property by Travis... why should neighbors continue to see a house continually be trespassed on,, when he was caught he ran in what I believe will be a tool he stole from the property.. but you are right the police report doesn’t say much.. and I don’t think that bodes well for Arbery

It's not possible for the McMichaels to have known his intentions and no, only the police can lawfully stop someone utilizing force. Or a bounty hunter.
Of course it is, your son warned him days before to stay off the property, then you see him again running away with something in his hand? How many more times is Arbery going to taunt neighbors with his brazen actions? All actions have consequences.. The boys called him while on the phone with the cops and Arbery attacked a man with a shot gun. Why is that ok? Do you want this neighborhood to continue to be terrorized?
Let all things be done decent and in order.

All things here are way out of order.

That's why we have law and supposed order in this country.

All we are getting is hearsay when talk about he said she said, so at this point the law kicks in to get to the bottom of this mess. Speculation is all over the place, but that doesn't wash in a case that is as volital as this one is .
Well just take the video,, it’s shows all we need an attack on a man with a gun
Well let's see if the investigation states that as fact, otherwise to state what led up to the death of Arbery be it this or that.
To me you can charge them with being stupid but Travis had a right to protect him self.
Not sure how it will go. Without all the evidence to review, it's pure speculation outside of the court proceedings.

we see the video
Not enough. Just one part of it.
It’s enough for me. NOT GUILTY
Ok, for you.
If your the jury, based on what you saw, that’s it.. is he guilty of murder?
Who is guilty of murder ?

When you take a life while engaged in self defense it is not called murder but justifiable homicide.
And you can't claim self-defense when you initiated the confrontation.

How much sense does it make when you have to arm yourself because you don't know whether the person you're intending on confronting is armed or not? And they were so convinced [erroneously] that Arbery was armed that they rolled him over after he lay dead on the ground to see if he had a gun in his hand which he did not [bummer].

Sounds to me they were hoping he was armed to give them an excuse to shoot him and that Greg McMichael was jonsing for his glory days as a cop when he had the authority to chase down bad guys and ruin their day by arresting them. Well most of the time. At least on those days when his powers to arrest hadn't been revoked.
Your excuse for Arbery doesn’t make sense,, the video shows him attacking Travis,, with a shot gun in his hand, was he supposed to freeze and hand him the gun? Why didn’t Arbery demand he put the gun down before he accelerated towards him? There is no grey area, this was self
Defense
Let me ask you something. If it were you in this situation, would it have even crossed your mind what you would do if the person you're wanting to arrest if he fails to cooperate with you? Other people have rights to and when you're not the police and you're attempting to force them to comply with your demands, all kinds of bad things can happen as we see in this case.

If nothing else, the McMichaels will likily be found liable for Arbery's wrongful death and it's much easier to prevail in a civil suit than a criminal one but if the family prevails in criminal court, the civil case should be a slam dunk.

It's not possible for the McMichaels to have known his intentions and no, only the police can lawfully stop someone utilizing force. Or a bounty hunter.
Of course it is, your son warned him days before to stay off the property, then you see him again running away with something in his hand? How many more times is Arbery going to taunt neighbors with his brazen actions? All actions have consequences.. The boys called him while on the phone with the cops and Arbery attacked a man with a shot gun. Why is that ok? Do you want this neighborhood to continue to be terrorized?

All we are getting is hearsay when talk about he said she said, so at this point the law kicks in to get to the bottom of this mess. Speculation is all over the place, but that doesn't wash in a case that is as volital as this one is .
Well let's see if the investigation states that as fact, otherwise to state what led up to the death of Arbery be it this or that.
To me you can charge them with being stupid but Travis had a right to protect him self.
Not sure how it will go. Without all the evidence to review, it's pure speculation outside of the court proceedings.

we see the video
Ok, for you.

When you take a life while engaged in self defense it is not called murder but justifiable homicide.

How much sense does it make when you have to arm yourself because you don't know whether the person you're intending on confronting is armed or not? And they were so convinced [erroneously] that Arbery was armed that they rolled him over after he lay dead on the ground to see if he had a gun in his hand which he did not [bummer].

Sounds to me they were hoping he was armed to give them an excuse to shoot him and that Greg McMichael was jonsing for his glory days as a cop when he had the authority to chase down bad guys and ruin their day by arresting them. Well most of the time. At least on those days when his powers to arrest hadn't been revoked.
Your excuse for Arbery doesn’t make sense,, the video shows him attacking Travis,, with a shot gun in his hand, was he supposed to freeze and hand him the gun? Why didn’t Arbery demand he put the gun down before he accelerated towards him? There is no grey area, this was self
Defense
Let me ask you something. If it were you in this situation, would it have even crossed your mind what you would do if the person you're wanting to arrest if he fails to cooperate with you? Other people have rights to and when you're not the police and you're attempting to force them to comply with your demands, all kinds of bad things can happen as we see in this case.

If nothing else, the McMichaels will likily be found liable for Arbery's wrongful death and it's much easier to prevail in a civil suit than a criminal one but if the family prevails in criminal court, the civil case should be a slam dunk.
Where do you see a arrest attempt? The police officer
Was in the truck.. there was no attempt, Travis was probably going to yell something at him as he ran by.

we see the video
Ok, for you.

Defense

Let's try this again with a new player.

Quote the law of agg assault or self defense and the actions McMichaels took on the video that justifies your thief attacking.

Every single liberal so far has run from this challenge. Will you as well?

we see the video
Ok, for you.

Defense

Where do you see a arrest attempt? The police officer
Was in the truck.. there was no attempt, Travis was probably going to yell something at him as he ran by.

Its amazing the stupidity of liberals on this topic using words like chased down and detained when neither apply.

Who said that?

You’re not living in reality the black man ran from a dwelling that did not belong to him after he was warned to stay off of the property by Travis... why should neighbors continue to see a house continually be trespassed on,, when he was caught he ran in what I believe will be a tool he stole from the property.. but you are right the police report doesn’t say much.. and I don’t think that bodes well for Arbery
Because there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things and grabbing a shotgun, jumping in your truck along with your buddies, chasing down a "suspect", confronting him while armed with a shotgun is the WRONG way to go about resolving the issue.

They could have followed him and kept him in site until the police caught up with them. Why was this not a viable option?

And why are you referring to Arbery as "the black man" when you know his name?

Yes. Runners routinely rest by trespassing into other people's houses. Especially those with a criminal record.

Are you for real?

Trespassing is a good deal more common than people being run down by gun-toting vigilantes. Although, if the McMichaels aren't punished, that could change.

Who said that?

Because there is a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things and grabbing a shotgun, jumping in your truck along with your buddies, chasing down a "suspect", confronting him while armed with a shotgun is the WRONG way to go about resolving the issue.

They could have followed him and kept him in site until the police caught up with them. Why was this not a viable option?

And why are you referring to Arbery as "the black man" when you know his name?
I disagree,, the neighbors were all on high alert, to the point police told English to call McMichaels if it keeps happening. The guns are tool for protection, you can’t infringe on that.. sorry Arbery felt uncomfortable maybe he should have listed to Travis the last time he broke in

Yes. Runners routinely rest by trespassing into other people's houses. Especially those with a criminal record.

Are you for real?

Trespassing is a good deal more common than people being run down by gun-toting vigilantes. Although, if the McMichaels aren't punished, that could change.

Another completely unsupported claim without a shred of fact to back you once again.

I guess she will say the McMichaels are guilty because they didn't have a time watch on how fast the suspect was running.....Greg McMichaels did say that as he was going by his house that the suspect was "hauling ass" meaning running fast.

You cannot count on McMichael to be objective. Of course, he would exaggerate.

Forum List

Back