Zone1 Trump : "and Mr Putin: If you don’t make a deal, we’re gonna give them a lot. We’re gonna give more than they ever got.”

i pray we humans learn to soon overcome the need to kill eachother on a regular basis in large numbers.
Good luck with that. Homo Sapiens has been killing each other as long as we have existed. We are an apex predator and apex predators don’t allow competition for resources.

Ukraine's Slog Prompts Focus on Next Year's Fight
With big gains elusive this year, planners are considering how training and new equipment might tip the battlefield balance in spring.

Remote : Sun, 13 Aug 2023 08:33:00 -0400
Local : 2023-08-13(Sunday) 14 : 33 : 00
Found via NicerApp WebOS

i'm sad to say this is playing out exactly as i predicted : another 'endless war'.
So Russia used million dollar SAMs to kill thousand dollar rockets. Sounds like a great deal for Ukraine.

Many West-supplied weapons to Ukraine inferior to Soviet-made analogues — Shoigu
According to the defense minister, Russia was ready to share with its partners assessments concerning the weak sides of the Western military equipment

Remote : Tue, 15 Aug 2023 12:24:07 +0300
Local : 2023-08-15(Tuesday) 11 : 24 : 07
Found via NicerApp WebOS

please consider this as more evidence in the R&D challenges for our domestic military industries grows by the day now, in at least Russia, China and Iran.
Look at the source TASS, the official “news agency” (read propaganda dispersal organ) of the Kremlin. Its pronouncements are like Pavel Chekhov’s in the Star Trek TV show. Everything Russian was great and Russia invented everything.

Look at the source TASS, the official “news agency” (read propaganda dispersal organ) of the Kremlin. Its pronouncements are like Pavel Chekhov’s in the Star Trek TV show. Everything Russian was great and Russia invented everything.
yeah i knew it was a Russian propaganda source that put forth this article.
that doesn't detract from the message though; we need to focus more on R&D rather than selling weapons that end up getting used in these long wars.

yeah i knew it was a Russian propaganda source that put forth this article.
that doesn't detract from the message though; we need to focus more on R&D rather than selling weapons that end up getting used in these long wars.
Selling weapons fuel R&D. Once weapons are sold or used, they have to be replaced and/or improved. Look at the Spanish Civil War for examples, the Germans and Italians used it as a test ground to evaluate and then improve their weapons.

Selling weapons fuel R&D. Once weapons are sold or used, they have to be replaced and/or improved. Look at the Spanish Civil War for examples, the Germans and Italians used it as a test ground to evaluate and then improve their weapons.
68HI325.png
9781250209368.jpg

yeah, of course there is a link between the sales of weapons and R&D of weapons.
but i think that at best you'll get small incremental change this way.

i'm a big fan of the blitzkrieg principle, because it ensures a battlefield is not contested for too long.
and you can only do blitzkrieg with a sufficient lead in the designs of your weapons.

that's why i'll continue to advocate for a much more R&D based NATO defense policy.

Over 20 countries join G7 declaration on security guarantees for Ukraine — Zelensky
On the sidelines of the July NATO summit in Vilnius, the G7 adopted a declaration on long-term security guarantees for Ukraine. The document, in particular, states that Kiev should receive a significant military potential. The Ukrainian authorities hope that the first bilateral agreements with European countries will be signed before the end of this year.
Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov called this decision erroneous and potentially very dangerous.

Remote : Sun, 27 Aug 2023 00:55:09 +0300
Local : 2023-08-26(Saturday) 23 : 55 : 09

Found via NicerApp WebOS

i'd like some more clarity on what this 'significant military potential' entails.

(forwarded to whitehouse.gov/contact in a moment)

Boil the Russian frog slowly, so that it doesn't go nuclear.

That's the point of the slow acceleration in the weapons given to Ukraine.

biden, and nato, have been masterful so far. no one needs trump to blunder in with his bullshit to screw it up.

I don't particular care for Trump but telling Russia if they don't come to the table and end this shit we are going to give more arms to the Ukraine is pretty much what you loons want, but Trump suggesting it makes you all lose your fucking minds. Your a partisan hack.
if trump can end this war he should do so, immediately, as a private citizen, as mr carter and bill richardson and even dennis rodman have done as private citizens to facilitate peace.

that way he could earn that nobel peace prize that he so covets for his collection of "participation trophies."

Actually, Trump is — even as a private citizen facing criminal charges for his previous conduct — encouraging Putin to wage his “long war” on Ukraine.

So long as there is any hope that Trump will be the Republican candidate for President and may even win, Putin can see a clear road to an easy “peace” and “victory” that will allow Russia to keep control of all the Ukrainian lands they have taken & held since his 2020 invasion.

Even if Trump is jailed, can’t run, or loses a close election. Putin hopes that chaos and division in the U.S. will wear down the West’s willingness to aid Ukraine. His political survival probably depends on this.

Despite terrible suffering, it does not now appear the Ukrainian state or military is ready to give up the fight, or that Russia can ever hope to realize victory and a “peace” on terms that Russians will consider a victory.

Of course nothing is absolutely certain in war, as in politics generally. Most Western experts and Putin himself, thought Russian troops would take Kiev in a matter of days!

It seems, at least according to a recent statement by Zelensky, that Ukrainians will get an opportunity to vote for their President and other leaders even during this invasion. That may give the world a better idea of how determined — or not — they are to continue fighting to reclaim 20% of their land from the mostly demoralized Russian troops occupying it.

My own feeling is we would be fools to abandon Ukraine now. It is a terrible war … as all wars are. Despite whatever past errors & miscalculations occurred — on all sides — that led to this point, the U.S. cannot let Russia’s aggressive dictatorial state succeed, so long as the Ukrainians show a willingness to fight and defend their sovereignty.

If the Ukrainians themselves ever decide they have no choice but trade “land for — a temporary — peace” then we are obliged to help them achieve that much … from a position of military equality, with an intact army able to protect itself from future Russian attacks.

So far the Biden Administration has done a fine job with the cards it was dealt. NATO is more united and stronger than I — or Putin — ever expected, and the Ukrainians have proven they have staying power and a thirst for freedom and independence.

Donald Trump has always showed fulsome admiration for dictators like Putin, XiJinping and Kim Jung-un, and contempt for liberal democracy, Europe & NATO. He hasn’t changed a bit … except he is now more bitter and more unstable than ever.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back