The partisan pompous Judge Moye needs to be removed from the bench.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
This arrogant Democrat judge sent an innocent woman to jail because she would not bow to his demands. There is no place in the legal system for a partisan idiot like this. At the same time the legal system is releasing convicted criminals from jail, Judge Moye sends a business owner into jail because she wouldn't "apologize" for selfishly trying to survive.
He needs to be removed from the bench and replaced with someone less arrogant and hateful.

I don't think this has anything to do with partisan politics, especially considering the fact that he gave the woman an out and she refused to take it.

Here's a good piece on the case from the Dallas Morning News:

The judge who jailed Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther was upholding the rule of law

Judge Moye did not write the rules, and it's not his job to determine if those rules are just. His job is to assess guilt and mete out punishment. There's no question, whatsoever, than Luther violated the Governor's order. Should we simply just break those laws we find to be a nuisance to us?

I don't think this has anything to do with partisan politics, especially considering the fact that he gave the woman an out and she refused to take it.

The judge who jailed Dallas salon owner Shelley Luther was upholding the rule of law

Judge Moye did not write the rules, and it's not his job to determine if those rules are just. His job is to assess guilt and mete out punishment. There's no question, whatsoever, than Luther violated the Governor's order. Should we simply just break those laws we find to be a nuisance to us?
There we go with the "Rule of Law" crap again. This so-called "Rule of Law" was a hastily and ill-conceived over reaction to a virus. And the fact that he was willing to waive the sentence if he got her say I'M SAWWY tells you how flimsy this "Law" is.

There we go with the "Rule of Law" crap again. This so-called "Rule of Law" was a hastily and ill-conceived over reaction to a virus. And the fact that he was willing to waive the sentence if he got her say I'M SAWWY tells you how flimsy this "Law" is.

The law allows for the judge to determine the sentence.

You want to bitch about "the rule of law"? Well, too fuckin' bad, man. We need the rule of law. Regardless of how this particular law came to be, it doesn't give someone the right to disobey it. Furthermore, this woman not only broke that law, but vowed to continue to break it. No judge is going to let someone like that walk.

You say that her being able to apologize should show how flimsy the law is. Well, the fact that she went to jail should show you how flimsy the law isn't.

Please don't misunderstand, I don't support this particular law. I think it's stupid and ill-conceived. But you can't pick and choose which laws you're going to follow...

Forum List

Back