Unintended consequences of Trump's war on the post office: veterans not getting their medicines on time

The post office changes being made have been in the works for 10 years...you libs are being misled big time....

Sure removing sorting machines in major post offices have been in the works, you are so full of shit.
More than 3 years? Doubt it. Seems like removing automated sorting machines would slow down the process and make it more labor intensive. Every place I have ever worked we added automation to speed things up, increase process accuracy, reduce defects and increase production. It was always worth the money. It also reduced employee medical costs, due to repetitive motion injuries such as carpal tunnel.

Obama Assails Trump For Attacks On Mail-In Voting

The former president also urged Americans to vote as early as they can.

Former President Barack Obama on Friday implored Americans to vote as early as possible and implicitly assailed President Donald Trump for his assault on mail-in voting and the U.S. Postal Service.

“Everyone depends on the USPS. Seniors for their Social Security, veterans for their prescriptions, small businesses trying to keep their doors open. They can’t be collateral damage for an administration more concerned with suppressing the vote than suppressing a virus,” Obama tweeted.

He went on to urge voters to vote as early as they can.

“The more votes in early, the less likely you’re going to see a last minute crunch, both at polling places and in states where mail-in ballots are permitted,” he tweeted. “Then tell everyone you know.”

I agree! Thank you President Obama!

I am so glad I don't live in a state that is preventing us from voting.

My state does the exact opposite. We do all we can for everyone to vote as easily as possible.

We have been 100% mail in voting since 2005.

If a person doesn't want to put their ballot in the mail we have ballot boxes all over the place. A person can take their ballot to the county auditor office too.

For those who want to vote by mail but not put it in the mail, put it in a ballot box or take it to the county auditor office.

Don't let trump and the republicans steal this election.

A lot of veterans receive their medicine via the post office. When Trump and his USPS chief buddy delayed mail in order to slow down mail ballots, they didn't think about the consequences.
Everything gets delayed and even many of good supporters will end up affected and pissed off:
Policy changes that slow delivery at the U.S. Postal Service are taking a toll on military veterans, who are reporting much longer wait times to receive mail-order prescription drugs, according to Democratic senators.

In a letter Friday, the 31 senators take aim at new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a GOP fundraiser who took the post in June and has since imposed several operational changes that have led to mail backlogs across the United States. His cost-cutting measures have come as President Donald Trump rails against increases in mail-in voting and says he may hold up postal funding to impede the balloting in November.
The Postal Service employs more than 97,000 military veterans (I am sure they are not happy with Trump also...)

A lot of veterans receive their medicine via the post office. When Trump and his USPS chief buddy delayed mail in order to slow down mail ballots, they didn't think about the consequences.
Everything gets delayed and even many of good supporters will end up affected and pissed off:
Policy changes that slow delivery at the U.S. Postal Service are taking a toll on military veterans, who are reporting much longer wait times to receive mail-order prescription drugs, according to Democratic senators.

In a letter Friday, the 31 senators take aim at new Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a GOP fundraiser who took the post in June and has since imposed several operational changes that have led to mail backlogs across the United States. His cost-cutting measures have come as President Donald Trump rails against increases in mail-in voting and says he may hold up postal funding to impede the balloting in November.

I see you excel in spreading horseshit.

10-4 this!
We have 838 homes in my Del Webb retirement community, with many veterans.
Not one is complaining and I speak with them constantly at the Clubhouse.

True story.
Your are lying about speaking to those veterans, and you don't say how many of them get medicine by mail.
i know a bunch of letter carriers in the city i used to work out of....they say it aint happening.....medical stuff has top priority......like it always had....

Last edited:

So America is supposed to trust these turds with our voting ballots?
no big deal reb....in the 33 years i was there they always endorsed democrats.....when i retired there was quit a few carriers who were not democrats and a lot of them were the vets....

Yeah, that's fake news. I get my meds by mail from the VA, I've seen no unusual mail times since Trump took office. Besides that, small packages like meds are processed on different equipment than flats (envelopes).

It's the veterans versus a troll from a message board:
"More than two dozen veterans and more than half a dozen VA employees who work in department pharmacies nationwide reported delays for mail-order prescriptions to Connecting Vets."
Guess who the "reported delays" are being "reported" by.

Uh, Democrats ? Good guess.

No delays in my VA mail meds.

Post Office is already deluged with mail, and cannot withstand more mail in large amounts added. What will cause delays in mail, is mail voting, not anything that Trump does.
the PO can handle large amounts of mail.....the mail of today isnt anything like it was .....they still have the infrastructure....

Trump Says GOP Would Never Win Again if Democrats’ Voting Provisions Made It into Stimulus Bill

Trump openly admitting if we made voting easier in America, Republicans wouldn’t win elections
Trump: “The things they had in there were crazy. They had levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.” pic.twitter.com/x5HmX6uogo
— Lis Power (@LisPower1) March 30, 2020
I understand he has requested his vote by mail ballot for an upcoming Florida election. Must work pretty good. Bet he votes early and mails early, with the damage done to the Postal Service under his watch.
I asked you for a source link to justify you saying >> ""Trump says republicans cannot win if people are allowed to vote." And what you showed up with is completely different than that. All your source said was that Trump complained about Democrats' crazy voting provisions ( which he was right about). That isn't saying what you said he said.

If you try to argue this, you'll look like a FOOL. :doubt:

the PO can handle large amounts of mail.....the mail of today isnt anything like it was .....they still have the infrastructure....
Today I heard from a good source, just the opposite of what you said.

And it's understandable. The US population has grown a lot over the past 10-20 years. In the year 2000> 281 Million. Now > 331 Million. Increase of 50 Million. Many whole countries don't have that many people (Ex. Canada).

Last edited:

Didn't democrats already ban their drugs that were supposed to help them when democrats sent sick people their way?

Stupid. A fraud free election should be secured and the leftists are whining.

Yes, the is being made more secure. This is great news.

The Postal Service employs more than 97,000 military veterans (I am sure they are not happy with Trump also...)
when i worked there the vets were not very happy with the postal management like everyone else....it did not matter who was president....

Well then mail in voting ought to be wonderful then.

You're reaching now.....
It's the veterans versus a troll from a message board:
"More than two dozen veterans and more than half a dozen VA employees who work in department pharmacies nationwide reported delays for mail-order prescriptions to Connecting Vets."

AH! More nameless, faceless sources, who'd-a-thunk. LMAO

Yeah, that's fake news. I get my meds by mail from the VA, I've seen no unusual mail times since Trump took office. Besides that, small packages like meds are processed on different equipment than flats (envelopes).

and its not like you get a lot of them every day....

Today I heard from a good source, just the opposite of what you said.

And it's understandable. The US population has grown a lot over the past 10-20 years. In the year 2000> 281 Million. Now > 331 Million. Increase of 50 Million. Many whole countries don't have that many people (Ex. Canada).
my source is me.....mail volume at the routes are measured in feet.....in the 90s at the city i was in we used to get 25 to 30 feet of mail per day....when i was retiring it was down to 13-15 feet..........during Christmas and election time mail increases quit a bit.....they can handle the volume....election ballots will not make that big of a difference

Last edited:
Trump Says GOP Would Never Win Again if Democrats’ Voting Provisions Made It into Stimulus Bill

Trump openly admitting if we made voting easier in America, Republicans wouldn’t win elections
Trump: “The things they had in there were crazy. They had levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again.” pic.twitter.com/x5HmX6uogo
— Lis Power (@LisPower1) March 30, 2020
I understand he has requested his vote by mail ballot for an upcoming Florida election. Must work pretty good. Bet he votes early and mails early, with the damage done to the Postal Service under his watch.
I asked you for a source link to justify you saying >> ""Trump says republicans cannot win if people are allowed to vote." And what you showed up with is completely different than that. All your source said was that Trump complained about Democrats' crazy voting provisions ( which he was right about). That isn't saying what you said he said.

If you try to argue this, you'll look like a FOOL. :doubt:
Trump Said the Quiet Part Out Loud on Vote-By-Mail: Republicans Think They Can't Win When More People Vote
Republicans do not want more people to vote. This has been clear for close to a decade. After the Obama coalition swept to power in 2008 and retained the White House in 2012, Republicans had a choice: attempt to broaden their own coalition by appealing to new groups, like Hispanic voters and women, beyond their traditional base of older white Christians; or double down on the white Christian nationalism. They chose the latter, but because this made winning an actual majority of voters difficult, they had to prevent other groups from voting and dilute the power of those votes. The Party of Lincoln has, as a result, pursued a suite of policies aimed at rigging elections for their own benefit.
In other cases, there's even more straightforward voter suppression. Reuters found states across the South have closed 1,200 polling places since the Roberts Court gutted the Voting Rights Act in 2013. This leads to longer lines, even as some states scale back voting hours, all of which discourages people—particularly, say, hourly workers—from participating. By the time of the Georgia gubernatorial election in 2018, when Brian Kemp was running for governor while overseeing the election as secretary of state—this is known as a conflict of interest—huge numbers of polling places had been closed, often in poorer rural areas and counties with significant African-American populations. This was accompanied by a massive purge of the voter rolls, as more than 100,000 citizens were literally stripped of their voting rights in an initiative overseen by Kemp. Then there was the Interstate Voter Registration Crosscheck Program, a sprawling initiative overseen by Kris Kobach to purge Certain People from the voter rolls across multiple states.

Of course, that's not it, because Republicans don't want more people to vote. That includes the President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, who engaged in a legendary faceplant when asked about it at Tuesday's daily news conference in the White House Briefing Room, which—like every other one—offered viewers very little useful information about the national coronavirus response. Anyway, here's the faceplant:

This content is imported from Twitter. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.
President Trump: "I think mail-in voting is horrible, it's corrupt."

Reporter: "You voted by mail in Florida's election last month, didn't you?"

Trump: "Sure. I can vote by mail"

Reporter: "How do you reconcile with that?"

Trump: "Because I'm allowed to." pic.twitter.com/Es8ZNyB3O1

Forum List

Back