US reaches trade deal with China (phase 1)

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
U.S. negotiators have reached the terms of a phase-one trade deal with China that now awaits President Donald Trump’s approval, according to people briefed on the plans, Bloomberg News reports.

Trade advisers are set to meet with the president at 2:30 p.m. to discuss the agreement. An announcement could come as soon as this afternoon, the people said. A White House spokesperson declined to comment.

Watch the stock market now. Boom!

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Deal in Principle..ending the kerfuffle? I'd be wary..deal in principle..would require some principles..thin on the ground..these days:

https://a.msn.com/r/2/AAK34oS?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

"The White House has reached a "deal in principle" with Beijing to resolve the 17-month U.S.-China trade war, according to a source briefed on the trade talks.
The White House was expected to make an announcement later on Thursday, the source said.
"The written agreement is still being formulated, but they have reached an agreement in principle," the source said. No details were immediately available.
In an attempt to secure a "phase one" trade deal, U.S. negotiators offered to cut existing tariffs on Chinese goods by as much as 50% and suspend new tariffs that were scheduled to go into effect on Sunday, two people familiar with the negotiations said earlier on Thursday.
The U.S.-China trade war has slowed global growth and dampened profits and investment for companies around the world.
If President Donald Trump does not suspend the new tariffs, Beijing officials will apply more tariffs on U.S. goods and may suspend talks until after the U.S. presidential election in November 2020, trade experts believe.
The Dec. 15 tariffs would apply to almost $160 billion of Chinese imports such as video game consoles, computer monitors.
China and the United States agreed in October to conclude a preliminary trade agreement, but Beijing is balking at U.S. demands that it promise to buy a specific amount of agricultural goods. Beijing is also demanding rollbacks of all existing tariffs imposed by the United States."

Phase One. Trump can ride the China/U.S issue which is one Americans and even Canadians now (67% of Canadians polled said we should not be trusting China) believe is vital. Being tough on China is great for votes. Citizens are tired of losing.

He can then win in 2020 and put the boots to China not caring anymore, setting up the next GOP leader for great success after China is neutered.

So the agreement seems to be that we lower our tariffs to keep China from enacting more tariffs?

Let's wait and see, if true, look for another decent bump in stocks tomorrow.

It is the game they have been playing for 2 months now. After a few bad days word leaks out about the deal being imminent and stocks go up.

I’ve made 12.6% on my investments this year, going to get a nice bounce.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

You do not know what is in it yet, seem a bit of a premature ejaculation on your part.
Just watch and learn.

I have been doing so for my whole time on this forum. All I have learned from you is that you have premature ejaculation every time you even think about Trump
Ask the stock market

Forum List

Back